• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2017 |OT3| 13 Treasons Why

Status
Not open for further replies.

97FFu6t.gif

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage

Graham is, again, waiting in the wings to swoop in here against Trump. He's been baiting him the last week or two. Now this.

Also,
Matthew Miller‏Verified account @matthewamiller

Matthew Miller Retweeted Washington Post

Post reports memo was shared w/ DOJ. If Sessions & Rosenstein knew this when they signed off on his firing, their positions aren't tenable.

The news keeps getting better.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
I'm pretty stunned that Burr made that statement about the memos. I mean, it's pretty obvious someone has them. At first I was angry, but now I'm wondering if that was his way of implicitly asking them to be published.

sangreal

I'm pretty stunned that Burr made that statement about the memos. I mean, it's pretty obvious someone has them. At first I was angry, but now I'm wondering if that was his way of implicitly asking them to be published.

he could have them published whenever he wants

Plinko

LOL at the steady flow of "no comments" from GOP Congressmen about this. This is going to make for some amazing "They enabled him to commit crimes" ads in 2018.

Zolo

I think this might actually do it

Adrenaline. Once it's seen the good majority of constituents for Republicans are still on Trump's side, they'll have a message to go with.

Not trying to be a debbie downer. This all affects future events like mid-terms and the general election, but I don't see the GOP acting even now.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
You know why I keep saying the GOP won't turn on Trump and do anything?

C_-upOfUAAAp3a1.jpg

This is the statement from the Republican in Colorado's vulnerable 6th district today about the whole thing. He's not going to do shit.

Plinko

You know why I keep saying the GOP won't turn on Trump and do anything?

C_-upOfUAAAp3a1.jpg

This is the statement from the Republican in Colorado's vulnerable 6th district today about the whole thing. He's not going to do shit.

Fine, then they'll all pay the price in the 2018 elections.

studyguy

Genuinely surprised Comey is coming out this strong. I would have expected a rigid as fuck, boring ass bureaucrat like him to just fade into obscurity even with the entire US calling on him.

Trump must have set him off mightily.

Lawrence O'Donnell's ouster all but official at this point:

http://www.showbiz411.com/2017/05/1...onnell-the-last-word-show-despite-top-ratings

I didn't like O'Donnell's show for apparently the same reasons they're letting him go. I felt like it was a little too over-the-top and too-preaching-to-the-choir, despite the fact that I agreed with everything he was saying. He had insightful though. I think a slightly toned-down show could have been great. Hopefully his replacement will be more Rachel/Chris, not Megyn/Greta.

And on Faux News, this sort of behavior would warrant a raise. SMH conservative snowflakes.

sangreal

its in the original article

Mr. Comey had been in the Oval Office that day with other senior national security officials for a terrorism threat briefing. When the meeting ended, Mr. Trump told those present — including Mr. Pence and Attorney General Jeff Sessions — to leave the room except for Mr. Comey.

Alone in the Oval Office, Mr. Trump began the discussion by condemning leaks to the news media, saying that Mr. Comey should consider putting reporters in prison for publishing classified information, according to one of Mr. Comey’s associates.

Plinko

Genuinely surprised Comey is coming out this strong. I would have expected a rigid as fuck, boring ass bureaucrat like him to just fade into obscurity even with the entire US calling on him.

He'll end up a national hero if it continues.

1. They fired him in the most humiliating possible
2. Trump team said Comey committed "atrocities"
3. Trump still continues to shit on the IC whenever he gets a chance

I mean the list goes on...

Plinko

Chaffetz is even voicing fake concern over this, so it must be big.

To prove he's a "reasonable" Republican, while simultaneously hoping to undermine Comey (though probably failing given that Republicans are hilariously incompetent at this sort of thing).

Part of proving your "reasonable" starts with establishing you are even handed in the minds of many people. Long term, the dithering and "do nothing" behavior of Graham/McCain/etc could end up being a good thing: it helps kill the inevitable narrative that the "establishment" wanted Trump's impeachment from day one. If it comes down to shit really hitting the fan, having normal republicans argue "I supported him, but now I must support my country and its laws" is going to be very valuable currency.

studyguy

1. They fired him in the most humiliating possible
2. Trump team said Comey committed "atrocities"
3. Trump still continues to shit on the IC whenever he gets a chance

I mean the list goes on...

To be fair, Comey himself has been dragged through the mud and back since the Clinton investigation and was mum the entire time, even when the GOP turned on him after it all led to nothing and went in on Trump in earnest. Granted he still had his position then and I would have sworn he'd fall on his sword a thousand times to keep the FBI reputation intact. I guess it may very well have been the straw that broke his back.

Blader

Trump is weirdly loyal to people he likes. I don't think there's any thing more to him trying to get Flynn off than he liked Flynn. Whatever wrong doings he did be damned.

Yep. He likes the guy personally, they bonded on the campaign trail. And he respects loyalty (more or less). I think this is more evidence of Trump being an incompetent moron who doesn't understand what obstruction of justice is than hedging his entire presidency on protecting Flynn from being outed as the missing link between Trump and Putin.

broz0rs

Anybody want to take a shot at why Republicans are defending Trump so much when if they choose not to, they can have one of their own, Mike Pence, be the next President?

Teggy

Kind of wonder what will happen to Trumps base if things get bad enough that Trump is forced out. I don't see many being won over. Could be the country gets even uglier for a while.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom