• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2017 |OT3| 13 Treasons Why

Status
Not open for further replies.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Sam Frizell‏Verified account @Sam_Frizell

Burr says the "burden is on the New York Times" to produce the memos, not on Comey. Says there may be an effort to undermine the president.

I rarely get enraged over politics, but this does the job. I would LOVE for the IC to get those memos to the NYT.

tenor.gif

teiresias

LMAO at Burr wanting the press to basically "leak" to prove their info. The GOP needs to make up their mind with whether leaking is ok or not.

From the failing NYT article:

Mr. Comey created similar memos — including some that are classified — about every phone call and meeting he had with the president, the two people said. It is unclear whether Mr. Comey told the Justice Department about the conversation or his memos.

Drip drip drip...

And now this new Comey thing jesus Christ it NEVER ENDS

I'd almost believe that it WAS a Gish Gallop except that it all ties back into the same fucking stuff.

Burgess Everett @burgessev
New detail: President Trump called @JohnCornyn and asked him to consider FBI job

I know we all get tired of saying/hearing this. But can you even begin to fathom the reaction, had Hillary fired Comey to stop the email investigation and tried to replace him with Nancy Pelosi? It is literally unfathomable.

To me, this is Trump's Sandy Hook moment. Once the Newtown thing happened it became clear, if 20 dead children won't sway Republicans on gun control in this country, nothing will.

Now we have a president who fires the guy investigating his Russia connections, then leaks intel to the Russains. This is officially it. If the Republicans don't care about this, there's no reason to think they'll care about anything. He might as well make the Oval Office a Miss Teen USA dressing room for more convenient p-grabbing. Absolutely nothing matters at this point.

I would argue that Sandy Hook was the Republican's Sandy Hook moment. The line in the sand where the question was clear: personal gain or people's lives? Children's lives?

They chose that avoiding pissing off the gun lobby was more important to them, demonstrating clear and present moral cancer.

They gave Joy own her show and then demoted her. And what makes them think that Joy wouldn't shit on Trump just as much as Lawrence does? MSNBC is trying to turn into CNN lite.

Fox Lite more like. I gave them the benefit of the doubt when they were just hiring ex-Fox women (because hey, they were well recognized personalities probably looking to flee the company after the Ailes mess broke), but at this point it's become clear that they're more interested in chasing the conservative news unicorn than anything else. Even making money, which is fucking bizarre.

This Comey face turn is amazing.

I need a polling outfit to run a "Which is worse: Leaking classified information to foreign entities or leaking to the press?" poll.

Tweet it at PPP.

This is enough to take him down with obstruction of justice charges, and the IC can bring those forward without Congress if I'm not mistaken.

Pretty sure no? President is basically unjailable barring impeachment.

When democrats get back in power (and, at this rate, they will soon) they need to go all out. Pass everything they want however they can. Republicans had power and used it to not only give all favor to the rich but also ignored blatant crimes by the president. Democrats need to throw all semblance of mutual respect for republicans out the window.

Yep. They need to burn all of the bridges at they have for the GOP. It is clear that the GOP is clearly not in it for Americans in general with all the stuff they are doing.

Hear hear. We need a full legislative slate ready to get voted on and signed January 21st, 2021. No commentary, no debates, and certainly no GOP amendments.

Teggy

Hmmmmmmm

Ari Melber @AriMelber
Note that the FBI would typically have a memo documenting key points discussed in a meeting with someone implicated in an inquiry.

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Gabriel Snyder @gabrielsnyder
The most important unanswered question right now: why is Trump so willing to risk his presidency to help Michael Flynn?

Kusagari

Trump is weirdly loyal to people he likes. I don't think there's any thing more to him trying to get Flynn off than he liked Flynn. Whatever wrong doings he did be damned.

It's like Watergate played at 2x speed on a VCR so everyone sounds like a chipmunk.

Trump is weirdly loyal to people he likes. I don't think there's any thing more to him trying to get Flynn off than he liked Flynn. Whatever wrong doings he did be damned.

I mean, he's loyal right up until the moment that it costs him anything personally. We have very clearly passed that point.

It just so happens that the only people he likes are all related to Russia. He's let everyone else dangle in the wind except Russians and Russian associates. Strange coincidence!

sangreal

It just so happens that the only people he likes are all related to Russia. He's let everyone else dangle in the wind except Russians and Russian associates. Strange coincidence!

eh, there is a whole cast of russian plants he has thrown under the bus

Trump really is known to be a loyal guy though, and we have learned that he values and demands loyalty from everyone he associates with too

I think he mostly sticks by Flynn because it wasn't his choice to fire him and he can't admit to being wrong

Ernest

Banned
Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
Gabriel Snyder @gabrielsnyder
The most important unanswered question right now: why is Trump so willing to risk his presidency to help Michael Flynn?
I honestly don't think there's anything more to that than just plain stupidity.
Flynn had Trump's back during the election, so Trump thought he could do whatever he wanted to help Flynn. That's what makes the most sense; ego and stupidity.

*edit:
The answer to #2 is simple: Trump is a stupid narcissist.
Yes, this

I dont believe Trump is intelligent enough to cover Flynn over some grand conspiracy, i think its just a thing where Flynn was nice to him and was loyal during the election so he wanted to try and help him.

Also probably stupid enough to think that he could just ask Comey to stop the investigation and he would do it without question because hes the president.

Zolo

I don't see Trump getting impeached, but with the talk of a shake-up, and how horrible this week has been......I'm not sure what the next week or two have in store.

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member

That on top of having absolutely no respect for the systems that keep the president in check.

Vimes

Just saw Senator Risch on PBS, what an absolute scum fucker.

"sharing intelligence with our allies is normal, also the person who leaked this story to the wapo is a traitor to the country"

Yeah, Russia. Great ally.

Republicans constantly proving there are ways they can make me hate them more.

Zolo

Just saw Senator Risch on PBS, what an absolute scum fucker.

"sharing intelligence with our allies is normal, also the person who leaked this story to the wapo is a traitor to the country"

Yeah, Russia. Great ally.

Republicans constantly proving there are ways they can make me hate them more.

This is why I don't see Trump getting impeached. It doesn't seem like Republicans are going to wait til the ship is sinking. They're going to ride it out all the way to the bottom of the ocean.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom