• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2017 |OT1| From Russia with Love

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wilsongt

I was wondering what the loud, sucking noise I was hearing yesterday was. Was just our governor working at Trump's cock.

With Donald Trump as president, South Carolina is “going to have prosperity like we’ve never seen before,” Gov. Henry McMaster told some 200 Republicans at the Spartanburg Marriott on Monday, the one-year anniversary of Trump’s primary victory here.

“Here we have a president who speaks a language everybody understands and says exactly what he’s thinking. Isn’t that refreshing?” the Republican governor asked.

McMaster was keynote speaker at a Presidents’ Day celebration hosted by the Spartanburg County Republican Women at the Spartanburg Marriott. That’s where Trump declared victory Feb. 20, 2016, in this state’s Republican presidential primary.

http://www.thestate.com/news/politi...-columns-blogs/the-buzz/article133963029.html

Blader

Priebus looks like he's wearing his dad's jacket.

“Here we have a president who speaks a language everybody understands and says exactly what he’s thinking.

In South Carolina, that's probably true.

Ernest

Banned
Kinda bummed Trump made it through his first month.

Sure, it was probably the worst month a peace-time president has ever had, but I was hoping he'd get tossed out before getting to his second month. Here's hoping he doesn't make it to month three (and that the rest of America does)!

He's not getting kicked out until there's an actual video or proper evidence comes out.

You can't impeach a president without rock solid evidence. There may be strong evidence there's illegal stuff going on, but nothing that would be enough to convince his own party to impeach him.

I actually think, should the pee pee take ever leak, it'll be Pence who resigns before Trump. Trump will never admit he lost anything, so he won't resign, even if it gets to the point where it's obvious his presidency is over.

I read the CNN story on former Trump skeptics who are now fully on board.
"The country was going on a near-death experience collision. Political correctness was about to strangle us all."
Having an African-American in the White House, I don't think, did anything to improve our race relations," Griffin said. "When you go into the inner cities, people need jobs, the kids need hope....We're at a crossroads for needing someone that could take us down a new direction."
"He's going to increase the military, going to protect this country, build a wall, border control, Obamacare," she said. "He's bringing jobs back."
"I felt that the Obama administration was preoccupied with not offending people. As a result, I think some nations that normally would not try some things are seeing how much they can get away with," he said, pointing specifically to Iran. "Sometimes, you have to smack them across the jaw. I'm not talking about starting World War III. But at some point, you have to say enough's enough."
These people need a fucking lobotomy.

http://www.cnn.com/2017/02/21/politics/donald-trump-republican-support/index.html

Those people seem like Trump skeptics, not because they didn't love every word out his mouth, but because they loved every word out of his mouth, but it wasn't socially acceptable to say that.

Having an African-American in the White House, I don't think, did anything to improve our race relations," Griffin said. "When you go into the inner cities, people need jobs, the kids need hope....We're at a crossroads for needing someone that could take us down a new direction."
lol I bet this person has never set foot in a city.

Yeah I read that. That first lady was just flat-out racist deplorable. Most of the rest were reliable Republican voters burying varying degrees of cognitive dissonance.

Wilsongt

My brain can't even begin to wrap around how these people view the US as some apocolyptic wasteland on the verge of collapse while Obama was president.

Sure, there are some very bad aspects and a lot of things wrong, but nothing to the extent these people believe it to be.

Then again, I am sure there are people who will retort that the liberal snowflakes thought it was hell on earth during Dubya's reign of terror.

My brain can't even begin to wrap around how these people view the US as some apocolyptic wasteland on the verge of collapse while Obama was president.

Sure, there are some very bad aspects and a lot of things wrong, but nothing to the extent these people believe it to be.

Then again, I am sure there are people who will retort that the liberal snowflakes thought it was hell on earth during Dubya's reign of terror.
Gallup poll has Trump around 40℅ approval with everyone, but at staggering 87℅ approval with Republicans. Conservative media, AM radio and bothsiding by mainstream has completely cocooned Republican voters from viewing anything remotely without their filters. Obama is the worst President since Taft, America is in tatters, no jobs, we are being laughed at by everyone especially Iran, and inner cities are in chaos. Despite poverty and violence being at all time low in inner cities.

Gallup poll has Trump around 40℅ approval with everyone, but at staggering 87℅ approval with Republicans. Conservative media, AM radio and bothsiding by mainstream has completely cocooned Republican voters from viewing anything remotely without their filters. Obama is the worst President since Taft, America is in tatters, no jobs, we are being laughed at by everyone especially Iran, and inner cities are in chaos. Despite poverty and violence being at all time low in inner cities.
Exactly. Fox News and right wing media demonize the Democrats and liberals 24/7
Everything is framed as a constant endless war. On one side are those fighting for your freedoms, to maintain the constitution, to keep the country safe, to give your children and your children's children a future.

And on the other side are those damn liberals. Those radical corrupt America-hating leftists who want to force their opinions on you, who want to destroy small businesses and your way of life because they care more about the environment than people's livelihood and want to raise your taxes and brainwash your children.. And they're all supported by the lying media like "The Washington Compost" and the "New York Slimes" and lying scientists who say climate change is real when it's really a hoax perpetrated to deindustrialize the country (But you can trust Breitbart and Conservative Review and these scientists who agree with us)

Everything the Republicans and conservatives do is to preserve the country. Everything the liberals and democrats do is wrong and anti-American

Blader

I read the CNN story on former Trump skeptics who are now fully on board.

These people need a fucking lobotomy.

http://www.cnn.com/2017/02/21/politics/donald-trump-republican-support/index.html

I really couldn't give a fuck what Republican voters think about Trump, whether they were Trump skeptics or MAGA diehards from day one. Who cares? They'll vote for whoever has the R next to their name, so fuck their skepticism. They aren't the people Democrats need to win elections. We need to find the Democrats and independents who were skeptical about Trump and either voted for him or didn't vote at all.

Wilsongt

I really couldn't give a fuck what Republican voters think about Trump, whether they were Trump skeptics or MAGA diehards from day one. Who cares? They'll vote for whoever has the R next to their name, so fuck their skepticism. They aren't the people Democrats need to win elections. We need to find the Democrats and independents who were skeptical about Trump and either voted for him or didn't vote at all.

The Democratic party isn't pure enough for those people, tho. Too much Clinton stank, apparently.

studyguy

Forgot what podcast it was, slate or NPR or something, but they were discussing the need to go out and find Trump voters, not Trump fans. Trump fans are going to go 110% in with his stupid shit, but the voters as in moderates who had been dem voters before or those who bore more worries beyond IMMIGRANTS, PC, OBAMA.

They had on a bunch of people from rural Kentucky and followed a woman who helped people with healthcare.gov sign ups. Pose some simple questions to the people applying with terrifying results per usual (Kentucky calls the ACA 'Kynect' since they had the problem of no one signing up under Obamacare (the Repub legislators interviewed were basically admitting to willfully misrepresenting it to boot). The sheer ignorance of just general voters in red states is always absolutely terrifying and it's difficult not to feel bad as some of them get legitimately shook over the realization that their healthcare is suddenly being threatened since no one on the state level even bothered to educate them.

This is always the qualms I have with simply throwing these people out. You listen to R legislators being interviewed and they literally laugh about not being able to sign people up for healthcare till they doctor up some name and refuse to admit it's Obamacare at every level till the population is ignorant to what they're using. Literally dudes out here going 'I love the Medicaid expansion but hate Obamacare' level stuff.

The Rasmussen Reports daily Presidential Tracking Poll for Tuesday shows that 50% of Likely U.S. Voters approve of President Trump’s job performance. Fifty percent (50%) disapprove.

Losing Rassss?

Too bad USC/Latimes or IBD don't do presidential tracking polls.

Blader

The Democratic party isn't pure enough for those people, tho. Too much Clinton stank, apparently.

The purity test problem is only really an issue when the nominee does not have the charisma or excitability factor to distract voters from ideological in-fighting.

If Le Pen wins election, France will attempt to leave the EU and this will trigger a massive financial crisis that will cause a worldwide recession. If the U.S. faces recession, the U.S. will refuse to pass stimulus because Paul Ryan is Speaker so he won't put it up for a vote and we'll have a depression on par with the Great Depression.

Pros: This would hurt Trump's approval ratings by a lot.
Cons: Everything else..

Vixdean

If there's one thing I've learned over the past 20 years or so is that the US economy is resilient as fuck, more so than perhaps any other in the world. Chalk it up the strength of the dollar, infrastructure, size and relative independence when it comes resources, or the good ole' "American worker". Look no further than the 2008/9 economic crisis. The rest of the world is still reeling yet the country where it originated and hit the hardest has been rolling along for the past 6 years or so.

Hindl

If there's one thing I've learned over the past 20 years or so is that the US economy is resilient as fuck, more so than perhaps any other in the world. Chalk it up the strength of the dollar, infrastructure, size and relative independence when it comes resources, or the good ole' "American worker". Look no further than the 2008/9 economic crisis. The rest of the world is still reeling yet the country where it originated and hit the hardest has been rolling along for the past 6 years or so.

Well there was a massive stimulus package immediately passed that, while not perfect, did a lot in stabilizing things. The recovery has been slow and stilted, but things mostly went well. I wouldn't count on that stimulus this time around

Partially because we got lucky in the administration change. The hardest months were after Obama got into office and was working to mitigate damage. If the major crash happened in 07, I don't think we'd be calling it a recession.

TylerD

He's not getting kicked out until there's an actual video or proper evidence comes out.

You can't impeach a president without rock solid evidence. There may be strong evidence there's illegal stuff going on, but nothing that would be enough to convince his own party to impeach him.

I actually think, should the pee pee take ever leak, it'll be Pence who resigns before Trump. Trump will never admit he lost anything, so he won't resign, even if it gets to the point where it's obvious his presidency is over.

Maybe we can offer Trump a couple billion to go away forever. I'd allow my tax dollars be used for that!

I think mother nature cancelled snow this winter for the DC Metropolitan area to spite James Inhofe after he took a snowball from outside on to the Senate floor to argue against climate change. The past 2 years it's been snowing heavily at this time of year but this year we've got temperatures in the 60s-70s.

dramatis

I think mother nature cancelled snow this winter for the DC Metropolitan area to spite James Inhofe after he took a snowball from outside on to the Senate floor to argue against climate change. The past 2 years it's been snowing heavily at this time of year but this year we've got temperatures in the 60s-70s.
In NYC we had one day where it was like 70 and the day right after we had a 2ft snowstorm

Inhofe should eat his bloody snowball

No complaints from me. Every year we usually get one or 2 snowstorms that are bout 4 or 5 feet. It was nice to only have to shovel for 30 minutes this year instead of 2 hours

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
In NYC we had one day where it was like 70 and the day right after we had a 2ft snowstorm

Inhofe should eat his bloody snowball

Seriously, I was out drinking the night before that snowstorm and was wearing a light jacket at most. It was like party town.

studyguy

No complaints from me. Every year we usually get one or 2 snowstorms that are bout 4 or 5 feet. It was nice to only have to shovel for 30 minutes this year instead of 2 hours

Look at CA. We were dying of thirst for the past 4 years. Now? We're literally drowning in water! Who says climate change is bad? Who doesn't want lakefront property in the middle of a suburb?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom