• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT6| Delete your accounts

Status
Not open for further replies.
TYT has a polling video on whether or not Sanders supporters will vote for Hill:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A5pYdQlwM-A

Poll results are massively skewed towards their audience.

You know what gets me? When someone makes the argument "Bernie's people won't vote for Hillary so, therefore, Bernie should be the nominee."

How about no, Scott. I learned not to threaten to hold my breath until I got what I wanted when I was 3. Mainly because, had I tried, my mom would have let me pass out. It's just so childish...and it's grown people who are talking about it. Ugh.

kess

So, I feel so fucking betrayed today. Been listening to the Thom Hartmann show on WCPT820 for years now and just today he had a segment where he declared the ongoing "intervention" in Ukraine is a well measured and reasonable response to "US aggression in Eastern Europe" and "NATO expansionism", mentioning some bullshit that apparently NATO signed an agreement with the 1992 Russian government that NATO would never let any countries east of western Germany join NATO, nor involve themselves in any Eastern European politics. No such fucking agreement ever goddamn existed, even in theory - That is Grade A BULLSHIT.

So I decided to do some research and found out Thom Hartmann has been doing a TV talkshow on Russia Today since 2010, called "The Big Picture".

What the fuck.

Thom, you call yourself a progressive, you have a show on one of the few left wing radio stations in the Chicago area, yet you are a fucking meat-puppet mouthpiece for one of the biggest and most disgusting homophobic right-wing dictators on this planet.

As an ethnic Ukrainian, dear Thom Hartmann, you can go fuck yourself. I'm out. WCPT isn't getting any more ratings from me as long as you're on the air.

EDIT:

He was also a big pro-Bernie guy sooo... Fuck it, fuck Bernie too. Hillary 2016 baby! Where can I sign up for Correct the Record?

Just this month the LA Times ran an op-ed with this stupid theory, which gets run ad nauseam through pro-Russian media channels like it's the new Stab in the Back theory, despite there being no official correspondence or memoranda to verify it. Any agreement to that effect would be blatantly coercive on it's face, and I wonder why more leftists and supposed anti-imperalists haven't called Russia out on that. Sanders's campaign strategist Ted Devine was a consultant for Yanukovych, which you probably already knew about.

Google Robert Bridge if you want to see the convergence where anti-capitalism and virulent homophobia collide.

kirblar

You know what gets me? When someone makes the argument "Bernie's people won't vote for Hillary so, therefore, Bernie should be the nominee."

How about no, Scott. I learned not to threaten to hold my breath until I got what I wanted when I was 3. Mainly because, had I tried, my mom would have let me pass out. It's just so childish...and it's grown people who are talking about it. Ugh.
Got this RTed on my timeline, and it seems to sum up the situation pretty well given the polling data we're seeing:

CkcMsBwVEAAQ62p.jpg

johnsmith

remember me
Fuck Veep is so good.

"No no no! I can't identify myself as a woman! People can't know that! Men hate that. And women who hate women hate that, which I believe is most women."

Holmes

Been reading a lot of "how is it not even close in California?" posts from last night. Despite what people believe, the driving force in this primary has not been ideology. Yes, Sanders did win the more "hippie"/liberal places like Santa Cruz, CA and Madison, WI, for example. The 2016 Democratic primary was determined by three factors: race, age, and income. More specifically, it was a combination of these factors, but generally: 1) the more racially diverse a particular area, the higher share of the vote Clinton received, and the more white the area is, the higher share of the vote Sanders received; 2) the older the electorate, the higher Clinton's support was, and the younger the electorate was, the high Sander's support was; 3) Clinton received more support from affluent and lower income voters, and Sanders received more support among middle class voters.

That explanation is pretty basic, and like I said, it's more of a combination of factors. For example, lower income voters did support Clinton more than Sanders, but mostly because minority voters, who are more lower income than usual, supported her by such high margins. When looking at lower income white voters (generally located in more rural areas outside of large population centers), Sanders get more support (see: upstate New York). Another example is race and age: white youth were ridiculously behind Sanders, whereas African-American youth supported Sanders by smaller margins. In states like Alabama and Mississippi, for example, states whose electorates were predominantly African-American, Clinton actually won the youth vote according to exit polling. And of course, there are more underlying factors as well, such as how the local economy is doing (the better off it is, the higher Clinton's support, the worst off it is, the higher Sanders' support, because Clinton was the pseudo-incumbent - see: West Virginia, Kentucky coal country), and what type of contest a state had (caucus vs. open/closed primary), and more.

Anyway, to the point of California, there was so much going against Sanders that three whole weeks of campaigning and travelling up and down the state just wasn't enough to reverse these factors.

On the topic of race, California is about 40% white, 40% Latino, 12% Asian and 8% African-American (simplified). Clinton won the Latino vote in New York, Florida, Texas, Arizona and Nevada by large margins - there was no way she was going to lose it in California, despite what the polls were saying (and there's reason to believe that the Latino vote was not polled well because it showed Sanders competitive with them). There's no doubt that Sanders did well with the white vote - look at the counties in Northern California, which are pretty much an extension of Oregon. Sanders nearly swept every county there, and he crushed it in the Emerald Triangle (the biggest weed producing region in the world). On the opposite end of the state, in Southern California, where the Latino population is very large, Clinton swept, and by large margins. Imperial county, bordering Mexico, the county in California with the largest Latino population, was Clinton's best county in the state. Riverside, Kern, and San Bernadino counties, as well as the Central Valley, all with large Latino populations, all went to Clinton comfortably, and that's not even mentioning the sheer prowess and influence of Los Angeles on the statewide vote.

I will admit that I'm a little surprised that Clinton swept the Bay Area, but her win there is nothing out of the ordinary. Yes, the Bay Area is a rather diverse area. There is a high Asian population in Santa Clara and San Mateo counties, a high African-American population in Alameda and Solano counties, and the Latino population is high throughout. The Bay Area is also rather affluent, especially in Santa Clara and San Mateo counties (Silicon Valley), and San Francisco and Marin counties. This affluence, coupled with the diversity in the Bay Area, led to an easy Clinton victory in the area.

There were actually a few surprises in the California results. Clinton was stronger than expected in Santa Barbara county (home of UC Santa Barbara) and Yolo county (home of UC Davis), and suburban Sacramento, as well as the Sierra Nevada (which is more white working class than the state as a whole, but also relies a lot on tourism).

Yes, California's median age is lower than the American average (35 years old vs. 37 years old), so while Sanders did have that going for him, it wasn't enough for him to overcome everything else going against him. It's probably why, though, that he wasn't totally blown out in the state like he was in Florida (which has a higher share of senior voters). Ultimately, demographics were key, and the demographics pointed to a Clinton victory in California.

Got this RTed on my timeline, and it seems to sum up the situation pretty well given the polling data we're seeing:

Jesus.

Are you fucking kidding me!? This shit....

That is not okay, and the brogressives who are responsible should be ashamed of themselves. Of course, they aren't...but they should be.

I've often thought there was going to be a silent group of voters who support Hillary..but I never thought it would be because of fucking fear for their own safety. My lord.

The only bad thing that happened was my 93 year old neighbor stole my Hillary sign. She knocked on my door holding it and said "I'm taking this." It's still hanging in her window. lol

Kudos, facebook weirdos! You managed to prove most every stereotype about fanatical Sanders supporters online to be correct, and you did it all by yourselves without prompting. They're so convinced of it over there that they don't even feel a need to hide their identities. So courageous! Gamergate-style and most MRA stuff stay in places where anonymity can be preserved. Utmost respect for people defending the Senator there.

The internet is going to have a massive gang of violent, unhinged anarchists behind Trump by November. An order of magnitude worse than current strength, that is. Shitty posts will be retweeted so many times that Trump will always trend. Wikipedia pages will be vandalized. Any person or organization he ever mentions will be brigaded into instantaneous submission. Reddit will burn down (actually this part is fine). Large percentages of these people won't even be American. "For the lulz" is an international phenomena, of course, and what better way to screw with history than get Trump elected as President of the United States? It's the sort of disruptive influence that hostile governments might be wise to invest in when they have no actual power against the US in typical spheres of influence.

100% serious here, unfortunately. These days it's easy to cause a (literal) international incident with that sort of stuff. Gamergate ruined me. From all the investigating and research I ended up doing you learn how little effort it can take to start phenomena or trends. It's terrifying. Government, corporations and organizations of all types are woefully equipped to handle it.

...Okay, now I made myself sad. I'm not even scared of Trump winning in November because I rate the odds as statistically insignificant for now. It's the tangential effects that are going to ruin everything.

FyreWulff

Jesus.

That is not okay, and the brogressives who are responsible should be ashamed of themselves. Of course, they aren't...but they should be.

I've often thought there was going to be a silent group of voters who support Hillary..but I never thought it would be because of fucking fear for their own safety. My lord.

The only bad thing that happened was my 93 year old neighbor stole my Hillary sign. She knocked on my door holding it and said "I'm taking this." It's still hanging in her window. lol

You should put a new one out that's just blank white with the text "[INSERT HILLARY CAMPAIGN SIGN HERE]"

Paskil

Jesus.

My brother seemed to be flabbergasted after Clinton won New York by such a wide margin. Driving around town here, you see nothing but Bernie signs. They're mostly still up, too. I did not see a single Clinton sign in Madison, Wisconsin in the lead up to voting. I told him her supporters aren't super vocal about her. I have stood up against Bernie posting shitfacts and dank memes, but until last night, I didn't publicly say on social media that I was a Clinton supporter. I saw the abuse people voicing positive feedback about Clinton received. How anything without negativity directed at her was down voted or shat all over. No one wants to deal with abuse, and although the worse stuff happens in anonymous forums, I have seen these shit lords in public and on social media. It's easier to just quietly root her on and stick to anonymous forums. It isn't surprising that no one knew any Hillary supporters.

100% serious here, unfortunately. These days it's easy to cause a (literal) international incident with that sort of stuff. Gamergate ruined me. From all the investigating and research I ended up doing you learn how little effort it can take to start phenomena or trends. It's terrifying. Government, corporations and organizations of all types are woefully equipped to handle it.
Despite google being available at my fingertips, can give tell me why gamergate became such a big thing? It seems I never paid attention to it on the gaming side and treated it as another "games journalism lol" thing.

Hey, quit talking about Glenn Greenwald.

I don't know much about Glenn besides very few things, but I know he is against US foreign policy. Again, I don't understand why people like that hardly ever take a full on humanitarian approach to foreign policy. Like investing in poor nations and help them rebuild, pressure countries that are our allies from oppressing certain groups( aka LGBT people and religious minorities ), have the military conduct more humanitarian efforts in other nations like when are natural disasters like we currently do sometimes, increase relationships with other countries in purse of scientific progress, fund vaccinations, etc obviously we actually do some of that stuff now, but a very few people even advocate for more of stuff like that. Although, sometimes I get genius questions or ideas of " Why can't we be friends to countries that actively oppose us??" or racist shit like " If only Arabs were more educated then they wouldn't be terrorists" . America has such a vast amount of resources, why shouldn't we be involved in the world? That is the most liberal thing the country can do. It just blows my mind that some of these people have such a disregard to the outside world.

/rant

itschris

Been reading a lot of "how is it not even close in California?" posts from last night. Despite what people believe, the driving force in this primary has not been ideology. Yes, Sanders did win the more "hippie"/liberal places like Santa Cruz, CA and Madison, WI, for example. The 2016 Democratic primary was determined by three factors: race, age, and income. More specifically, it was a combination of these factors, but generally: 1) the more racially diverse a particular area, the higher share of the vote Clinton received, and the more white the area is, the higher share of the vote Sanders received; 2) the older the electorate, the higher Clinton's support was, and the younger the electorate was, the high Sander's support was; 3) Clinton received more support from affluent and lower income voters, and Sanders received more support among middle class voters.

I don't have anything to add, I just wanted to thank you for the interesting and thorough explanation.

FyreWulff

I already have a new one....or four. But only one is out. I told her I'd happily give her a new one, but she wanted that one.

You should buy her the woman card.

My mom actually hates Hillary but I almost got one as a gag gift for Mother's Day (for her).. until I realized it was like 8$ to ship a 5$ card.

I'll still get it when I get more money flow

CCS

Banned
Almost done with Finals, so I guess I'm returning after my long leave of absence. This is slightly delayed but anyway:

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAASSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS QUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEN

YAS

YAS

YAS

YAS

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

I LOVE EVERY MEMBER OF POLIGAF

ALL OF YOU

EVERY LAST ONE

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAASSSSSS

Not surprising, I've seen one too many news about the harassment of women online from Gamergate. Everything from rape threats to bomb threats.

And everything I've seen and heard about the hardcore Bernie fans gave me deja vu.

Almost done with Finals, so I guess I'm returning after my long leave of absence. This is slightly delayed but anyway:

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAASSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS QUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEN

YAS

YAS

YAS

YAS

I LOVE EVERY MEMBER OF POLIGAF

ALL OF YOU

EVERY LAST ONE

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAASSSSSS

BUT YOU LOVE ME MOST RIGHT BAE. MISS YOUUUUU

Been reading a lot of "how is it not even close in California?" posts from last night. Despite what people believe, the driving force in this primary has not been ideology. Yes, Sanders did win the more "hippie"/liberal places like Santa Cruz, CA and Madison, WI, for example.

I will admit that I'm a little surprised that Clinton swept the Bay Area, but her win there is nothing out of the ordinary.

Yes, California's median age is lower than the American average (35 years old vs. 37 years old), so while Sanders did have that going for him, it wasn't enough for him to overcome everything else going against him. It's probably why, though, that he wasn't totally blown out in the state like he was in Florida (which has a higher share of senior voters). Ultimately, demographics was key, and the demographics pointed to a Clinton victory in California.
All of this is great analysis. First of all, we're not that awesome in Madison, but your kinds words are welcomed! We'll vote straight establishment in November though and will be proud to. Despite being overwhelming White and painfully privileged, we're largely self-aware of it. In 2012 several wards in the city were over 90% for Obama and one over 95 in the hippiest hippie corner of town. Interestingly, the most conservative wards were the dorms on campus; Many children of wealthier voters from R areas around the state that can actually afford the place these days.

With things finished, I'd love some deep analysis on how Sanders did versus the most vague polling for "Generic D." The notable specific demographics almost all broke to Clinton (minorities namely) except with under-40s. I have a feeling that after adjusting for a younger and student vote in some states that Sanders didn't perform any better a Generic, especially with independents. He could have been literally anyone remaining up against Clinton that had money and organization after Iowa and held the same support. A certain % of independents will always vote D and some will always vote against a frontrunner regardless of who it might be. There's bonus enmity against Clinton for a lot of people this year, too.

The myth of the open primary helping Sanders needs to be dismissed too, with raw votes analyzed on top of the actual number of contests won. It gets more independents in that wouldn't have otherwise voted, yeah, but clearly a good percentage of people are strong Democrats that simply aren't registered. They wouldn't show up as Ds in polling but might in exit polls as self-identifying D. Were people to do that, polling agencies would go backwards from prediction polls, apply it to the % of the electorate they had flagged as independent going to Sanders be better than expected, and end up with results that had a higher % of independents voting Sanders than actually did and skew things in his favor. This would make Sanders look better in exit polls than the actual results, which was an extremely common theme, especially in the open primary states. I have no science to back this up, mind you, but it's one possible explanation. Early voting being another. A lot of the #FRAUD! claims came from exit polls being 5-15+ points low for Clinton.

The Silent Majority standing with Hillary in this election is pretty wild honestly...

Despite google being available at my fingertips, can give tell me why gamergate became such a big thing? It seems I never paid attention to it on the gaming side and treated it as another "games journalism lol" thing.

Internet Trump fans largely started with #GamerGate. Feminist critiques of sexism in video games drove bigoted young men mad and they wanted to lash out at women. A woman had cheated on her abusive boyfriend and that woman made a video game. People claimed that the woman used sex to buy good reviews for the game she made even though this never happened. From there, future Trump supporters sent death threats (more valid than usual since they posted her address online) and unending social media abuse to the woman while trying to smear her as a woman that paid for good reviews with sex. Then they targeted any other women that condemned the behavior.

Basically, young men sent nonstop rape and death threats to feminist women in gaming while trying to convince people that this was actually about ethics in gaming journalism and therefore smearing these women in various online forums.

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
#bernieorbust showing up on my facebook feed is pretty much unfriend on sight at this point.

I can't endorse these fucking shenanigans.

I helped someone come out of the Bernie haze today, a friend of my Brothers, he actually friended me after our comment chat.

I don't expect people to be like super happy with Hillary, I even have some reservations, but I think with some people just a little reinforcement and a few concessions can make a difference.

One thing I did figure out from the conversation, is some of the "new liberal" issues were pretty much ignored this primary. To what degree this was due to Sander's one track mind, I don't know, but off the top of my head.

We never really got any good discussions on:
  • NSA Information Gathering - Sanders gave this a couple of mentions, but it was never part of the stump speech and very very rarely brought up. Typical platitude response. "Lets end it all!"
  • The TPP - Sanders' seemingly all or nothing about trade, so there was no discussion about what might have been good or bad about it.
  • Drone Strikes - Sanders wants to continue the program, so it never got talked about
Foreign intervention was sorta talked about, but Sanders lack of any foreign policy anything neutered any good discussion there.

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
She's just pandering! An establishment shill! In the pocket of Wall Street!

Mess.

Great to be back though, I have missed y'all.

Hey, I actually noticed you were gone!
Welcome back.
Speaking of people who are gone, I asked earlier but got no response. Is everything ok with Ivy? The name changed, then no posts since 5/14.

Paskil

She probably said she was going to sing, and the Secret Service charged her to protect the President.

Kidding. She's likable enough

But do you think Obama told her that?

I LOVE YOU AS MUCH AS CLINTON LOVES COMITTING VOTER FRAUD

Whoa, let's ease up a bit. That's like get a room talk right there. There are probably children here, or something.

She's just pandering! An establishment shill! In the pocket of Wall Street!

Mess.

Great to be back though, I have missed y'all.

We missed you too. We all had to commit extra fraud because you weren't here.

Whoa, let's ease up a bit. That's like get a room talk right there. There are probably children here, or something.

CCS and I always have a room....:p

Crocodile

I haven't been on my Facebook in weeks. I wonder if I should take a look LOL

In the era of GamerGate and other similar shit I'm not surprised. It also reminded me of that MSNBC story where a reporter was following a bunch of young, Latino Bernie Sanders volunteers in California and the volunteers mentioned how they hadn't seen Clinton signs in weeks on anyone's house.

Crayons

Banned
I haven't been on my Facebook in weeks. I wonder if I should take a look LOL

In the era of GamerGate and other similar shit I'm not surprised. It also reminded me of that MSNBC story where a reporter was following a bunch of young, Latino Bernie Sanders volunteers in California and the volunteers mentioned how they hadn't seen Clinton signs in weeks on anyone's house.
I was seeing the same thing in NYC but we all know how that went. I think Bernie people were just fanatical

CCS

Banned
Hey, I actually noticed you were gone!
Welcome back.
Speaking of people who are gone, I asked earlier but got no response. Is everything ok with Ivy? The name changed, then no posts since 5/14.

Yay, someone apart from Adam noticed my absence! I feel validated :p

But do you think Obama told her that?

I'm pretty sure there are enough Hillary supporters here to project an anti-young people force field.

We missed you too. We all had to commit extra fraud because you weren't here.

CCS and I always have a room....:p

That must have been hard work for you, I'm surprised you're not worn out.

Promises promises :p

Meowster

Changed my avatar in light of the coronation. My instagram post got attacked but Facebook has been relatively civil on my end. Mostly people saying that they'll never give up on Bernie's message but that they are proud of where he has gotten. People happy that history is being made with Hillary - a few guys I deleted for attacking my female friends by calling them arrogant for their excitement. It's been pretty tame other than that. Or maybe I'm just not friends with the diehards.

Just some random thoughts here but for all the talk about how much conversation we've had his primary.. or how we've kept it about the issues.. honestly we've gotten little to no substance at all.

it's been a typical back and forth front page gossip/drama. It's kind of disappointing tbh. But I think both Hillary and Bernie are to blame. Bernie has been relentless in talking about the stuff he wants to talk about.. but his stump speech was too limited and I feel like I got more substance out of Hillary, especially with her college plan...

But she doesn't talk about what she's actually going to do enough and got too defensive and started attacking the impracticality of Bernie's ideals rather than defending the merits of her own policy.

I honestly don't think most people can really name some reasons as to why she's running.. Part of the problem is public perception but I'm not sure she's doing everything she can to keep it focused on her policy, and not just the dangers of Trump or whatever.

I liked her speech on Trump. I like how she's gone in hard on him. But I really don't want her to veer into a "vote for me because I'm not Trump" campaign, similar to how she started to argue the "no we can't" campaign against Sanders.

She has the plans.. but I want her to bring up, in detail her

1) Infrastructure plan
2) College plan
3) Immigration reform plan
4) How we're going to actually reach universal, (or, 100%) health care coverage
5) Prison/criminal justice reform
6) Her ACTUAL trade policy/ideas

A lot more, in ads, events, interviews,etc.. While Trump is dangerous, Hillary should argue more on her own merits rather than because of how much the other guy sucks.

danm999

Reading that Trump will probably fall well below fundraising targets for the GE and guessing he'll be loathe to spend much of his cash...

So is Trump going to struggle to raise money for even a barebones GOTV effort? Sure constantly saying outlandish things and grabbing media attention might drive some of the vote, but not necessarily for him.

3phemeral

Changed my avatar in light of the coronation. My instagram post got attacked but Facebook has been relatively civil on my end. Mostly people saying that they'll never give up on Bernie's message but that they are proud of where he has gotten. People happy that history is being made with Hillary - a few guys I deleted for attacking my female friends by calling them arrogant for their excitement. It's been pretty tame other than that. Or maybe I'm just not friends with the diehards.

What annoys me about this is so much emotional political conviction could be harnessed into actual change but they'd rather die on a Bernie-or-Bust hill than find other avenues that could.

CCS

Banned
Reading that Trump will probably fall well below fundraising targets for the GE and guessing he'll be loathe to spend much of his cash...

So is Trump going to struggle to raise money for even a barebones GOTV effort? Sure constantly saying outlandish things and grabbing media attention might drive some of the vote, but not necessarily for him.

I think he's genuinely arrogant enough to believe that he doesn't need any sort of GOTV effort and other similar features of a normal campaign. He probably needs an extra few percent in the polls to make up for that alone.

Just some random thoughts here but for all the talk about how much conversation we've had his primary.. or how we've kept it about the issues.. honestly we've gotten little to no substance at all.

it's been a typical back and forth front page gossip/drama. It's kind of disappointing tbh. But I think both Hillary and Bernie are to blame. Bernie has been relentless in talking about the stuff he wants to talk about.. but his stump speech was too limited and I feel like I got more substance out of Hillary, especially with her college plan...

But she doesn't talk about what she's actually going to do enough and got too defensive and started attacking the impracticality of Bernie's ideals rather than defending the merits of her own policy.

I honestly don't think most people can really name some reasons as to why she's running.. Part of the problem is public perception but I'm not sure she's doing everything she can to keep it focused on her policy, and not just the dangers of Trump or whatever.

I liked her speech on Trump. I like how she's gone in hard on him. But I really don't want her to veer into a "vote for me because I'm not Trump" campaign, similar to how she started to argue the "no we can't" campaign against Sanders.

She has the plans.. but I want her to bring up, in detail her

1) Infrastructure plan
2) College plan
3) Immigration reform plan
4) How we're going to actually reach universal, (or, 100%) health care coverage
5) Prison/criminal justice reform
6) Her ACTUAL trade policy/ideas

A lot more, in ads, events, interviews,etc.. While Trump is dangerous, Hillary should argue more on her own merits rather than because of how much the other guy sucks.

Have you seen how little coverage her policy stuff gets? Very little of her policy stuff actually gets covered, ex: Trump's podium instead of her worker's rights and immigration speech this week. Not that having a detailed plan is bad and I would like to hear about them too, but...

mo60

He thinks he can win states like NY through rallies, barely no advertising and constantly getting attention from the media.

danm999

I think he's genuinely arrogant enough to believe that he doesn't need any sort of GOTV effort and other similar features of a normal campaign. He probably needs an extra few percent in the polls to make up for that alone.

I mean just between that, the inbuilt advantages Democrats have in the Electoral College at present, and the fact the party wouldn't piss on him if he was on fire...

You begin to get excited at the possibilities.

royalan

Lies. Deceit. Dishonesty. Britney Spears vocals.

Primary campaigning is not really the place to go for in-depth policy talk. But have you read her New York Daily News and Los Angeles Times interviews? In both she goes more in depth with her policy proposals than any candidate running for the nomination on EITHER side. And it's not even close. Hillary is THE policy wonk running this cycle.

Meowster

What annoys me about this is so much emotional political conviction could be harnessed into actual change but they'd rather die on a Bernie-or-Bust hill than find other avenues that could.
A lot of the ladies I know my age are (begrudgingly) ready to stand behind her while the men seem to have just given up/lash out. They have a great tool ahead of them. I bet if all of the people who tried facebanking me on the day of the Missouri primary spent their time in the next few months just as diligently, there could be a chance Roy Blunt gets thrown out for Jason Kander. Same for many others. I hope they realize this soon. It could be a great asset for a left cause.

Well, let me tell you. Okay? Are you going to ask fair questions. Are you going to be fair to me. Because, I promise you, that I need you to be fair to me? Okay. If you can't do that because, look, I want to build a wall, okay. And, I have the best words. Okay, the best words. So, look, I want you to be here, listening to my best words. But if you can't be fair, and maybe you can, I don't know, then you'll have to go. Now, ask Crooked Hillary why she helped Bill rape 30 women.

Have any of you see this new ad from Priorities Action USA?

Grace Ad

Just aired in Northeast Ohio. My mom, a retired special ed teacher, just fucking FROZE. Brilliant, BRILLIANT ad.

I loved that! Especiallly a group of school children know not to make fun of disabled people, why doesn't Trump...an "adult". Scathing.

Crayons

Banned
It's completely laughable that Trump thinks he can win New York. I mean, come on. He thinks that because he's from here he can win it? He's in for a rude awakening.

mo60

Kudos, facebook weirdos! You managed to prove most every stereotype about fanatical Sanders supporters online to be correct, and you did it all by yourselves without prompting. They're so convinced of it over there that they don't even feel a need to hide their identities. So courageous! Gamergate-style and most MRA stuff stay in places where anonymity can be preserved. Utmost respect for people defending the Senator there.

The internet is going to have a massive gang of violent, unhinged anarchists behind Trump by November. An order of magnitude worse than current strength, that is. Shitty posts will be retweeted so many times that Trump will always trend. Wikipedia pages will be vandalized. Any person or organization he ever mentions will be brigaded into instantaneous submission. Reddit will burn down (actually this part is fine). Large percentages of these people won't even be American. "For the lulz" is an international phenomena, of course, and what better way to screw with history than get Trump elected as President of the United States? It's the sort of disruptive influence that hostile governments might be wise to invest in when they have no actual power against the US in typical spheres of influence.

...Okay, now I made myself sad. I'm not even scared of Trump winning in November because I rate the odds as statistically insignificant for now. It's the tangential effects that are going to ruin everything.

r/donald and donald related subreddits meltdown will be insane when he loses on election night. They are going to be spamming r/all like crazy on that night with threads and brigading other subreddits a lot to.. It will rival or be worse than the mess that occurred on reddit almost a year ago that involved reddit's former CEO.

To expand on the Gamergate thing if people are still confused by the comparison-- Imagine that entire scenario, but instead of a video game review it's the presidency, and the woman at the core allegedly sleeping around for positive coverage is Hillary Clinton and not an indie game developer. We're fucked. One piece of good news! It's not something that will make Trump look good or move voters over to him. It'll just create a media shitstorm and scare people who are less likely to vote.

/r/the_donald has already posted some of its mission statement to be "piss off those SJWs," but what I'm worried about for now is the limited wing of Sanders people who are anti-feminist. They could be just 1-2 conspiracies away from a total flip, and they'd be more dangerous at sabotaging Democrats than some Libertarians just trying to make a fuss. Seeing backlash against Warren tonight has red flags starting to go up on this. Here's a solid reddit post on the matter-- https://np.reddit.com/r/PoliticalDi...lary_clinton_will_this_have/d41t1xb?context=3
With the people who fall into the Venn Diagram of hating both Clinton and Warren and yet identifying themselves as the progressive left, I find it very, very difficult to believe that sexism isn't involved.

There's no stopping this kind of campaign if it get started in earnest. All a candidate need do is go to reddit and personally ask for the help in an extremely vague manner that would still grant him plausible deniability.
r/donald and donald related subreddits meltdown will be insane when he loses on election night. They are going to be spamming r/all like crazy on that night with threads and brigading other subreddits a lot to.. It will rival or be worse than the mess that occurred on reddit almost a year ago that involved reddit's former CEO.
That made news on every mainstream outlet you could find, god, that was horrible. I'm more worried that they'll start the heaviest bombardment in the final lead up to the election. Reddit collectively losing its shit for a day or two after the election is over wouldn't have that many consequences.

Right, so, that's just incredibly depressing. I should shut up for the night before I look any more annoying.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom