• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT6| Delete your accounts

Status
Not open for further replies.

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks
I guess California is sending message that the country belongs to handful of billionaires. Great going, Cali.

lol

Darrell Issa only winning his primary 52-44 so far. If that holds, there's a chance in the GE the same challenger can defeat him?

There are more Dems in a GE and if Trump is going to be slaughtered...

Oh god I'd love to remove Issa from the House.

that would be great...

Crocodile

I dunno why but the optics of a bunch of non-Black people on MSNBC saying Trump could split the Black vote with his economic message is hilarious to me :p

Maledict

So, in a pivot away from Bernies insanity, and as a filthy Euro whose only just woken up. Is Clinton significantly over-performing in California? From my read of it it looks like she is, and and I find it hard to see how Bernie makes up that vote difference given the amount left in the field to count.

I dunno why but the optics of a bunch of non-Black people on MSNBC saying Trump could split the Black vote with his economic message is hilarious to me :p

He could get some AA youth/men but at this point he needs more to make up for Latinos and Hillary's bump in support down the road.

Hillary's polling better than Obama did with black voters because black people fucking hate trump more than any other minority group.

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
Darrell Issa only winning his primary 52-44 so far. If that holds, there's a chance in the GE the same challenger can defeat him?

There are more Dems in a GE and if Trump is going to be slaughtered...

Oh god I'd love to remove Issa from the House.

I don't think there's been much correlation between closely contested primaries and general election results in the last few elections. Things seem too polarized for a protest votes/non-votes to be a thing in large numbers.

kess

Oh I absolutely love how Gilmore just multiplied his vote total over a thousand times in California yet still came in dead last.

Gilmore was the Japanese Xbox One of presidential candidates

I don't think there's been much correlation between closely contested primaries and general election results in recent history. Things seem too polarized for a protest votes/non-votes to be a thing in large numbers.

California is different. There is no party primary, just a primary. Top 2 go to a GE runoff. Some districts have 2 democrats. Our Senate race is going to be between Kamala Harris and Loretta Sanchez, two democrats. The GOP guy came in 3rd and won't be in the GE.

If Issa gets just 52% of the vote in a primary, that's a bad sign. Quite a few GOPers in 2012 who won their primary lost their GE race to the same opponent. At 52% with a favorable primary (GOPers vote at a higher rate) in a Presidential GE with Trump on the ballot and the election could be declared over and likely known to be over, he could be doomed. Issa's opponent in the GE is the same as the Primary, only there won't be that 3rd/4th Dem or whatever.

We've seen it happen here before. BELIEVE!

Clinton should finish somewhere between 16-18 million votes this Primary, probably a bit shy of her's and Obama;s recording breaking numbers in 08

Sanders will finish about one or two million (maaaaaaaybe 3) above Al Gore's winning numbers in 2000 and Clinton's in 92.

Brinbe

Just getting home from work now. Sad I missed out on everything. Glad to see Queen wreck things in CA. Hold that L, Bernard/Cenk/HA!/S4P and go away forever.

AND BAMS GONNA ENDORSE TODAY, WOOOO!

Kenaras

California is different. There is no party primary, just a primary. Top 2 go to a GE runoff. Some districts have 2 democrats. Our Senate race is going to be between Kamala Harris and Loretta Sanchez, two democrats. The GOP guy came in 3rd and won't be in the GE.

If Issa gets just 52% of the vote in a primary, that's a bad sign. Quite a few GOPers in 2012 who won their primary lost their GE race to the same opponent. At 52% with a favorable primary (GOPers vote at a higher rate) in a Presidential GE with Trump on the ballot and the election could be declared over and likely known to be over, he could be doomed. Issa's opponent in the GE is the same as the Primary, only there won't be that 3rd/4th Dem or whatever.

We've seen it happen here before. BELIEVE!

On election night, seeing Issa voted out of congress would almost make me as happy as watching Clinton crush Trump. I used to live in his district.

sc0la

Unconfirmed Member
R01lKok.jpg

Can't argue against math.
Even her vote margin is bought and paid for by corporations. What won't the sinister scotch tape lobby do?

I'm going to assume everyone went to bed because California is 72% in and Hillary's 400k lead has remain unchanged. And every Bernie county except 1 has finished. And LA is still over half out.

Bernie would need to win the rest by over 70-30 to win. If this were 3 hours ago, I think Cali would be called.

I'm going to assume everyone went to bed because California is 72% in and Hillary's 400k lead has remain unchanged. And every Bernie county except 1 has finished. And LA is still over half out.

Bernie would need to win the rest by over 70-30 to win. If this were 3 hours ago, I think Cali would be called.
I think the remaining vote takes like a week or something.

Risette

A Good Citizen
jeez, I just woke up and saw the updated Cali numbers. Gap is huge.

I expected her to win but not with margins like this.

Holmes

I'm seeing a 10-12% Clinton win in California. Media outlets might be waiting to see if the late mail ballots might be able to make much of a difference, but they won't. California will be called for Clinton early tomorrow, if not by the end of the day.

What an amazing night. I almost don't want it to end. Night everyone.

Wilsongt

Look at all that voter suppression

I guess a mod finally got tired of Huelen's nonsense

I think the remaining vote takes like a week or something.

Final tally, yes. Because if you postmarked the ballot in time, it still counts.

But the vote tally keeps going up so they are still counting. Nearly 75% in. Last time, it was 70% noon the next day, local.

So California is counting faster than before.

Honestly, Hillary's lead is realistically insurmountable. lol @ late polls showing 2% difference. Gonna end up around 8-10 at the worst.

They really should have called it by now. 75% counted makes for 3.8 million total votes. Need 1.9M+ to win. A million votes left. He needs 70% of them which is not happening.

Brinbe

From reading that politico piece and seeing how highly he thinks of himself, I don't think he's gonna back down. But once he gets destroyed in DC, he'll only be screwing himself if he continues on in any way. The media will shit on him for trying to deny Clinton a legit win, the party will go in on him, his more more reasonable supporters will see him for what he is. And he'll be left with only his most passionate supporters propping him up.

So he's a non-threat regardless of anything. It's not worth worrying about anymore, thankfully. It is pretty fucked though that instead of just enjoying this nice decisive and historic night for HRC, we get bogged down once again in placating Sanders' feelings.

Maledict

I just hope he surprises me like Clinton did in 2008. I remember watching her concession speech and being gobsmacked - she did everything Obama could want, she was gracious, she was inspirational, and she delivered her voters to him without a single demand. Like many people after watching it I felt that if she had campaigned like that, the nomination would be hers.

As someone who at the time loathed her, she completely surprised me. Hopefully Bernie will do the same.

I just hope he surprises me like Clinton did in 2008. I remember watching her concession speech and being gobsmacked - she did everything Obama could want, she was gracious, she was inspirational, and she delivered her voters to him without a single demand. Like many people after watching it I felt that if she had campaigned like that, the nomination would be hers.

As someone who at the time loathed her, she completely surprised me. Hopefully Bernie will do the same.
It's so interesting to me reading this. I was on the other side, obviously, and her behavior didn't surprise me at all. I wish she had campaigned differently too. Her team was terrible...but she still almost beat Obama. Having said that, I'm glad she's our nominee this time. She's perfect to run against Trump. She's really with assholes like him her entire life.

danm999

Given the Sanders campaign poured everything they had left into California, the current margins are embarassing.

Honesty he'd have been better off focusing on New Mexico.

Maledict

It's so interesting to me reading this. I was on the other side, obviously, and her behavior didn't surprise me at all. I wish she had campaigned differently too. Her team was terrible...but she still almost beat Obama. Having said that, I'm glad she's our nominee this time. She's perfect to run against Trump. She's really with assholes like him her entire life.

I remain convinced that speech, and then how she went on to serve in the administration and have his back, is a big part of why so, so many Obama supporters are now with her. It's a sad adage in politics that concession speeches often bring out someone's true character, and for her I absolutely think it was true.

I remain convinced that speech, and then how she went on to serve in the administration and have his back, is a big part of why so, so many Obama supporters are now with her. It's a sad adage in politics that concession speeches often bring out someone's true character, and for her I absolutely think it was true.
Forgive me y'all if anything I say doesn't make sense. I had a seizure an hour ago. Still out of it but I can't sleep for some reason.

I agree with you. She's shown that she is gracious in victory and defeat. I don't know that Bernie has it in him.

I think it's cute that Trump is going to try and win a state in November that basically just decided to made the Republican party nonviable for a Senate seat

Edit: You OK Adam?

Hillary will end up around 2200 pledged delegates (I called this two weeks ago, BTW) once Cali is called and accounted for.

Pretty sure over 2200 before D.C.

She got pretty close to securing the nomination without any super delegates.

I think it's cute that Trump is going to try and win a state in November that basically just decided to made the Republican party nonviable for a Senate seat

San Fran had 150k votes or so for Dem Pres Primary while the Repubs had 10k.

I find this hilarious.

Brinbe

This is absolutely true. That's a large reason why I personally support her. I trust Obama's judgement and he thought enough of her to pick her as SoS. And to her credit, she really did surprise me after she lost and how quickly she supported him. The party was united a short time after the nomination battle was over.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=feKBaxLjExE

Can we ever imagine Bernie and Hillary sharing a stage like this? Doesn't seem likely.

3phemeral

I just love the emotion in her face on this. You can see her thinking "All the shit I've gone through and I'm finally here. I've done it!"

FH2gz3

2XExl7

HK-47

Oh, bitch bitch bitch.
You might have to be careful when she wins in November, adam. You should probably lock up all your liquor.

I just love the emotion in her face on this. You can see her thinking "All the shit I've gone through and I'm finally here. I've done it!"

FH2gz3

2XExl7
And she immediately made it about all women, not just her. I love that woman.
Take it easy, we need you around for November and beyond
Aww thanks. No worries. My doctor is just playing with some of my meds. Haven't got it just right yet. Plus my sleep pattern is a mess at the moment. I'll be yasssssssing through November

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom