• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT6| Delete your accounts

Status
Not open for further replies.

HylianTom

Banned
I want more Romney rapping.

Who let the dogs out?
That was the moment that set-off a trend in our household, a trend that persists to this day: singing various pop songs as different political figures.

Some favorites:
Al Sharpton singing "99 Luftballoons"
Lindsey Graham singing Prince's "Kiss"
Bill Clinton singing Sly & The Family Stone's "Thank You"
Mitt Romney singing Eazy-E's "Eazy-Duz-It"

HylianTom

Banned
What if Trump have some real bombs to drop Monday and the DNC decided to go on the offense to mitigate damage?
I think the Dems need to have an event ready for Tuesday morning or early afternoon - disrupt the cycle.

Maybe that'll be when Hillary & Obama make one of their first joint appearances?

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1230985

WSJ stating there will probably not be any indictment.

Funny how this fell all the way back to page 5 lol.

I forgot to add FBI Investigation to the title and the mods didn't change it even though I requested.

That said, this seems huge news. I feel most of the trepidation of Hillary surrounds the emails and this WSJ story, if accurate, basically confirms it was a nothing-burger, and not just that, it wasn't even *about* Hillary's email server, but rather, the email server was relevant to this investigation.

User1608

Banned
3ia7IxO.png

2u03xQ
Oh yes

I've heard nothing. WHat have you heard?

My local news is talking about new emails that prove she took a huge donation and then gave him a high ranking job. Then when asked about it they let him go?

I'm in Utah so my news is Right wing big time. They are acting like this is a huge gotcha

This, right?

I just had to check the top post of r/politics to find it haha

Copies of dozens of internal emails were provided to ABC News by the conservative political group Citizens United, which obtained them under the Freedom of Information Act after more the two years of litigation with the government.

I love seeing reddit become so anti-Hillary that they're now advocating for the actual Citizen's United group.

It's fascinating slowly seeing the transition of reddit as a whole from progressive to alt-right.

pigeon

Banned
Polls will dictate his fate. If the gaps increases, I don't see how he becomes the nominee.

If the GOP could agree on a candidate to replace Trump they would have replaced him before he won.

None of what's happening now was unforseeable, but it's happening anyway.

Eh, maybe I'm old and bitter, but I sort of do? The former worries me more because they're liable to actually push and enact policies, while the latter might just use them to get votes and then not actually push for harmful policies. I actually used to be in your camp, but during the '04 campaign, actually had a discussion about gay marriage w/r/t Obama's views. I found it messed up that he was against gay marriage publicly when I don't particularly personally believe he really cared too much. (Aside: my amazingly logical reason for being for it was that I didn't trust legislators to come up with a way that made civil unions have all the legal benefits of marriage without fucking something up...go dumb young me. Also, I was of the opinion that once you involved tax benefits and government shit in marriage, you have no choice but to open it up to everyone.)

But the person's response was that even if they weren't 100% sure about whether they were on board with it as a matter of faith, he knew that Obama wasn't going to do anything to hurt the LGBT community, and would push for protections and pro-LGBT policies and legislation once in the Senate. So if Obama stays honest about his feelings about gay marriage (which aligned with the vast majority of the country at the time), and that helps him get elected, and then he can use his position to actively help the LGBT community...isn't that better than stepping out on a limb on a position you're not completely sure you agree with, not getting elected, and then someone who is actively going to harm the LGBT community taking that spot?

One of the things that I have long admired about Obama is that (to me), he's always found the perfect balance between pragmatism and principle. Clinton's too pragmatic (and too ends justify the means) for me, and Sanders is too principled for me. Every time I would hear about XYZ compromise (I was fucking furious after the health care bill, for instance), I would always read into the details and realize what good he had gotten actually done and enshrined in for folks. It's easy to be super principled and demand the moon and refuse to budge (universal cheap health care for all, national laws forcing XYZ policy on all states), but it's hard to sit down and realize the reality of the situation (shifting to single-payer would have taken more than 4 years...which means that an Obama loss stops the whole process, states can give federal laws no teeth and fight back on constitutional grounds).

That's what I like about Obama. He realizes that principles are important, but they can't completely stop you from helping people in the here and now. Gotta find a balance. The perfect is the enemy of the good.

Eh I generally agree, but not on prejudice. We shouldn't allow a left wing Tea Party to fester in our ranks. Prejudice (even the diet kind) just isn't welcome.

If the GOP could agree on a candidate to replace Trump they would have replaced him before he won.

Yeah, it's not so simple a matter as just wanting to. They're just not organized enough to pull it off.

Dan Pfeiffer said the same thing on Keeping it 1600 this week. "They can't organize their way out of a box."

IMO they couldn't, since he was on a winning streak of states.

But he hasn't united the party, doesn't seem wiling to adapt to a GE and raise the money necessary, and is very dangerous to the down-ballots.

Just say "everyone is unbound" at the convention and let the process happen.

Political Polls ‏@PpollingNumbers 1m1 minute ago
#BREAKING National General Election:

Clinton (D) 39% (+3)
Trump (R) 36%
Johnson (L) 6%
Stein (G) 4%

@SurveyUSA
http://bit.ly/1YeH0Mv

I love seeing reddit become so anti-Hillary that they're now advocating for the actual Citizen's United group.

It's fascinating slowly seeing the transition of reddit as a whole from progressive to alt-right.

I just brought that point up in the comments section. Just waiting for the down votes to pour in.

I made some rather pro-Hillary comments yesterday, or well, anti-Trump comments really that got some upvotes. I was seriously shocked.

IMO they couldn't, since he was on a winning streak of states.

But he hasn't united the party, doesn't seem wiling to adapt to a GE and raise the money necessary, and is very dangerous to the down-ballots.

Just say "everyone is unbound" at the convention and let the process happen.

I think we'll be sitting good once we get most of Bernie's people on board.

Teggy

Daniel B·;206324380 said:
Yeah, nothing to see here...

If you're thinking "Only 155 votes per precinct! Surely, that can't be right?", see the NY Times California Primary Results page for confirmation.

What a farce and Barack "TPP" Obama falling over himself to endorse Hillary "Cut it out!" Clinton, closely followed by Elizabeth "No friend of the revolution" Warren, what a shocker!

Over 5 million votes were counted (taken right from your NYT link), so your dank meme is wrong right off the bat.

I think we'll be sitting good once we get most of Bernie's people on board.

Yep, but this poll was taken post-primaries, but obviously before the Trifecta yesterday.

The optics of Clinton/Obama campaign will suck the media attention from Trump and bring in the Sandinistas.

DB before you put this whole act back in the trunk, I'll gamely note that even if every single registered voter voted, that averages out to 805 votes per precinct.

So we've learned voting precincts in CA are super duper tiny. Thanks!

CCS

Banned
DB before you put this whole act back in the trunk, I'll gamely note that even if every single registered voter voted, that averages out to 805 votes per precinct.

But are they as tiny as Trump's hands?

Daniel B·;206324380 said:
Yeah, nothing to see here...

If you're thinking "Only 155 votes per precinct! Surely, that can't be right?", see the NY Times California Primary Results page for confirmation.

What a farce and Barack "TPP" Obama falling over himself to endorse Hillary "Cut it out!" Clinton, closely followed by Elizabeth "No friend of the revolution" Warren, what a shocker!

Hi Daniel. How are you today?

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!

I also like how that "VOTER SUPPRESSION FRAUD" argument relies on either not comparing this years results to past results, or the assumption that this year's primary should have had like quardruple the turnout of the last one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom