• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT6| Delete your accounts

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know why they continue to have Lord on, to be honest. Having him in a panel goes beyond providing fair and contradictory view points. Van said it best in this exchange, there's just no way to logically follow Lord's points. He's purely there to antagonize in a way that even CNN should be above providing a platform for. I mean, when Gloria is jumping in on the pile on (she usually stays quiet during these confrontations) then you know it's gone a bit far.

Even Kayleigh McEnany, as diehard a Trump supporter as she is, tries to make some sense in her arguments and will even occasionally admit when Trump is going too far.
Where can I watch this Jeffrey lord mess?

Edit: Ah nvm. Its on the last page

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
btw, I thought S.E. Cupp was an event in Mario Kart?

johnsmith

remember me
btw, I thought S.E. Cupp was an event in Mario Kart?

No, it's what toddlers drink from

cGPXcui.jpg

Paskil

Wait, Eric Cantor's pollster? How accurate was he? If he predicted a Cantor win, he should be toxic, heh. That Jeffrey Lord segment was beautiful to watch unfold, live. My god, dude was dragged for days. I would love to be at the first appearance with Obama and Clinton on the trail. :(

Wait a damn minute, Hope Hicks is 27 years old? Trump's Communications Director, who does all of the work without a staff is 27? One of the 4 people who are working on Trump's campaign is 27? Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat?

johnsmith

remember me
Wait a damn minute, Hope Hicks is 27 years old? Trump's Communications Director, who does all of the work without a staff is 27? One of the 4 people who are working on Trump's campaign is 27? Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat?

One of the guys who wrote his big foreign policy speech a few months ago was like in his early 20s and had the Model UN on his resume.

kess

The one of the guys who wrote his big foreign policy speech a few months ago was like in his early 20s and had the Model UN on his resume.

I wonder if we'll be reading about these people being involved in political ratfucking schemes 40 years from now... but then again, this campaign seems pretty incompetent compared to Nixon so far.

pigeon

Banned
I wonder if we'll be reading about these people being involved in political ratfucking schemes 40 years from now... but then again, this campaign seems pretty incompetent compared to Nixon so far.

Like anybody who works on Trump's campaign will ever have another job in politics. You can't even spill the beans to Politico to save yourself because everybody knew in advance that it was a clown fiesta and you chose to work there anyway.

danm999

I am 27 and feel I could do a better job, but then again I wouldn't want to be a racist's advocate!

Makai

It makes sense because Trump's primary mode of communication is Twitter.

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
Nina Turner on Maddow saying so many words yet meaning nothing.

digdug2k

My actual, genuine hope is that a lot of the people who are still in "there's nobody like him, he's the only genuine and uncorrupt candidate to ever win" mode with Sanders actually do come to realize how ultimately flawed he was, and how flawed his platform was in its simplicity and reduction.
Maybe I'm becoming naive in my old age again, but I really just hope they don't get stuck in this "everyone is corrupt" thing forever. I tend to believe that there are more than a few good people in Washington. Some of them are dumb (really really fucking dumb), and some of them I just don't agree with on anything. But a lot of them do what they do because they really believe it will help people.

I guess haven't really bought into the whole "money has destroyed politics" messaging for the past couple elections. Citizens United seems like an awful decision, but I don't think reversing will massively change elections. I mean Bernie's campaign itself has shown that spending more doesn't really guarantee you a win.

But also there are some corrupt evil assholes in Washington.

Just got my check from Correct the Record

You only got $8 million? Should have offered to body check people going into polling places. It was hard because I wasn't always sure who I was supposed to deny entry, you know? Like, there was this one woman. She was in her 70s so I thought she was safe....but she ended up saying that she would never "eat at this establishment" again. I heard the word, and triggered. I got an extra million for that, brah.

So, I feel so fucking betrayed today. Been listening to the Thom Hartmann show on WCPT820 for years now and just today he had a segment where he declared the ongoing "intervention" in Ukraine is a well measured and reasonable response to "US aggression in Eastern Europe" and "NATO expansionism", mentioning some bullshit that apparently NATO signed an agreement with the 1992 Russian government that NATO would never let any countries east of western Germany join NATO, nor involve themselves in any Eastern European politics. No such fucking agreement ever goddamn existed, even in theory - That is Grade A BULLSHIT.

So I decided to do some research and found out Thom Hartmann has been doing a TV talkshow on Russia Today since 2010, called "The Big Picture".

What the fuck.

Thom, you call yourself a progressive, you have a show on one of the few left wing radio stations in the Chicago area, yet you are a fucking meat-puppet mouthpiece for one of the biggest and most disgusting homophobic right-wing dictators on this planet.

As an ethnic Ukrainian, dear Thom Hartmann, you can go fuck yourself. I'm out. WCPT isn't getting any more ratings from me as long as you're on the air.

EDIT:

He was also a big pro-Bernie guy sooo... Fuck it, fuck Bernie too. Hillary 2016 baby! Where can I sign up for Correct the Record?

Mario

Sidhe / PikPok
I like that all of Hillary's states ended up being contiguous.

I think the "Vagina Voters Party" text on there more than anything else shows great insight into the mentality of the creator and likely some (most?) of the #bernieorbust crowd.

Suikoguy

I think the "Vagina Voters Party" text on there more than anything else shows great insight into the mentality of the creator and likely some (most?) of the #bernieorbust crowd.

Bwhaha, it's satire.
It's amazing that it's that difficult to tell.

User1608

Banned
That reminds me, it's going to fucking suck to see the blatant sexism and misogyny that is going to come up not only here on GAF during the GE but the country at large too. I've already seen a few wonderful coworkers and friends share stupid shit about Hillary's gender yesterday. "Oh a woman can't be president. Just kidding!!!"

Suikoguy

That reminds me, it's going to fucking suck seeing the blatant sexism and misogyny that is going to come up not only here on GAF during the GE but the country at large too. Ive already seen a few wonderful coworkers and friends share stupid shit about Hillary's gender yesterday.

Frankly, I think the level of misogyny is vastly underestimated in this country. Good thing Women are the top voters.

So, I feel so fucking betrayed today. Been listening to the Thom Hartmann show on WCPT820 for years now and just today he had a segment where he declared the ongoing "intervention" in Ukraine is a well measured and reasonable response to "US aggression in Eastern Europe" and "NATO expansionism", mentioning some bullshit that apparently NATO signed an agreement with the 1992 Russian government that NATO would never let any countries east of western Germany join NATO, nor involve themselves in any Eastern European politics. No such fucking agreement ever goddamn existed, even in theory - That is Grade A BULLSHIT.

So I decided to do some research and found out Thom Hartmann has been doing a TV talkshow on Russia Today since 2010, called "The Big Picture".

What the fuck.

Thom, you call yourself a progressive, you have a show on one of the few left wing radio stations in the Chicago area, yet you are a fucking meat-puppet mouthpiece for one of the biggest and most disgusting homophobic right-wing dictators on this planet.

As an ethnic Ukrainian, dear Thom Hartmann, you can go fuck yourself. I'm out. WCPT isn't getting any more ratings from me as long as you're on the air.

You see this stuff often. Like allegedly, some left-wing groups in the EU supports Russia because they are against the EU. People who don't like the fact the US gets involved in world affairs, sees it as harming the world, most likely to be on the isolationist side. At the same time they will support nations who can be objectively worse than the US government in a number of ways and is a country that is the antithesis of their own ideology in combating against what they see has imperialism by the US. I think those types of people either don't care about the country they support ideology leanings or the country's ambitions. As long as it is against the goals of the country they don't like I guess it is good for them.

It is odd though that stuff like that comes from people that leans to the left. Actually, it seems like the left is sometimes uninterested in world affairs, but at the same time seems to want the world to be peaceful. Many people are often offended by atrocities by terror groups, but have little solutions to these problems besides some veiled form of paternal and benevolent racism .

What the fuck.

EDIT:

He was also a big pro-Bernie guy sooo... Fuck it, fuck Bernie too. Hillary 2016 baby! Where can I sign up for Correct the Record?
I've been listening to Thom for years, for probably a decade now. Bernie was a regular on fridays Brunch with Bernie segment. His stump speech is a rehash of all the stuff he said on Thom hartmann show. Anyways, even though he's smart and talented, he holds kooky beliefs. He's into alternate medicine, totally against GMO and that Russia bit you mentioned. It's sad because he's so knowlegeble in other areas.

Suikoguy

You see this stuff often. Like allegedly, some left-wing groups in the EU supports Russia because they are against the EU. People who don't like the fact the US gets involved in world affairs, sees it as harming the world, most likely to be on the isolationist side. At the same time they will support nations who can be objectively worse than the US government in a number of ways and is a country that is the antithesis of their own ideology in combating against what they see has imperialism by the US. I think those types of people either don't care about the country they support ideology leanings or the country's ambitions. As long as it is against the goals of the country they don't like I guess it is good for them.

It is odd though that stuff like that comes from people that leans to the left. Actually, it seems like the left is sometimes uninterested in world affairs, but at the same time seems to want the world to be peaceful. Many people are often offended by atrocities by terror groups, but have little solutions to these problems besides some veiled form of paternal and benevolent racism .

Hey, quit talking about Glenn Greenwald.

Maengun1

I guess we're still not TECHNICALLY out of the primary season yet with DC coming up, but like...people are STILL talking about fantasies involving Bernie winning somehow everywhere I look?? I know it's mostly loudmouths on the internet (although I also just watched that Nina Turner Maddow interview yeeeeesh. Like, Rachel was so tentative and apologetic to her when talking about how HE CAN'T EFFING WIN), but I find this all to be so flabbergasting and disappointing. I mean, it's insane.

I think the last time I was truly crushed by a political outcome was Bush winning '04, and like, after that happened I just immediately went into thinking about how to help the dems in the '06 midterms. I didn't stick my fingers in my ears and think "Actually, Kerry won because I wanted him to! LALALALALALALALA"

It really feels like we're getting collectively dumber every year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom