• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT6| Delete your accounts

Status
Not open for further replies.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Meanwhile, at Clinton Headquarters:

iVxTxma.jpg

What did that cost, $30?

Holmes

I just read on S4P that around a million+ ballots (provisionals and other mail ins) have yet to be counted

retroactive momentum?
Those ballots would be for both the Democratic and Republican primaries though (and I guess the Green and Libertarian primaries.......), so it might be something like 600k-ish votes in the Democratic primary to count. I sincerely doubt it'll move the margins much. I think the election day vote was the least favorable for Clinton, and she tied it. Obviously the later mail-in votes won't be as great for Clinton as the earlier main-in vote was, but I don't see that 430k vote margin getting worse for her in the end.

Speaking of California, I was very surprised by the results. Pleasantly surprised. I should have expected it from the Washington primary results, but I guess I took those Clinton +2 polls a little too seriously. I should've known better. Proud of my home county of Napa for being Clinton's fourth best county! I'm really proud that the Bay Area went so heavily for Clinton, and that total sweep of SoCal was nice to see (I thought Sanders would take Santa Barbara and San Luis Obispo). She was stronger in Sacramento and its suburbs (Placer county) than I thought, and she even took Yolo county, home of UC Davis and nothing much else. Very impressive win there. Far Northern California was a good place for Sanders, expected, it's kind of an extension of Oregon + weed + white working class. Clinton performed very well among minorities in California, and the affluent (she's above 60% in Santa Clara, for instance). My husband's home of Santa Cruz went to Sanders, unsurprisingly. I was there over the weekend, Bernie signs everywhere. Alameda was actually closer than I thought it would be. Clinton won Oakland but I guess Berkeley came in really strong for Sanders. Was there a couple of weeks ago too, Bernie signs everywhere.

Well, it's over. Clinton won California. I can now carry that over my Sanders-voting family's heads for the rest of my life.

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
I am straight he is super attractive. Like a movie president lol. I think he has enough experience to be president right now so I definitely think he has enough to be to be vp.

Yeah, I agree he is qualified enough.
Elected position experience is not a must have for VP.
Experience working within the wonderful bureaucratic system is.

Frankly, I think given the world as it is, SoS is about the biggest bonus a President can have on his/her resume.

His biggest issue is lack of experience outside the military.

"It was a healthy thing for the Democratic Party to have a contested primary. And I thought Bernie Sanders brought enormous energy and his new ideas and he pushed the party and challenged them. I thought it made Hillary a better candidate," Obama said during a taping of NBC's "Tonight Show." ''My hope is that over the next couple of weeks we're able to pull things together. "

Obama's impending endorsement for Clinton seemed like a fait accompli, as the president traveled to New York for Democratic Party fundraisers. Though the White House kept mum about the timing, all signs pointed to Obama endorsing Clinton on Thursday after the president meets with Sanders in the Oval Office.

http://hosted.ap.org/dynamic/storie...ME&TEMPLATE=DEFAULT&CTIME=2016-06-08-20-04-51

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery
Forgetting Hillary's personal qualities for a sec, what's the more difficult task? Becoming the first black president or the first woman president?

Trouble

Banned
Forgetting Hillary's personal qualities for a sec, what's the more difficult task? Becoming the first black president or the first woman president?

I feel like the answer is black and the only reason we had a black president before a woman is that Bams is so goddamned charismatic.

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
I feel like the answer is black and the only reason we had a black president before a woman is that Bams is so goddamned charismatic.

Plus coming off the heels of 8 years of bush helped too.

Hillary got gifted with a Dumpster Fire so she will have help too.

Considering I literally heard people in 2008 say to me "He might be black, but at least he's not a woman" while canvassing...I'ma go with woman, but it's basically a draw. I feel like the act of having a penis makes *some* things a lot easier. I cannot imagine a woman with Obama's resume in 2008 being the nominee. I just can't. (I'm not knocking Obama, because I love the man!)

royalan

In my opinion, becoming the first woman President. Easily.

Don't get me wrong, Obama's had to deal with a a lot of dog whistle (and often blatant) racism. I hate to say one is easier than the other. But Obama still had the benefit of being a male navigating a traditionally male space. Whereas we as a society have so many avenues by which we consciously and subconsciously marginalize woman and apply a dual standard to how they're allowed to behave, that it has definitely had an effect on how Hillary's been able to campaign.

Neo asked if I cried last night?

Ya.

I cried with the video, seeing the struggle that women have gone through to just be treated with the absurd notion that they're people. I cried when the video mentioned the fight trans women are going through EVERY SINGLE DAY just to use the fucking bathroom of their choice.

I cried when she stood there, on stage, eight years after getting so damn close. I cried because she earned it, through blood, sweat and tears. No one handed her shit. She worked for it. I cried when she thanked Bernie and his supporters (as self serving as it may be) she reaffirmed that she has more class and grace in her pinkie finger than he has in his entire body.

I cried when my mom teared up. She never thought a woman would be nominated, especially after 2008. I cried thinking about how much my dad wanted to vote for her, but she was finally going to get to run...hopefully like a girl.

I cried when my 93 year old neighbor, an African American woman, knocked on my door to ask if we heard Hillary won. This is the woman my mom personally took to the polls on primary day to make sure she could vote. I cried when the two of them hugged each other and when she said she never, ever thought a Black man and a woman would be given the opportunity to run for the highest office in the country.

I cried because she won through a multicolored, quiltbag of people. Her coalition is women, African American, Latinos, LGBT people, progressives, liberals, rich and poor. It's about bridges not walls. It's made up of people who have said fuck you to Islamaphobia, racism, sexism, homophobia and every other invention small minds can come up with.

And I kinda got happy because I realized Trump has no fucking idea what is about to be unleashed on him. She is the perfect person to run against an asshole like Trump. She's dealt with men like him her entire life. Small brains, small hands, big egos and even bigger mouths. And she will own his soul.

And then...today, it just hit me that after this moment, there will never be another girl who wakes up in this country and thinks she can't be President. Because she can! She can run like a girl, fight like a girl and win like a girl.

And it was because of us, the Democratic party, that it happened.

I love you Adam <3

Seriously, you're an inspiring person around here.

itschris

If you look at the numbers correctly, Bernie is really the winner:

(1) Bernie won 22 states, which is more than any second place finisher in Democratic Party history (and more than any Republican except Reagan in 1976). That should be enough to keep him in the race through the convention.

(2) The delegate math might favor Hillary, but the state math favors Bernie. Excluding the 8 virtual ties (within 1% of the vote or 1 delegate), Bernie has won more states than Hillary: 22 to her 20. He's also won more states by landslide margins (greater than 10%): 20 to her 18. No candidate in any party has ever won the most landslide victories and gone on to lose the nomination.

(3) The 8 virtual ties – states tied within or 1% of the vote or 1 delegate (excluding contests with a tiny number of delegates, like Guam) – are the most in the primary history of any party. It’s suspicious that the record-breaking 8 virtual ties were ALL “won” by Hillary. That 0.4%-chance occurrence points to fraud. Even if Bernie only won half of those states and NONE of the other fishy contests with larger margins, he would have won more states than Hillary.

(4) The estimated number of provisional ballot voters, purged voters, and caucus participants (which the media conveniently likes to forget) across all states is in the millions. If Bernie won most of those, he would have easily taken the popular vote. And statistical analyses show that if all the states had same-day registration or had been open to independents or both, Bernie would have won in a landslide.

The people have spoken, and we want President Sanders. As long as we continue speaking, this is not over; do not let the media or anyone else convince you otherwise. Together, we are unstoppable.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
Dullard cannot replace Dumbie Washedupman Schill now. I dunno who it should be but Dullard is sinking haself.

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
Don't want to lose a senator.

Pick Eric Fanning, goddamnit! https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eric_Fanning

Current Secretary of the Army

Former:

Under Secretary of the Army
Chief of Staff to the Secretary of Defense
Secretary of the Air Force
Under Secretary of the Air Force
Deputy Under Secretary of the Navy

Plus he's gay! Make history twice in one presidency, Hillary.

Plus plus just look at the guy.

As long as we're talking people that have no chance, I want to see Ernest Moniz be VP, just to have someone that's hard to ignore or argue with about the huge significance of climate change.

Having a really smart scientist and good politician to vote for is very appealing to me, and Moniz is both.

There doesn't seem to be much word on Clinton meeting Obama this week. Am I the only one who finds the optics of the sitting President meeting with the losing candidate at the WH before endorsing the presumptive nominee in her absence strange.
Bernie is like the Buzz Aldrin of candidates.
Second comes right after first.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
There doesn't seem to be much word on Clinton meeting Obama this week. Am I the only one who finds the optics of the sitting President meeting with the losing candidate at the WH before endorsing the presumptive nominee in her absence strange.

Yes, she should be meeting with Sanders and Obama.

Emarv

Confession time:

I was a religious conservative in 2008 (not fanatical or anything.) I remember when Obama won the White House, I felt genuine emotion and joy despite my young political beliefs (I mainly was against his inexperience). I turned to my friend with real joy at America's progress and he and his mother just started saying "Yeah, but he's half-white though. He's not really black". I winced.

That helped sow the seeds for my eventual change. I see the same thing happening with the "First female? Nah, not a big deal" comments, and it still bothers me and reminds me of that moment.

I'm so glad I changed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom