• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT6| Delete your accounts

Status
Not open for further replies.
Guys my facebook is garbage today.

Where is that link breaking down the "Clinton lying for 13" minutes video?

Delete everyone that is making your facebook garbage. I just got back on after a long time away and it's actually a cool site without a bunch of asshole friends. :)

https://berniesanders.com/press-release/the-struggle-continues/

Is this news? IS this real? Is this even the place for this

This is Sparta! GerardButerlerkickingBerniedownawell.gif

I honestly think that if Bernie had won California it would have been easier for him to drop out. It would have been a validation, of sorts, for his campaign. He got curb stomped. There was no quarter for him. Obviously, DC is going to be even worse. Now he's going to go out having lost the state he, literally, threw everything he had at. He's broke. He's leaking support. He's lost a fuck ton of good will.

He'll be fine. He'll ultimately be in a much more influential position going forward in the Senate, particularly if they take it back.

And I doubt he ran himself into as deep a hole as Clinton did 8 years ago. He has been winding down his campaign for months staffing-wise.

"Berniecrat" is an incredibly dumb name going around lately. They really couldn't come up with anything better than that? Whoever came up with that first should've gotten shut down, but no.

Guys.

The California Senate GE is going to have 2 Democrats and 0 Republicans.

Because we voted it that way.

But Trump is going to spend money to win California.

This is real life. It's happening.

Separate note on Darrell Issa. He won his district 51-45.5-3.5

That 3.5 was a pro-pot student running.

It's basically a 51-49 with a smaller electorate. Like...I don't want to get giddy, but it really does look like Issa could lose in the GE with a bigger electorate. I hope the DNC pours money into that seat.

mo60

Guys.

Separate note on Darrell Issa. He won his district 51-45.5-3.5

That 3.5 was a pro-pot student running.

It's basically a 51-49 with a smaller electorate. Like...I don't want to get giddy, but it really does look like Issa could lose in the GE with a bigger electorate. I hope the DNC pours money into that seat.

Trump's going to lose California like 63%+-32%+. I don't think he should try to campaign there.

Also, HA Goodman is still having a meltdown.

ampere

https://berniesanders.com/press-release/the-struggle-continues/

Is this news? IS this real? Is this even the place for this

A) His campaign is run very poorly

B) He's going to stay on this message until the day he drops out (probably next Tuesday night)

Just kinda have to not let it get it you. He's a stubborn old man and he thinks HE deserves more respect.

Guys.

No analytics, spending a lot of time campaigning in California and New York

This is truly the best.

Drakeon

Trump's going to lose California like 63%-32%+. I don't think he should try to campaign there.

Well, I doubt anyone in the RNC would advise him to campaign there either, as they can at the very least look at the math and conclude the same thing everyone else already knows: California is solidly blue. Trump has pledged to campaign there(as of now), whether he smartens up or decides to just burn some money/time in CA is yet to be seen.

Photoshop gurus, this could your new avatar:

2016-06-08-cnn-nd-hillary_clinton.jpg

Trump's going to lose California like 63%-32%+. I don't think he should try to campaign there.

of course he shouldnt but he plans on it. And Trumps the kind of guy who doesnt like being told what to do so he will do it anyway despite being advised not to.

PRINCE HARRY IS SPEAKING SO YOU ALL BETTER LISTEN

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry...be-vice-president_us_57585f3ae4b0e39a28ac3c87

WASHINGTON — Senate Minority Leader Harry Reid (D-Nev.) believes Elizabeth Warren should be the running mate of presumptive Democratic presidential nominee Hillary Clinton, according to four Senate sources familiar with Reid’s thinking.

Reid had initially been skeptical of the chatter around Warren, publicly warning that Democrats couldn’t afford to lose the seat the Massachusetts senator currently occupies. But The Boston Globe reported last week that he tasked attorney Marc Elias with studying how manageable the loss would be. Elias is, not coincidentally, the general counsel for Clinton’s campaign.

As Reid has examined the issue in recent weeks, he has grown confident the Democrats could hold onto Warren’s Senate seat and retake the upper chamber, according to sources. He also believes they could even put the House in play for Democrats, the sources said.

of course he shouldnt but he plans on it. And Trumps the kind of guy who doesnt like being told what to do so he will do it anyway despite being advised not to.

Honestly, Dems should goad him into California.

Just taunt him and say he has no shot here. He'd be crushed. Say he's going to leave California with his tail between his legs and wouldn't DARE campaign in the state.

If you attack his ego, he goes insane. He'll spend so much money here and it will be glorious.

Neo asked if I cried last night?

Ya.

I cried with the video, seeing the struggle that women have gone through to just be treated with the absurd notion that they're people. I cried when the video mentioned the fight trans women are going through EVERY SINGLE DAY just to use the fucking bathroom of their choice.

I cried when she stood there, on stage, eight years after getting so damn close. I cried because she earned it, through blood, sweat and tears. No one handed her shit. She worked for it. I cried when she thanked Bernie and his supporters (as self serving as it may be) she reaffirmed that she has more class and grace in her pinkie finger than he has in his entire body.

I cried when my mom teared up. She never thought a woman would be nominated, especially after 2008. I cried thinking about how much my dad wanted to vote for her, but she was finally going to get to run...hopefully like a girl.

I cried when my 93 year old neighbor, an African American woman, knocked on my door to ask if we heard Hillary won. This is the woman my mom personally took to the polls on primary day to make sure she could vote. I cried when the two of them hugged each other and when she said she never, ever thought a Black man and a woman would be given the opportunity to run for the highest office in the country.

I cried because she won through a multicolored, quiltbag of people. Her coalition is women, African American, Latinos, LGBT people, progressives, liberals, rich and poor. It's about bridges not walls. It's made up of people who have said fuck you to Islamaphobia, racism, sexism, homophobia and every other invention small minds can come up with.

And I kinda got happy because I realized Trump has no fucking idea what is about to be unleashed on him. She is the perfect person to run against an asshole like Trump. She's dealt with men like him her entire life. Small brains, small hands, big egos and even bigger mouths. And she will own his soul.

And then...today, it just hit me that after this moment, there will never be another girl who wakes up in this country and thinks she can't be President. Because she can! She can run like a girl, fight like a girl and win like a girl.

And it was because of us, the Democratic party, that it happened.

This is beautiful. :)

Just taunt him and say he has no shot here. He'd be crushed. Say he's going to leave California with his tail between his legs and wouldn't DARE campaign in the state.

If you attack his ego, he goes insane. He'll spend so much money here and it will be glorious.

Yup, I also wonder how he would react to Clinton campaigning in places like Missouri or Georgia. Will he write them off as solid Republican states? or would he campaign there to? If he writes them off that leaves a huge opening for Democrats.

Drakeon

This all boils down to: everyone told him he couldn't win the primary and they were wrong. So now he believes he can win other places where they tell him he can't also, see: NY, California.

I think he's more calculated than that. He has to be since he outmaneuvered Jebs and Rubios. He is willing to campaign in Cali and NY (states with large Latino and African American communities) in order to incite protests and stay in the news. If the protests turn violent its even better for him so he can play the victim card and polarize more voters (especially the white working class who are his biggest supporters). Its his step up from saying bombastic shit during the primaries.

I think he's more calculated than that. He has to be since he outmaneuvered Jebs and Rubios. He is willing to campaign in Cali and NY (states with large Latino and African American communities) in order to incite protests and stay in the news. If the protests turn violent its even better for him so he can play the victim card and polarize more voters (especially the white working class who are his biggest supporters). Its his step up from saying bombastic shit during the primaries.

He's not calculated. He's a know-nothing surrounded by yes-men his whole life who thinks his shit smells like roses because he's been told as much.

Nothing about his life is real.

He's going to do stupid things. He only won the GOP nom over supposed "smarter" guys than Jeb and Rubio (who both ran just awful campaigns) because the GOP is the stupid party (to quote Jindal). If you're going to win the stupid party, you better be fucking stupid.

Neo asked if I cried last night?

Ya.

I cried with the video, seeing the struggle that women have gone through to just be treated with the absurd notion that they're people. I cried when the video mentioned the fight trans women are going through EVERY SINGLE DAY just to use the fucking bathroom of their choice.

I cried when she stood there, on stage, eight years after getting so damn close. I cried because she earned it, through blood, sweat and tears. No one handed her shit. She worked for it. I cried when she thanked Bernie and his supporters (as self serving as it may be) she reaffirmed that she has more class and grace in her pinkie finger than he has in his entire body.

I cried when my mom teared up. She never thought a woman would be nominated, especially after 2008. I cried thinking about how much my dad wanted to vote for her, but she was finally going to get to run...hopefully like a girl.

I cried when my 93 year old neighbor, an African American woman, knocked on my door to ask if we heard Hillary won. This is the woman my mom personally took to the polls on primary day to make sure she could vote. I cried when the two of them hugged each other and when she said she never, ever thought a Black man and a woman would be given the opportunity to run for the highest office in the country.

I cried because she won through a multicolored, quiltbag of people. Her coalition is women, African American, Latinos, LGBT people, progressives, liberals, rich and poor. It's about bridges not walls. It's made up of people who have said fuck you to Islamaphobia, racism, sexism, homophobia and every other invention small minds can come up with.

And I kinda got happy because I realized Trump has no fucking idea what is about to be unleashed on him. She is the perfect person to run against an asshole like Trump. She's dealt with men like him her entire life. Small brains, small hands, big egos and even bigger mouths. And she will own his soul.

And then...today, it just hit me that after this moment, there will never be another girl who wakes up in this country and thinks she can't be President. Because she can! She can run like a girl, fight like a girl and win like a girl.

whoa! This is awesome. Well said.

glad I un-ignored you several months ago lol

Drakeon

Nah, you're giving Trump too much credit. He simply is not as calculating as you are making him out to be. Black Mamba is dead on, dude won based solely on his personality, he didn't outmaneuver shit, his rhetoric and bluster just happened to be exactly what the base wanted.

Zornack

He's a xenophobic bully, which just so happens to be what the Republican primary voters wanted.

Everyone else tried to be a super christian Reagan worshiper. The voters have had that before and are bored of it.

mo60

Yup, I also wonder how he would react to Clinton campaigning in places like Missouri or Georgia. Will he write them off as solid Republican states? or would he campaign there to? If he writes them off that leaves a huge opening for Democrats.

I don't think his camapign will be dumb enough to do that.

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
So it's after the 7th. Time for the Sanders campaign to release its May fundraising numbers, right? Unless I've missed it, we're still waiting.

Kaine to me seems like ''too safe'' of a pick IMO.

With Trump as an opponent, Hillary should be free to pick anybody she wants to. Doesn't need to resort to going ''safe''

Warren knows how to troll Trump on one side while having big favorable among the Left to appease the Sanders stragglers

It really is a fantastic piece. Honestly, there's a great book in that image if Hillary ever decided she wanted to give it a shot. The story of her mom, punctuated with an imagined conversation on that train ride, could be a pretty moving piece of writing.

EDIT: Seriously, born on the fourth of July, the day women get the right to vote, a young girl grows up in the midst of a depression, in a family where no one wants her, eventually creating one of her own and raising a daughter that would later grow up to be first lady, a Senator from NY, the Secretary of State and eventually the first woman to become president of the United States. That shit is gold.
You think The Man From Hope was inspirational? I can't wait to see what they do with this story.

It's up to Hillary to win the GE and if she some how lost it, its probably the biggest failure of any candidate in history. After all, she was the most electable, right?
Is Ralph Nader rightfully remembered as a consumer-rights crusader who has literally saved millions of lives? His epitaph gets to have the words "President George W. Bush" in the first line.

Great post, adam.

And I really think it's fine if the only reason a Democrat votes for Clinton is because she is a woman. Because it's time, and I don't want Republicans to claim for the next 200 years that, say, Nikki Haley was the first woman who was qualified to be president.

gaugebozo

Remember when Obama's pastor was too radical? Def a card carrying evil Muslim.
The way the Right talks about Muslims reminds me of the movie This Is The End, when Seth Rogan is talking about gluten like it's anything that's bad.

"Muslim is a vague term. It’s something that’s used to categorize things that are bad. You know, calories, that’s a Muslim. Fat, that’s a Muslim."

Slacker

Kaine to me seems like ''too safe'' of a pick IMO.

With Trump as an opponent, Hillary should be free to pick anybody she wants to. Doesn't need to resort to going ''safe''

Warren knows how to troll Trump on one side while having big favorable among the Left to appease the Sanders stragglers

I love Warren but I don't see it happening. And I firmly believe that anyone Bernie supporter foolish enough to vote for Trump over Hillary will never be swayed no matter who the VP pick is. Hell, they'd probably still be pissed if the pick was Bernie himself.

And Warren can be plenty effective picking fights with Trump from where she is. A smarter candidate wouldn't dignify her shots with a response. Fortunately Trump isn't a smarter candidate.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom