• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2017 |OT3| 13 Treasons Why

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lo-Volt

C_oonTXXkAANiVE.jpg:large

Section (3) just reads like the biggest disclaimer in the history of the world. "You didn't earn money in Russia except for all the activities you or a business entity might have participated in." So... basically there's a huge black hole over the years from anyone visiting a hotel room or paying rent?

They're projecting so much that we can go to the drive-in later tonight.

You have to wonder if they're lost for good or if they'd come back under a white president/leader.

Frankly though, I don't really care. I have nothing against nominating white men in the future, but not at the expense of ruling out qualified persons of color or women. Especially when the "advantage" would be them merely losing states like Arkansas, West Virginia etc. 60-40 as opposed to 70-30 or something.

They're likely lost for a long time. But honestly, in terms of ideological change from pre-Obama to post-Obama I doubt there was actually all that much of a change. These weren't liberal Democrats in Arkansas.

It's like when people talk about all the state legislature we have lost and a lot of them are in the South, where many of the "Democrats" were basically Republicans already.

Lo-Volt

And members of the "Russia law firm of the year 2016" wrote this. What the hell, why even release a letter then? It's just like releasing more blood in the water.

And members of the "Russia law firm of the year 2016" wrote this. What the hell, why even release a letter then? It's just like releasing more blood in the water.

Because they have no idea what they're doing, don't know how to damage control, are afraid they're going to get found out, and are desperate.

Is French Hill AR-2? His district has been fairly competitive in the past.

In a wave election I think AR-2 and AR-4 would have a chance of going to the Democrats. The state as a whole is probably too far gone though to elect a Democrat to the Senate or governor.
Why AR-4? A quick glance at wikipedia shows me that it's as Republican as my district which is, uh, not very liberal.

Lo-Volt

Because they get paid by him to do this.

Because they have no idea what they're doing, don't know how to damage control, are afraid they're going to get found out, and are desperate.

Oh yeah, exactly. But they must be so whipped when they can't win over their client when he wants them to do something really stupid and they just can't convince him to calm down and shut the fuck up. So I really mean, "why did Donald bother?" (Because he projects and he's scared and he doesn't think anything through. So here we are.)

sc0la

Unconfirmed Member
Wish-casting the 2 trump Comey calls.

Donald calls Comey:
"Jim, how are you? Listen I was wondering if it would be possible if you could tell me if I, personally am under investigation"
".... I ... can't do that mr president, it would be a violation of protocol"
" Great thanks Jim, that's what I thought, no investigation"
*hangs up*

*Comey thinks* "damn I wish I had that on tape"

*Comey calls Donald back the next day*

"Hi Mr. President Jim Comey..."
*5 seconds of silence*
"Jim, how are you? Listen I was wondering if it would be possible if you could tell me if I, personally am under investigation"
".... I ... can't do that mr president, it would be a violation of protocol"
" great thanks Jim, that's what I thought no investigation"
*hangs up*

*Comey hangs up grinning* "That was easier than I thought"

Kevinroc

https://twitter.com/fawfulfan/status/863019726561300480

Good twitter thread.

I want to make something very clear.

Trump is not why our country is falling apart. Ryan and McConnell are.

Trump is a narcissistic idiot who has no respect for our institutions and will break the law to bully people who annoy him. We know this

He is also a suggestible fool who has been manipulated by foreign spies and does the bidding of anyone who bribes him. We know this too.

But here's the thing. The founding fathers wrote the entire Constitution motivated by the fear someone like this might take power one day.

They created all kinds of safeguards to make what Trump is doing illegal, a process to limit his power and, if needed, remove him.

What they did NOT anticipate is a House and Senate so corrupt and so toxic that they'll cover up impeachable offenses to keep bills rolling.

Trump literally said last night he fired Comey to end the Russia investigation.

That is the DEFINITION of obstruction of justice. The President is boasting, on national TV, that he just committed a major federal crime.

There is no way to argue that Trump deserves to stay in office. There has never been a clearer case for impeachment in U.S. history.

Even Richard Nixon did not go on TV and say "Yeah, I DID commit obstruction to stop an election investigation, whatcha gonna do about it?"

And yet not a single Republican in the House or Senate has even MENTIONED impeachment. Won't have even the slightest discussion of it.

And that's because they don't care about the Constitution any more than Trump does. They will waive it in return for getting their way.

They want to take over the Supreme Court, strip healthcare from the sick, sell the safety net to the rich. They don't care what Trump does.

If Trump walked into the Capitol with a handgun and shot a U.S. senator, I am not sure they would impeach him.

I am deadly fucking serious.

Ryan and McConnell will let Trump do anything--anything at all--rather than risk losing the White House. That's why they're more dangerous.

And that's why we need to pour energy in to every single local race we bloody can. It's the only way to end this infinite loop of horror.

Blader

Why in the hell would anyone want Merrick Garland to be the FBI director?

Opens up a valuable court seat that Republicans can fill and it gives them a great chance to turn around to Dems and go, "We're giving Merrick Garland some recognition for his service and now you don't want him? Typical hypocritical libs!"

chadskin

FBI director shortlist:
According to the White House official, the candidates include:

• Ray Kelly, the former and longest-serving New York City police commissioner
  • Mike Rogers, former House Intelligence Committee chairman and former FBI agent
  • Former Assistant Attorney General Alice Fisher
  • Rep. Trey Gowdy, R-S.C.
  • Senate Majority Whip John Cornyn, R-Texas
  • Paul Abbate, executive assistant director for the Criminal, Cyber, Response and Services Branch
  • Former New York prosecutor Mike Garcia
  • Mayor of Colorado Springs John Suthers
  • Former federal appellate court Judge Michael Luttig, now executive vice president of Boeing
  • Larry Thompson, former deputy attorney general under President George W. Bush
  • Acting FBI Director Andrew McCabe
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/201...ite-house-confirms-shortlist-to-head-fbi.html

tbm24

It would be something else to see Gowdy given a serious consideration when McCabe is talked down to because his wife is a Democrat. Not that Gowdy wouldn't be laughed out of the Senate anyway with all his failures with Benghazi, among other reasons.

Opens up a valuable court seat that Republicans can fill and it gives them a great chance to turn around to Dems and go, "We're giving Merrick Garland some recognition for his service and now you don't want him? Typical hypocritical libs!"

I guess the more direct question is why the hell would Garland give up a lifetime appointment seat that can make landmark legal decisions for the country in favor of a FBI director role with a 10 year term than can be nuked at any moment?

This isn't even worth entertaining.

Ogodei

Seeing a firm with their first listed branch in the footer as "Almaty" (the biggest city in Kazakhstan) definitely raised my eyebrows.

Blader

Good point, why is Judge Andrew Napolitano not on the list?

He's on deck to take Kennedy or RBG's seat.

As a former Texan, pick Cornyn plssss.

He'd be just as partisan a choice as Gowdy and would actively undermine the Russia investigation at every possible opportunity, but it might be worth it just to rid the Senate of him. I think I read at least one objectionable quote attributed to him a day, now.

GOP will still pass something, I fear.
Which would only help Ossoff's - and other Democrats' - case.

Not that I expect a bill to reach Trump's desk before Georgia's election, if they even manage to cobble one together.

I'm just saying I'm not sure how strong of an impact that's going to make on the party.
How much did passing ACA hurt Democrats in 2010?

And this bill looks to be significantly worse.

Maledict

It would be something else to see Gowdy given a serious consideration when McCabe is talked down to because his wife is a Democrat. Not that Gowdy wouldn't be laughed out of the Senate anyway with all his failures with Benghazi, among other reasons.

Why do you think he'd be laughed out of the senate? When have senate republicans shown ANY signs of conscience or intelligence in their picks? Plus Gowdy remains a hero to the right, who uncovered the email server and went after Clinton.

Diablos

Not that I expect a bill to reach Trump's desk before Georgia's election, if they even manage to cobble one together.

I mean the party's willingness to pass or not pass whatever they come up with. Sorry. But I understand your point.

The realization that nothing Trump says/does will matter because McConnell and Senate Republicans care more about having the Wh for 4 years than anything else is very frustrating and sad.

Zolo

It's like when people talk about all the state legislature we have lost and a lot of them are in the South, where many of the "Democrats" were basically Republicans already.

I can attest that the recent representative for my area re-registered as a Republican after losing back in 2008.

C_n4e5vXsAAFNMG.jpg:large

Where would Dems be if Black and Hispanic turnout rate was anywhere close to White turnout rate.

Just having Black turnout rate at 65% and Hispanic at 55% would be amazing for 2020.

teiresias

The realization that nothing Trump says/does will matter because McConnell and Senate Republicans care more about having the Wh for 4 years than anything else is very frustrating and sad.

They'll have the WH for four years even if they impeached and convicted him. Particularly if they could find something that only extended to Trump. No, they're more afraid of that destroying their base numbers and the party itself than having the WH.

Ogodei

They have to wait until CBO score per their own rules (even if they do want to go the "fuck the parliamentarian" route, they have to wait for a score that at least lets her make a ruling), and that won't come until the 22nd.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom