• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT6| Delete your accounts

Status
Not open for further replies.
I seem to remember a certain white woman doing the same thing on June 3rd, 2008.

Sanders is laying off half his staff according to the NY Times. He'll go to DC as is his right, and likely concede afterwards. It takes a few days to sink in that it's over. Losing isn't fun.

I no longer believe he'll go to the convention.

Yea, on the last day of the 50 state primary, Clinton openly conceded.

Bernie has refused to do so.

Now, I'm sure that Bernie was planning on a California win, but that's out of the picture, his bargaining chips and media narrative is DOA. He'll talk to Clinton, get a concession or two and fuck off back to the Senate. If not, Obama will rip him a new asshole. I expect a full concession by the end of the week

I seem to remember a certain white woman doing the same thing on June 3rd, 2008.

Sanders is laying off half his staff according to the NY Times. He'll go to DC as is his right, and likely concede afterwards. It takes a few days to sink in that it's over. Losing isn't fun.

I no longer believe he'll go to the convention.

I do not think it was fair to expect him to pull out last night, infront of a massive crowd of his most ardent supporters, before all the votes had been counted and before it had sunk in how clearly they had lost California.

But he's going to gain nothing by staying in through DC. He's not going to get a shred more leverage to use at the convention. The contest held in a predominantly black area, that's the very seat of the establishment he has constantly chided? After Clinton has won the majority of pledged delegates and clinched the popular vote? He's going to lose it handily.

So I get why he said he'd be there last night and don't hold that against him. But if he's still in by the end of the week, I'm going to start criticizing him for it.

Ben Ginsberg - "the deal isn't working".

There's a lot of friction in the GOP.

I mean, it's obvious that internally the GOP is scrambling to scrap together a contingency plan if Trump continues down the path of un-endorsements.

They were stupid to not get one together two months ago when Trump was looking to be the presumptive nominee without the convention, god help them now.

3phemeral

I'm so happy for Hillary right now. It's slowly starting to sink her progression to this stage of her career. Her tireless work for her to reach this momentous historical achievement.

JAPykX

I find it more insulting that he had himself introduced as "The Next President of the United States: last night in a State, that like most, ended up not electing him.

I find it more insulting that he had himself introduced as "The Next President of the United States: last night in a State, that like most, ended up not electing him.

I didn't hear that on the CNN feed. That's a pretty hilarious thing to do on the night your opponent wrapped up the majority of the popular vote and the pledged delegate total. The magnifying glass is now firmly on his every move. I don't see him doing to well under it.

I mean, it's obvious that internally the GOP is scrambling to scrap together a contingency plan if Trump continues down the path of un-endorsements.

They were stupid to not get one together two months ago when Trump was looking to be the presumptive nominee without the convention, god help them now.

Part of the problem is conservative pundits are already saying "republican establishment going harder after Trump than they ever did with Obama" nonsense.

There's no unity to try and find an alternative to Trump, so things will stay in limbo.

Yesterday was a disaster for Bernie. It was basically a best case scenario of wins and margins for Hillary. After those results he has no claim at all for Supers to turn to him.

Maledict

Yesterday was a disaster for Bernie. It was basically a best case scenario of wins and margins for Hillary.

He over performed in New Mexico, and had that stood alone it would actually have been a relevant point. But on the same day he lost California by a LOT more than expected based on recent polling, and she won South Dakata as well. That last one is a huge thing on its own but has been swallowed up by everything else. South Dakata is an island of Hillary in a sea of Bernie states now... ;-). He also underperformed in the states he was always going to win by significant amounts.

He got thrashed - it does feel like voters are now backing her just to end this thing.

Farmboy

Clinton's speech really hits home something I've said here before: she's pretty darn good at this. Sure, she's not as gifted at oratory as Obama or her husband, but the comparisons to Kerry, Romney or Gore2000 are completely off base.

Also, the way she's portrayed as an unfeeling, corrupt technocrat who will take any position to win could actually help her, because the contrast with the real Hillary is so stark. Every time she enters the spotlight, people are reminded of her many qualities, as well as the knee jerk nature of the smears against her.

It's why her numbers tend to go way up after events such as the Benghazi hearings and the debates. Should be a big bump coming up.

cogent

Banned
Yea, on the last day of the 50 state primary, Clinton openly conceded.

Bernie has refused to do so.

Now, I'm sure that Bernie was planning on a California win, but that's out of the picture, his bargaining chips and media narrative is DOA. He'll talk to Clinton, get a concession or two and fuck off back to the Senate. If not, Obama will rip him a new asshole. I expect a full concession by the end of the week

DC still gets to vote yo.

Welp my mom is talking about how the AP thing from last night was coordinated and was deliberate to suppressers Sanders supporters turnout.

I can't, I can't, I can't deal with this in real life. I can't live with S4P in the physical realm.

Welp my mom is talking about how the AP thing from last night was coordinated and was deliberate to suppressers Sanders supporters turnout.

I can't, I can't, I can't deal with this in real life. I can't live with S4P in the physical realm.

Ahh, so her excuse is the "revolution" couldn't bother to get out and vote because they were sad/mad, meanwhile Clinton voters still managed to vote despite having no reason to either?

Donald J. Trump ‏@realDonaldTrump 48s49 seconds ago
Nobody is watching @Morning_Joe anymore. Gone off the deep end - bad ratings. You won't believe what I am watching now!

Donald J. Trump ‏@realDonaldTrump 1m1 minute ago
"@JoeDeFranco: Top RINO hack for MSNBC Joey Scarborough on the air and calling the next President Trump a racist and bigot. Shame on you"

LOL, Mika and Joe are still two of the forty people he's following

danm999

Why would Sanders supporters listen to the corporate media anyway? They've been in Hillary's handbag (next to the hot sauce) for years.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
I have to say I'm impressed at the speed at which trump pivoted back to being a shithead on Twitter.

Nobody is watching @Morning_Joe anymore. Gone off the deep end - bad ratings. You won't believe what I am watching now!

"@JoeDeFranco: Top RINO hack for MSNBC Joey Scarborough on the air and calling the next President Trump a racist and bigot. Shame on you"

Back to his usual shit.

As least Mika and Joe can reply once this replay is over.

Ahh, so her excuse is the "revolution" couldn't bother to get out and vote because they were sad/mad, meanwhile Clinton voters still managed to vote despite having no reason to either?

"The supers didn't' vote yet!!!"

"They declared Obama the presumptive nominee eight years ago"

"AP announced it last night!"

"I agree that was stupid, however the Clinton campaign probably didn't want that as it would more likely fuck over her turnout considering she had already clinched the nomination via press."

"AP and Clinton colluded to suppress voter turnout because they already had it pre-planned!"

"Every major news organization already has pre-made announcements or templates for events that are coming down the pipe, just like how they have pre-made graphics and headlines for whoever wins the Superbowl. You only have a limited number of events, Sanders upset causes chaos or Clinton wins."

"MSM declared the nominee, they were always against Sanders they are just in it for money"

"MSM always wants to get the most viewers, how would "Clinton is the nominee Sanders is not" narrative help them for over a year, and did you not watch MSM for the last few months when every contest was a horse race and how the nomination was in questions magically after Trump clinched his?"

I can't reason with her, everything goes back to conspiracy alt-left shit. Monsanto is killing the world and want to control all food supplies. GMO's will give you cancer (smokes two packs a day). The dogs will die if we try and make our lawn not look like shit every year (smokes two packs a day directly in front of the dogs). She constantly contradicts her own reasoning by ignore the real world examples that directly counter what ever argument she is making.

Slayven

I thought Morning Joe was pretty Trump positive?

Maledict

So it now seems to be the gospel truth that supporting free trade is anti-progressive, it makes me sad that no-one will now champion this, and that one of the single biggest factors that has reduced poverty world wide is now reviled by the left.

Doc Holliday

SPOILER: Columbus finds America
I thought Morning Joe was pretty Trump positive?

He was a Jeb Bush guy , but he was one the few republicans who thought trump could win early on.

Btw Chris Christie is getting killed in the polls in jersey, partly because of his Trump support.

Amir0x

Banned
I have to say I'm impressed at the speed at which trump pivoted back to being a shithead on Twitter.

One way or the other, as horrific as a Trump presidency would be, it's impossible to ignore how many "holy shit I can't believe a presidential nominee is saying this" moments we'll have. I can't imagine how much material comedy shows will have for the next few months.

And the debates... dear God help us all.

I doubt Sanders will make it to Philly even if he says he plans to - they're in it 'till the convention until they aren't anymore. It'll probably happen in DC, since he meets with Obama and Reid Thursday. He made it 99% of the way to the convention, it's probably pretty cheap to just cross the finish line for ideological reasons.

He'll concede after he talks to Reid, Obama and the Clinton campaign, since it's obvious he knows it's over.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
SAY

Whatchu wanna say

Let the words fall

OUT

God I am so freaking giddy today! What a night for the queen. And I think they have the line of attack on trump ready while he goes after whitewater.

Diablos

Where is this politico article? Also Robert Costa is legit, so if Sanders still isn't conceding anything heading into a meeting with Obama and Reid then we might be in for some convention drama.

For fucks sake. He lost. Hillary made history but noooo, Sanders continues his "me too" campaign when it now is entirely counterproductive to do so. This man is hurting the party and Democrats need to be united heading into the convention.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom