• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT6| Delete your accounts

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
I don't see Bernie dropping out; the media has a story right now which is that Hillary wins. So if Sanders comes out massively against the idea of dropping out, then it brings the spotlight back on him.

The media, like CNN especially, always want a dead-heat scenario in every situation. Right now the story is heavily leaning on Hillary's side, so they will be very happy to bring it back to a pseudo-stalemate and the Sanders' camp are smart enough to know that, and their goal is to get the media on them to bring out their message.

So I have someone in my facebook feed crying fraud in Cali already. (shocking I know) He posted a picture of his ballot with Bernie Sanders' arrow half filled in and Hillary fully filled in. He claims he only did Bernie but then he got an error saying he voted twice and it popped out with Hillary filled in. Claims they gave him a new ballot and it went through the second time. I'm guessing he thinks it tried to erase Bernie and fill in Hillary....

This shit can't be over soon enough.

itschris

CNN PROJECTION:

U1BSS3g.jpg

Nate Cohn ‏@Nate_Cohn 15m15 minutes ago Washington, DC
Clinton has now won 15 states by more than 100,000 votes. Sanders has one: Wisconsin

Here's a transcript, such as it is:

GUY IN AUDIENCE: No TPP!

TRUMP: No PPP, you're right about that. [Smirks toward crowd.] And you mean, no PP.

Trump is such a moron that he doesn't realize right off what the guy is talking about and says "No PPP."1 Then he smirks and makes a little aside. Does he mean "no pee pee"? Is he that much of a child? Was it something else? WTF was this supposed to mean?

1Someone must have yelled at him about this in his ear, because a few seconds later he said, "We're not going to approve, as someone just said, the Trans. Pacific. Partnership." He drew out the last three words very slowly and carefully.
http://www.motherjones.com/kevin-drum/2016/06/trump

/DEAD

Cheebo

Banned
I don't see Bernie dropping out; the media has a story right now which is that Hillary wins. So if Sanders comes out massively against the idea of dropping out, then it brings the spotlight back on him.

The media, like CNN especially, always want a dead-heat scenario in every situation. Right now the story is heavily leaning on Hillary's side, so they will be very happy to bring it back to a pseudo-stalemate and the Sanders' camp are smart enough to know that, and their goal is to get the media on them to bring out their message.
No one will pretend its a stalemate anymore, Bernie has no choice but to get out at least when DC votes. The media will eat him alive if he doesnt.

I still cannot believe that Sanders made the argument that super-delegates should make him the nominee after all his critiques of the primary system being undemocratic. It's like, dude, you're literally asking for the very thing you railed against and simultaneously arguing that the most democratic part of the process (total votes & pledged delegates) should be ignored. Utterly ridiculous.

Benchmarkpol:

Clinton's lead expanding in Minnehaha. We are ready to make a call - Clinton is projected to win South Dakota in a major upset.

sonicmj1

The new stalemate is Hillary versus Trump. Gotta move to the new story.

Crocodile

Clinton is going all in on the "first woman candidate" card

Good. She's earned it. Even if someone has beef with Clinton this is still a great look for our country

TyrantII

MSNBC giant iPad dude needs to go back to stats class. Trump getting 65% of the white vote means little if the proportion of whites voting shrinks yet again as it has done so every election since 2000.

He needs to win white AND needs to increase their share of the electorate over 2008/2012

Dierce

I still cannot believe that Sanders made the argument that super-delegates should make him the nominee after all his critiques of the primary system being undemocratic. It's like, dude, you're literally asking for the very thing you railed against and simultaneously arguing that the most democratic part of the process (total votes & pledged delegates) should be ignored. Utterly ridiculous.
Just have to use doublethink to get the point....

shem935

Banned
I haven't smiled at politics in a while. I have laughed, both sad and happy, but those don't count. This is me being proud of something. Feels pretty good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom