• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT6| Delete your accounts

Status
Not open for further replies.
I loathe the man too but he did give some sign that he is ready to move on. Just give him a few more days to digest what just happened in the last 24 hours. Just give him and his supporters space. Hillary won and everyone is (almost) on board. That's all that really matters.

shem935

Banned
10000%

He talked about Trump for like 2 minutes.

He talked more about what kept him from winning then he did Trump.

It was not a good speech.

He let them fucking boo her for longer than he let them boo Trump

The breakdown for me felt like 1/4 trump, 1/4 thanking supporters/acknowledging clinton and obama, 1/2 what he wanted to do as president. Is it tone deaf? Yes. Should he have told his supporters to shut up when booing clinton? Yes. I chock that up to him being a stubborn asshole and most of the Politico article being true. He however did not continue to tear clinton down which was the main positive I took away from it and is what is giving me hope.

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
I can tell Maddow did not expect the speech to go quite that way.

I loathe the man too but he did give some sign that he is ready to move on. Just give him a few more days to digest what just happened in the last 24 hours. Just give him and his supporters space. Hillary won and everyone is (almost) on board. That's all that really matters.

I don't have a problem giving him time to digest. But that boo moment, and him not controlling his crowd...it was straight up like he hasn't seen much of the world.

It was awful. And disgusting in my eyes.

Even the good parts of the speech were "accede to my demands or I wont help you"

Loudninja

I think people had about enough now,he needs to stop moving the goal post.

Ophelion

Yeah, the democrats fucked up letting him run as one.

Not sure. I'd rather this happen here than during the GE. There's still time to walk this back. If he ran I in the GE, we'd be getting fucking Nadered and maybe Trump is headed to the White House then.

Let him go to D.C. If he sticks to his basic stump speech and reserving his ire for Trump I think it's Bernie in wind down mode and he'll concede shortly thereafter.

I don't have a problem giving him time to digest. But that boo moment, and him not controlling his crowd...it was straight up like he hasn't seen much of the world.

It was awful. And disgusting in my eyes.

I think people had about enough now the goal post needs to stop moving.

Even the good parts of the speech were "accede to my demands or I wont help you"

I mean, it took Hillary a few days before she conceded after it was clear that Obama is the presumptive nominee. And I just chalked up his speech to him being stubborn and just not adaptable enough to go off script.

At least there were no Hillary attacks this time.

I didn't read that from the speech at all. Aside from not stopping the booing (seriously, was he just not expecting that?), it was fine and was setting himself and his campaign up for a soft landing after talking to Obama and Reid on Thursday. I know the Queen is out for blood, but if anyone says this was the worst thing ever I think it's the stress getting to them.

Paskil

Sanders speech was just his stump speech. He updated his language a little bit to state how important it was to keep Trump from the Whitehouse and that was it.

Teggy

Cant imagine Sanders is happy right now. I'd hope that he keeps it simple as I said earlier. Celebrate your caucus victory, congratulate Hillary for winning NJ, claim CA is close, give your stomp speech, and get off the stage. He doesn't need to call her the nominee and I hope he doesn't bring up the AP.

This was eerily accurate. I think we found Sanders' speech writer.

And yet he made the same stump speech he's made 1000x while catering it only to himself and not the party or the actual candidate who will run against Trump.

That's what he needs to do to get his supporters against Trump, not just continue to jeer.

He also should have been winding down his campaign ages ago.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Jon FavreauVerified account
‏@jonfavs
If Bernie truly intended on contesting the convention, he would've kept attacking Hillary. He didn't. Just needs time to land the plane.

Relevant and I agree. He acknowledged clinton and obama in a positive way. He is moving on.

What is he going to attack her on? He made California his Alamo... and it ended up being his Alamo. He lost. A fake battle that had no real meaning other than symbolism and he didn't even get that.

This whole thing is a sham. They've placated enough of his bullshit already. Hillary talks about standing up to bullies but shes letting the one inside the party have his way.

But on the other hand I'm glad hes going to keep this going all the way to end. Him getting his ass kicked in one last final contest will be fitting.

Diablos

Wtf. I wake up to Bernie yelling and he doesn't even concede.

He's totally full of shit. I'm quite concerned that he has let his base become so anti-Clinton that they're never going to fully come around. And while he may be trying to find a place to land per se, I still don't trust him.

Every time Bernie doesn't do what we want people say oh just wait until XYZ. And then nothing happens and he keeps going, like he's fucking with everyone.

shem935

Banned
What is he going to attack her on? He made California his Alamo... and it ended up being his Alamo. He lost. A fake battle that had no real meaning other than symbolism and he didn't even get that.

This whole thing is a sham. They've placated enough of his bullshit already. Hillary talks about standing up to bullies but shes letting the one inside the party have his way.

But on the other hand I'm glad hes going to keep this going all the way to end. Him getting his ass kicked in one last final contest will be fitting.
I mean yeah I agree, but he could have gone off about corruption, and saying the system is rigged, Hillary voted for Iraq, blah blah blah. He didn't which is what the the comment was concerning.

TheFatOne

Nah Sanders has over played his hand. He's most likely got no cash, and the media is going to start hounding him to drop soon. Clinton just needs to ignore him. He's finished.

Look I do think he'll actually concede, though it would not surprise me if he stayed in until the convention.

Bu this was an historic night, the first woman nominee for President, and he let them boo her, and he made no mention of what that means, of the ceiling being smashed.

He just stumped and said see ya in DC and Philly.

I don't have to respect that, I won't respect that

Funny enough just turned on MSNBC, and they are talking exactly that, that he didn't even say on word about it being a historic night for the first woman nominee.

They are roasting him.

They are seriously saying what we;ve been saying for a month.

This was bad for him in the media

CkaEc3KXEAA6QbQ

Look I do think he'll actually concede, though it would not surprise me if he stayed in until the convention.

Bu this was an historic night, the first woman nominee for President, and he let them boo her, and he made no mention of what that means, of the ceiling being smashed.

He just stumped and said see ya in DC and Philly.

I don't have to respect that, I won't respect that

Funny enough just turned on MSNBC, and they are talking exactly that, that he didn't even say on word about it being a historic night for the first woman nominee.

They are roasting him.

They are seriously saying what we;ve been saying for a month.

This was bad for him in the media

I agree. I do not have to respect the disrespect he showed this evening. I do not respect him. He is as bad as people have made him out to be.

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
I mean, DC is going to be humiliating if nothing else.

Yeah, if he does not concede this week, then DC will be a humiliating loss. Maddow pointed that out before they went off for the evening.

Crocodile

I really agree with the MSNBC assessment that he's leading his followers into a wall and hasn't shown a way to funnel his support to actually productively promoting change in Congress or State Legislatures.

shem935

Banned
I don't have to respect that, I won't respect that,
Never said you should and I don't either. It makes him an asshole but the fact that he didn't continue attacking her makes him just about as much of asshole as he could get away with. The booing was disrespectful to let happen and cements firmly in my mind that he is very bitter and resentful. I'm just glad he didn't take it further.

User1608

Banned
Yeah, he really did disrespect the first woman nominee of a major party. Not cool. In fact..
I had to step away from the phone so I wouldn't get myself banned the way he handled his speech. Totally bad way of handling it, I know. I'm not perfect.

This has been a very stressful primary.

saltypickles

Neo Member
I just can't believe he delays his rally, sees the results for California and presumably sees the Politico story...and then confirms what the article claimed about him! Unreal. At least Trump told his supporters to not boo when Jeb and Rubio dropped.

I really agree with the MSNBC assessment that he's leading his followers into a wall and hasn't shown a way to funnel his support to actually productively promoting change in Congress or State Legislatures.

This is whats most irritating. There isn't any plans to build up support for a far-left party like the Tea Party did, they just want everything on their agenda and want it now or else it's obviously ESTABLISHMENT! FRAUD!

The MSNBC conversation was wild though. It was literally verbatim what we've been saying here for a long time.

The first half of his speech, though annoying was fine. Where he fucked up is screaming about keep going. I get that he said he was going for his issues, and that's fine. But he's got to land this fucking thing. It's just ridiculous.

pigeon

Banned

I'm actually really annoyed by this constant refrain that provisional ballots don't count.

The entire point of provisional ballots is that they are counted, but need additional verification. You can literally look online to see if your ballot was counted or not.

Telling people that provisional ballots will just be thrown away is frankly antidemocratic.

Suikoguy

The first half of his speech, though annoying was fine. Where he fucked up is screaming about keep going. I get that he said he was going for his issues, and that's fine. But he's got to land this fucking thing. It's just ridiculous.

Beyond that, what's wrong with saying "We will see what options we have left"

Wow the difference between what Clinton said about Sanders and her crowd that cheered him and the Sanders' lack of anything regarding the historic night and positive things about Clinton and his crowd booing her.

Night and Day....

One is class one is garbage.

You guys are letting the bitter old man ruin the good feels of the night.

Don't!

Agreed. Bernie is Bernie. I don't have to respect his non-response to the booing (or a lot of what he does) but ultimately he's laying the groundwork to exit, he's just going to be, well, him about it. What's more important is what a historic night this is.

MSNBC: Hillary Clinton made history tonight being the first woman nominee and we're here talking about Bernie Sanders... he's stealing focus (something to that effect)

Brutal.

MSNBC basically acknowledging the patriarchy there

Cross posting but I am curious what his actual concession speech will be like. Clinton endorsed Obama to cheers and applause in 2008. She was quite fantastic in that speech.

I have doubts that will be replicated.

And then they get disillusioned and get out of politics.

That's what Bernies revolution is going to lead too. Just like McGovern's loss lead to the death of the left until Obama (Clinton was the start but I don't count his when as lead by liberals)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom