• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT6| Delete your accounts

Status
Not open for further replies.

watershed

Banned
Ugh, why is Ed Rendell bad mouthing Warren? I mean, I don't entirely disagree that she has limited foreign policy experience, but you don't say that in an interview.

No one ever said he was smart. I think he was just offering his personal opinion and I can understand where he is coming from.

Lord Jesus...catching up on today's events.

This was basically the Dems today:

k6oDrpF.gif
Should be Captain Planet instead..

Holy shit. The mods of /s4p admit that it's over and they are transitioning to a new sub /Political_Revolution.... Is... Is it over?

Good I hope these kids stay active. Those phone banking numbers used to make me cry. Good on you Reddit people.

shem935

Banned
Maddow raised this a few weeks ago, what are the odds that Trump refuses to debate Clinton? How much would that hurt him?

It would play into Clinton's narrative of him. "He is temperamentally unfit to hold the office". Nothing would be a bigger more public highlight of it.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
I loved warrens response to Ed Randell

CNNs docs have been great. Seriously. Their decades, Bordain, and united shades series are all great

typical establishment moderation

anyways
link?

Race to the White House was also great. I wish they had gone more in-depth with them though.

Outside of CNN docs and AC360 the channel still needs a lot of work though.

Drakeon

It would play into Clinton's narrative of him. "He is temperamentally unfit to hold the office". Nothing would be a bigger more public highlight of it.

Yeah, but chances are he also does that by debating her. I have my doubts he can keep his cool against her.

I'd say it's unprecedented, but he skipped that Fox debate earlier in the primaries.

I wonder what the official policy is if no one else qualifies for the debate and Trump won't show up? A 90 minute grilling of Hillary by someone from PBS?

Holmes

Bison man, the Castro in San Francisco went 65-35 for Hillary (with early mail-in and election day votes) just like WeHo. The gays came out for her!

Warren was amazing on Maddow. Definitely get the feeling she wants VP and has at least had some sort of dialogue with the Clinton camp about it. I'd love it if they actually chose her.

digdug2k

I was really hoping Warren's answer to "why didn't you endorse before" would be more "They're both great candidates and I would have been happy with either winning". Instead it was just a lot of "didn't want to sway the election".

All she really said for awhile was "Trump is awful. We can't let him win" when I think the party really needs people who are respected saying "I know Hillary Clinton. I'm friends with Hillary Clinton. She's a great woman and I'm behind her 100%".

HylianTom

Banned
One more post about tonight's Warren interview before my head sinks into the pillow:

If you were wondering if your reaction to Warren's final answer was unique, Maddow just retweeted one of her writers:

@Nick_NoHeart
Elizabeth Warren's "Yes I do." response was THUNDEROUS. Audible reaction in the control room. #maddow

Wilsongt

H. A. Goodman
H. A. Goodman – ‏@HAGOODMANAUTHOR

Future generations will look back at this point in history. Clinton ran for president during FBI "CRIMINAL INVESTIGATION." Then Bernie won.

Someone shouls tweer delete your account to him.

3phemeral

H. A. Goodman
H. A. Goodman – ‏@HAGOODMANAUTHOR

Future generations will look back at this point in history. Clinton ran for president during FBI "CRIMINAL INVESTIGATION." Then Bernie won.

Someone shouls tweer delete your account to him.

And despite with all this negativity and attempts to slander her throughout her entire public existence, she persevered against opponents that endured almost none of it.

2u03xQ

royalan

I'm now fully on board with Warren for VP.

Just... her passion. She really does want it, and she's going to fight. I was concerned about her Senate seat, and about her being more effective in the Senate. But I'm sure Hillary would fully support Warren in whatever project she wanted to take on as VP.

"Clinton/Warren 2016: Because men have had 240 years to fuck up our country."

I'm now fully on board with Warren for VP.

Just... her passion. She really does want it, and she's going to fight. I was concerned about her Senate seat, and about her being more effective in the Senate. But I'm sure Hillary would fully support Warren in whatever project she wanted to take on as VP.

"Clinton/Warren 2016: Because men have had 240 years to fuck up our country."

I think a Two Woman ticket is something amazing.

Ophelion

I was really hoping Warren's answer to "why didn't you endorse before" would be more "They're both great candidates and I would have been happy with either winning". Instead it was just a lot of "didn't want to sway the election".

All she really said for awhile was "Trump is awful. We can't let him win" when I think the party really needs people who are respected saying "I know Hillary Clinton. I'm friends with Hillary Clinton. She's a great woman and I'm behind her 100%".

From the moment she says, "I just wanna get this out on the table..." she talks very sincerely about why Clinton is a great woman who is what we need in the presidency though. There was a fair amount of padding, but I thought from that point on she was very forthright.

Speaking of which, I'm kind of surprised OT doesn't have a Warren endorsement thread. Was there just too much, too fast today?

Ophelion

The amazing thing about Trump's schoolyard bully nicknames is that people using them unironically instantly out the quality of their character online. This used to be like a game of Mafia, where everyone would come at you with doe eyes and try to convince you they were on the side of the angels. This election year though? The scum all wear great big signs on everything they post that says, "Hey, I'm scum". It's like they're not even trying this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom