• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT6| Delete your accounts

Status
Not open for further replies.

GutsOfThor

Not a fan of the speech or delivery but I like how everything else was planned and executed about tonight. The tone of the message all day, that intro video, Podesta, etc.

Really curious about Sanders' tone. I have no problem with him not dropping out tonight. Hillary didn't drop out the night Obama clinched either. But if he trots out on the stage and savages Hillary again, as he has done for weeks, we're going to have a problem. This is Hillary's night, a night of celebration and one of history. The last thing any sane liberal or democrat wants is Sanders coming out and saying something disrespectful.

I would hope that his aides tell him to simply congratulate Hillary for her wins tonight, make your case/stump speech, and then set your sites on the DC contest. That's it.

I agree with you on the speech. It was good enough I guess. Her foreign policy speech was light years better.

I would love it for Sanders to go all in on trump in his speech but I doubt he will.

PBY

Banned
I thought Hillary sucked tonight guys, sorry.

It doesn't matter, but it it was a little disappointing. Also totally willing to concede that my expectations were probably wholly unrealistic.

Paskil

ED1Tky5.png

I am touching myself right now.

Not a fan of the speech or delivery but I like how everything else was planned and executed about tonight. The tone of the message all day, that intro video, Podesta, etc.

Really curious about Sanders' tone. I have no problem with him not dropping out tonight. Hillary didn't drop out the night Obama clinched either. But if he trots out on the stage and savages Hillary again, as he has done for weeks, we're going to have a problem. This is Hillary's night, a night of celebration and one of history. The last thing any sane liberal or democrat wants is Sanders coming out and saying something disrespectful.

I would hope that his aides tell him to simply congratulate Hillary for her wins tonight, make your case/stump speech, and then set your sites on the DC contest. That's it.

I agree that this is Clinton's night. In a way, Sanders conceding tonight takes away from that. He can have his own platform later this week. I think he can give a very good, positive, speech that helps move everyone toward November.

I thought Hillary sucked tonight guys, sorry.

It doesn't matter, but it it was a little disappointing. Also totally willing to concede that my expectations were probably wholly unrealistic.

Yeah, but you've been diablosing like a madman for a while now.

TheFatOne

Did this idiot really just say good journalist should be cynical? LOL Good journalist should be skeptical. Being cynical means you have an inherent bias you can't get over, and thus would be a poor journalist.

Nate Cohn ‏@Nate_Cohn 56s56 seconds ago Washington, DC
Clinton up 66-33 in the Los Angeles County early vote. That's 225k votes.
16 retweets 23 likes

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Did this idiot really just say good journalist should be cynical? LOL Good journalist should be skeptical. Being cynical means you have an inherent bias you can't get over, and thus would be a poor journalist.

What moron said journalists should be cynical? They should be skeptical. I'd like to assume he misspoke.

Nate Cohn ‏@Nate_Cohn 2m2 minutes ago Washington, DC
They're going to wait on Election Day vote before making a projection. But Clinton's up by way more in the Early Vote than the pols showed.

Benchmark is citing a report where Cali early vote was 5 mil while election day was 3 mil.

If true and this trend continues...massacre! We'll see though later.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Jordan Chariton. I don't give anyone on TYT the benefit of the doubt anymore.

Oh, it was TYT? They wouldn't know how to be journalists if they took a class taught by Murrow himself and sat in the first row with their eyes held ope Clockwork Orange style.

TheFatOne

Jordan Chariton using anecdotal evidence to say the Democratic party won't be around anymore in the future. The same idiot who likes to talk about journalism and being a good journalist. Also, is it just me or is low information voter a dog whistle? I generally see it only used when talking about minorities, but I'm not sure if I'm just seeing what I want to see here.

Boke1879

If the margins are 10 points or more in California, how in the world does Bernie NOT suspend his campaign tonight?

He can stay in but his rhetoric has to shift towards trump and how we need to unify against him. That'll get his supporters slowly to accept that Trump is the real enemy and not Clinton.

TheCrow

Jordan Chariton using anecdotal evidence to say the Democratic party won't be around anymore in the future. The same idiot who likes to talk about journalism and being a good journalist. Also, is it just me or is low information voter a dog whistle? I generally see it only used when talking about minorities, but I'm not sure if I'm just seeing what I want to see here.

lol I said the exact same thing to my sister.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom