• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT6| Delete your accounts

Status
Not open for further replies.
Feel bad for Nina. She knows it is over....

Also wtf at the MSNBC bringing up "why didn't Bernie connect with minority's" question. Really strange question to ask right now.

shem935

Banned
Welp I have made over 1000 bucks tonight betting on Hillary. Montana made me most of that haha. I am now going to smoke myself into a weed coma in honor of Hillary, party unity and sweet, sweet, cash.

What did you bet on Montana? She hasn't clinched that yet lol I hope no one payed out!

FyreWulff

One step closer to a world in which we can safely say the President has had sex with one of the previous Presidents.

And when Chelsea wants a favor from one of them, both of them will go "I don't know. Why don't you go ask the President?"

Unfortunately Chelsea's future kid has already been beaten to President That Had A Grandparent As President.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
CkZox1VWEAAfF3L.jpg:large

Gonna pick up a copy to read on the subway tomorrow. Those guys do know how to make a front page.

The end of that Politico article is... strikingly different from the entire preceding piece, lol. The discussions, the accounts of his actions, they all paint Sanders as a man reacting without thinking, picking fights almost on instinct and losing constantly. A total failure of a politician. But then there's that last paragraph where it's like "oh but he's actually super savvy" with literally nothing to back it up. Weird.

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery
Wonder what went wrong with Bernie. :(

Did he become mad with power like that Albert Schweitzer guy?

Piecake

Weaver and Devine go on the record.

http://www.politico.com/story/2016/06/bernie-sanders-campaign-last-days-224041

/QUOTE]

This quote is just insane to me

Convinced as Sanders is that he’s realizing his lifelong dream of being the catalyst for remaking American politics—aides say he takes credit for a Harvard Kennedy School study in April showing young people getting more liberal, and he takes personal offense every time Clinton just dismisses the possibility of picking him as her running mate—his guiding principle under attack has basically boiled down to a feeling that multiple aides sum up as: “Screw me? No, screw you.”

You made younger people more liberal? God, what an arrogant blowhard

Embarrassing, Nina Turner. Embarrassing.

Kev, you what's more embarrassing? Before she threw her support wholeheartedly behind Bernie, Turner was one of the top Dem prospects to run in 2018 for Ohio governor.

Absolutely no way the state party will let her run in the primary. I'd imagine Coleman or Whaley will be the pick now.

Bernie won't campaign for congress people that don't back him but we're supposed to talk about all this shit passing congress.

This is nonsense

Valhelm

contribute something
Feel bad for Nina. She knows it is over....

Also wtf at the MSNBC bringing up "why didn't Bernie connect with minority's" question. Really strange question to ask right now.

I think it's because Nina Turner is Bernie Sander's most visible black surrogate, because California is one of the less white states in the US, and because tonight really marks the end to the Democratic primary.

Putting her on the spot basically because of her race could be seen as tactless, but I don't think it's totally inappropriate.

Benchmark has rightly received criticism, but I do hope they can continue to do what they do and tweak their model and learn from their mistakes. They are either onto something, or just very lucky this primary.

Whoa, you bet on Montana, that was lucky.
Can't say i'd have put money on it.

I got lucky on that. I saw the montana results with her ahead and went to that market. Crazy shit happened. Bernie's stocks were like 80 cents while Hillary was in the 20s even thought she was leading. I stocked up on cheap Hillary yes shares and cheap bernie no shares and sold when the market swung in Hillary's direction.

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
I got lucky on that. I saw the montana results with her ahead and went to that market. Crazy shit happened. Bernie's stocks were like 80 cents while Hillary was in the 20s even thought she was leading. I stocked up on cheap Hillary yes shares and cheap bernie no shares and sold when the market swung in Hillary's direction.

Wow, a real betting market should make that impossible.

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise

Everything that's been hinted at and suspected: confirmed.

Good riddance to this bum.

Top Sanders aides admit that it’s been weeks, if not months, since they themselves realized he wasn’t going to be win, and they’ve been operating with a Trump’s-got-no-real-shot safety net. They debate whether Sanders’ role in the fall should be a full vote-for-Clinton campaign, or whether he should just campaign hard against Trump without signing up to do much for her directly.

They haven’t been able to get Sanders focused on any of that, or on the real questions about what kind of long term organization to build out of his email list. They know they’ll have their own rally in Philadelphia – outside the the convention hall—but that’s about as far as they’ve gotten.
Bernie is going to be the sorest fucking loser in modern history.

Don't get my hopes up Wasserman:

Down-Ballot: Could Darrell Issa Be Vulnerable In The Fall?
If there’s a House race that’s not getting any attention but maybe should, it’s GOP Rep. Darrell Issa’s seat north of San Diego. National Democrats aren’t eager to play here because Issa is the wealthiest member of Congress and has routinely won reelection by comfortable margins. But Issa is also a high-profile Trump defender on television in a district that may not favor Trump.

In just the past four years, Democrats have cut the GOP’s voter registration advantage by almost half in Issa’s district, California’s 49th. It’s one of the best-educated districts in the state. So far tonight, Issa is taking just 51 percent in early returns in the all-party top-two primary to 45 percent for Democratic attorney and Iraq veteran Doug Applegate.

Even though turnout for the Democratic presidential primary could be driving that closeness, Issa’s showing is below that of several other GOP incumbents considered vulnerable.

shem935

Banned

Ooooo very nice work.

NervousXtian

Thought Emoji Movie was good. Take that as you will.
Welp I have made over 1000 bucks tonight betting on Hillary. Montana made me most of that haha. I am now going to smoke myself into a weed coma in honor of Hillary, party unity and sweet, sweet, cash.

She's not going to win Montana... Sanders will eek that one out. Look what's left, it's been slowly going Sanders way.. CNN shows him in the lead now.

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
She's not going to win Montana... Sanders will eek that one out. Look what's left, it's been slowly going Sanders way.. CNN shows him in the lead now.

Right as you said that, the vote count switched leaders, lol.

The person we need to head the DNC is definitely a politician that complains about Obama not using the words "Radical Islamic Terrorism."

This is what is needed in America right now when the GOP wants to put Muslims in camps.

Wow, a real betting market should make that impossible.

Well thank god for predictit not being a real betting market lol.

Yeah I got out with my profit. I don't even care about Montana right now. I'm very happy. Hilllary's speech was amazing, I am so proud to be a part of this party and so glad Bernie is not the nominee. :)

Iolo

Is Sanders going to give a victory speech for ND and not acknowledge that he got absolutely clobbered today?

Yes.

Nina Turner's "it's not about math, it's about social studies" is probably the single most stupid statement I have heard during this campaign.

Kamala Harris easily won the primary with Sanchez behind in a clear 2nd.

No GOP on the November ballot for Senate. LOLZ

edit: Also, Hillary gonna win easily in Cali, folks.

This quote is just insane to me

You made younger people more liberal? God, what an arrogant blowhard

I don't think it's absurd to suggest that having an avowed, unashamed leftist running and gaining traction in a presidential election probably did pull young people a little more to the left than they otherwise would have been.

However, it does seem clear that Sanders drank his own Kool-Aid, and that it mixed pretty poorly with whatever Kool-Aid he was already running on. The guy has been an absolute mess for the better part of a month.

Drakeon

Kamala Harris easily won the primary with Sanchez behind in a clear 2nd.

No GOP on the November ballot for Senate. LOLZ

edit: Also, Hillary gonna win easily in Cali, folks.

Pretty hilarious the GOP can't even contest Boxer's open seat. But boy were there a fuckton of choices to vote for for US Senator besides Sanchez and Harris, looked like there were 30 people running for it.

From what I can tell she can't even get elected at the state level. Why is she a thing?

She became a thing because Bernie had essentially no surrogates, especially a woman of color. I'm not being shady, just being honest. She's fine...but she's never going to have a national presence. She's just not going to. There are so many better, progressive women out there. She is not one of them.

She became a thing because Bernie had essentially no surrogates, especially a woman of color. I'm not being shady, just being honest. She's fine...but she's never going to have a national presence. She's just not going to. There are so many better, progressive women out there. She is not one of them.

One of them is going to be the next senator from california!

Both who are women of color which is awesome!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom