• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2016 |OT6| Delete your accounts

Status
Not open for further replies.
McConnell Concedes Trump 'Doesn't Know A Lot About The Issues'

In an interview with Bloomberg's Masters of Politics podcast, McConnell said he hoped Republican presidential nominee Donald Trump would select a vice presidential candidate with a lot of experience to make up for his lack of policy expertise.

“He needs someone highly experienced and very knowledgeable because it's pretty obvious he doesn't know a lot about the issues,” McConnell told Bloomberg. “You see that in the debates in which he's participated. It's why I have argued to him publicly and privately that he ought to use a script more often—there is nothing wrong with having prepared texts.”

Ana Navarro has been giving me life lately. I don't know much about her positions (I assume I wouldn't agree with most of them), but she's been an amazing anti-Trump agent.
She was Jeb Bush supporter and worked with one of his PACs I think. Her policies are largely establishment but geared more towards Hispanic outreach. Before him she worked with Jon Huntsman's campaign. You can imagine why she's rightly pissed.

hated every one of those but queen mother was the most heinous. makes hillary sound like an alien bug queen and we are all her buzzing bee servants

god emperor clinton 2 is lol, I vote for that

who was the completely boring person that went with President clinton?

Btw if you guys have thread title suggestions, I'm listening

PoliGAF 2016 |OT7| Donald Trump needs a 💩☔

Anyone else think the Bush family will try again in 4 or 8 years? "Hey it's not our fault the GOP crashed and burned, but we're the ones to fix it!" (and then hope the electorate at that point either has forgotten Bush Jr, or at least has a more favorable view of him in context. Not saying it'll work, just saying they may try it).

With who? Jeb is too goofy to be a serious candidate and will still be smoldering from getting Trumped. HW may not be around and W would be too old. The age of Bush is over.

So what exactly happened to all the people who said sexism had no part in this primary because they like Elizabeth Warren?

Currently shitting on her because she did one thing that hurt their feelings. So fuck her.

With who? Jeb is too goofy to be a serious candidate and will still be smoldering from getting Trumped. HW may not be around and W would be too old. The age of Bush is over.

JEB's mother of course. I actually expect a few of the ones that lost to Trump to come back and say see? We told you he'd lose to Hillary, we can beat her.

So what exactly happened to all the people who said sexism had no part in this primary because they like Elizabeth Warren?

Currently shitting on her because she did one thing that hurt their feelings. So fuck her.

I feel the ones who respected Warren before have jumped the Bernie ship months ago.

DOWN

Banned
So Queen told Trump to stop playing 'We Are The Champions' and a bunch of notable GOPare rescinding or threatening to rescind their backing of Trump? Hillary stays winning

thefro

There is another...

Sxv3blP.jpg

George P Bush, son of Jeb!

Teggy

So Queen told Trump to stop playing 'We Are The Champions' and a bunch of notable GOPare rescinding or threatening to rescind their backing of Trump? Hillary stays winning

How does Hillary have the right to tell his campaign what they can play?

Confusing, isn't it!

dramatis

so i asked some gaffers what we should call Hillary when she's president and these are the answers i got:
- [ ] Queen Mother.
- [ ] President Clinton.
- [ ] President Rodham-Clinton
- [ ] President Rodham
- [ ] YAS QUEEN
- [ ] Madame President
- [ ] HRH Hillary
- [ ] President Queen
- [ ] Queen President
- [ ] God Emperor Clinton II

which ones your favorite? do y'all have any other suggestions? also i love you all gaf, such a list only could have spawned from this dear community :p
Empress Regnant, obviously.

Wilsongt

So, Hillary Clinton has been under FBI criminal investigation, now confirmed by White House yesterday, and BERNIE SANDERS is the bad guy???

H. A. Goodman
2h2 hours ago
H. A. Goodman ‏@HAGOODMANAUTHOR
When WHITE HOUSE CONFIRMS HILLARY CLINTON IS UNDER FBI CRIMINAL INVESTIGATION, just a tiny, minor detail overlooked by party unity folks.

Poor guy. Does he not realize all that salt is bad for you?

Crayons

Banned
so i asked some gaffers what we should call Hillary when she's president and these are the answers i got:
- [ ] Queen Mother.
- [ ] President Clinton.
- [ ] President Rodham
- [ ] YAS QUEEN
- [ ] Madame President
- [ ] HRH Hillary
- [ ] President Queen
- [ ] Queen President

which ones your favorite? do y'all have any other suggestions? also i love you all gaf, such a list only could have spawned from this dear community :p
I think Madam President sounds very classy

What I want to know is when Sanders officially endorses Hillary what HA Goodman and his ilk are going to say or do.

Based on r/S4P, they'll throw him under the bus ('the movement was bigger than him") or believe that the DNC held him hostage until he did it.

They already feel betrayed that he went against his word of not contesting the convention.

Holmes

Not that this 1) matters at all 2) is a surprise to anyone, but it's worth mentioning that apparently Hillary's margin in California is expanding instead of shrinking as the processing continues, contrary to the Reddit (and Daniel B, I guess?) narrative that the ~1 million ballots being processed would change things.
Because the later mail-in votes that they're counting still favor Hillary, just not by the same margins that the early mail-in votes did. It's expected. The election day electorate would be the youngest, most unfavorable to Hillary and it was basically a 50/50 tie. These later mail-in votes are younger than the earlier ones, which is why they're less pro-Hillary, but she still wins them.

- [ ] Queen Mother.
- [ ] President Clinton.
- [ ] President Rodham
- [ ] YAS QUEEN
- [ ] Madame President
- [ ] HRH Hillary
- [ ] President Queen
- [ ] Queen President

for clarification my original question was do we call her president clinton or president Hillary, not actually what her nickname should be so thats why these are more about title than actual name

Not gonna lie - George P. Bush is one very good looking dude.

Edit: Actually looking him up, he would be a formidable candidate, but there's no way the present GOP will nominate him. Seems to believe Latinos are human beings.

for clarification my original question was do we call her president clinton or president Hillary, not actually what her nickname should be so thats why these are more about title than actual name
She'll be referred to as President Clinton. When addressed, I assume it would be Madame President.

Queen at planned parenthood was great.

Zornack

What will we call her past her presidency? We can't call them both President Clinton and adding a senior afterwards doesn't make sense.

Tune in to CNN: Hillary speaks at Planned Parenthood (live)

Can't believe Democrats haven't drove point the "GOP is against abortion, education, and contraception access, but also are opposed to family leave, assistance after birth, etc." Glad she mentioned it. And I hope she keeps shouting it.

Edit: We get by calling them President Bush and President Bush for formal/official settings.

Ophelion

FFS, Trump is still going after Warren.

Of course he is. Trump never fails to charge in when Warren decides to play matador. She is absolutely the person he's weakest to. I'm not quite sure why, but Warren makes him see red, she knows it and she's abusing the heck out of it.

She'll be referred to as President Clinton. When addressed, I assume it would be Madame President.

Queen at planned parenthood was great.

Makes sense. Most people will probably keep on calling her Hillary though.

Also i just took a peak at r/politics after hearing so much about it on here and to my dismay, i didn't even have to open a thread, just by looking at the titles i could see it was as bad as y'all say it is.

bananas

Banned
PoliGAF 2016 |OT7| The Posters Don't Care and the Public Doesn't Care
PoliGAF 2016 |OT7| We Don't Know a Lot About the Issues
PoliGAF 2016 |OT7| No Seriously -- Delete Your Accounts

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom