• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2017 |OT3| 13 Treasons Why

Status
Not open for further replies.

smokeymicpot

Beat EviLore at pool.
Shocking news.

AMERICA FIRST: IVANKA TRUMP PROFITS FROM UNDERPAID WORKERS IN CHINA, REPORT SAYS

Meanwhile, China Labor Watch tells Newsweek it has investigated two factories in China that produce items for the Ivanka Trump fashion line. On April 27, the nonprofit organization sent her a letter addressing its concerns. “The working hours run 12.5 hours, meaning four to five hours of overtime work every day,” Li Qiang, founder of China Labor Watch, tells Newsweek. “Some workers receive less than a dollar per hour, which is lower than the labor standard stipulated by law.” These hours equate to a monthly salary of about $363.

“We are waiting for Ivanka Trump’s reply,” Qiang says. “We plan to issue the report in June.”

http://www.newsweek.com/america-fir...ts-underpaid-workers-china-report-says-611797

Haven't lived in New York for a few years now, but, um, what the fuck Cuomo??

I knew he was royally fucking the MTA every chance he got, I didn't realize he created a separate state senate caucus so Dems could give the Republicans the state majority? How is this anything other than totally indefensible?

https://newrepublic.com/article/142670/andrew-cuomo-profits-republican-senate

It's not really as bad as the article makes it sound. I was especially annoyed at this article casually tossing aside his free tuition reform like it wasn't any big deal.

Seems like someone really hated Cuomo and wanted to write an article that is all technically true, but as negatively slanted as possible. Cuomo is an awkward figure for progressives to handle because he passes liberal stuff, but he's also super shady and super establishment, so they don't seem to actually feel comfortable totally getting on board with him.

Even within the article itself
The SAFE Act was tough gun control legislation that passed in the wake of the Sandy Hook massacre in 2012. New York legalized gay marriage in 2011, a historic achievement. Other big-ticket items include a raise in the minimum wage, paid family leave, and, most recently, free public college.

Then a laundry list of nit picks and dumb stuff like "his free college will only save people 26,000 dollars" Only save them 26k lol. Like that's a small amount of money. And also that the minimum wage increase is a slow roll out instead of instant, which not only probably wouldn't have passed, but would have hurt more than helped as businesses were rocked by massive cost increases with no adjustment time.

”Whether we're talking about voting reforms, the DREAM Act, single-payer, or the women's Reproductive Health Act," Rivera says, ”these are all fundamental Democratic issues that we would be able to achieve if we had a Democratic majority."
Nah

If Cuomo wants NY Healthcare, he'll get NY Healthcare. If he doesn't, he won't. It doesn't matter who controls the majority and it never has. Cuomo is basically a mob boss politician who controls everything in the state.

And then there's "What has Cuomo done to protect NYS from Trump" then a list of stuff Cuomo has done to protect us from Trump, but then another paragraph saying "well yea, but what is he REALLY doing to protect us from stuff Trump hasn't actually done yet!"

It's trying REALLLYY hard to make Cuomo look bad and not progressive because he's a massive establishment shill Democrat who plays dirty politics and thus doesn't fit the mold of a "progressive" even if NY continues to be one of the most liberal states in the country and continues to pass liberal laws.

jtb

Banned
Needs a cause.

Also the reason Lieberman wasn't McCain's running mate is because his aides convinced McCain the party would have a shit fit.

I think the main/only hang-up was really that he was pro-life. But he certainly spent way more time thinking about and vetting Lieberman than he did Palin lol

No precedents are being set with Red Don. Nothing is normal now.

That's not how norms work. You can't break them, declare it a special circumstance, and then move on. Firing the FBI Director just because Trump nominated them would inherently make this a political position.

Slacker

That's not how norms work. You can't break them, declare it a special circumstance, and then move on. Firing the FBI Director just because Trump nominated them would inherently make this a political position.

We'll have to disagree on this one. Firing the politician Trump hired and installing someone apolitical isn't breaking the norms, it's returning to them.

Except the reasoning wouldn't LITERALLY be "because Trump put him there".

The reasoning given for each trump appointee would be:

- extreme lack of qualifications
- extreme displays of partisanship that violate the nature of the job
- any violations of the job that they can easily find

Frank Thorp V‏Verified account
@frankthorp

McCaskill says Rosenstein, in briefing to all Senators, "acknowledged that he learned Comey would be removed prior to him writing his memo."

Hardly surprising

Ogodei

I heard they were making a TV show based on these books.
Also why were they in 1st grader class bookshelves? They scared the ever living fuck out of me as a kid.

Because the stories themselves are pretty tame most of the time. They just picked an artist who should have drawn for Lovecraft to do the illustrations. The stories literally include the hackneyed "driver tailgating you to warn you about a murderer in the back seat" and "the call is coming from inside the house" stories.

I've seen other versions of the stories with tamer art, and it completely skews how you perceive the stories.

This sets a terrible precedent. If whoever gets confirmed does the job well they should stay in the role.

Well, yes. So firing all of them is fine because there is a zero percent chance that a Trump appointee ends up doing a good job in their role. It isn't because they were Trump appointees, specifically, it's because they were dangerously unqualified for the positions they were given or they were hyper-partisan to an inappropriate degree (often both).

Vimes

Reminds me too much of the last 2-3 weeks of the campaign.

Who was it, Rick Wilson or someone else. Everyday, some oppo that would destroy Trump was supposed to drop. And it never did.

I was literally counting down to 5pm EDT yesterday and was not disappointed. (Talking about the McCarthy transcript, not Mueller's appointment.)

Who was it, Rick Wilson or someone else. Everyday, some oppo that would destroy Trump was supposed to drop. And it never did.

Rick said they had enough for something new everyday and that the Hillary campaign had something like 4x(?) as much. But yeah, nothing ever showed up.

So let's not do this droppo the oppo stuff again please!

jtb

Banned

Well, Wittes is apparently really good friends with Comey so... take however many grains of salt as you choose

Crocodile

It DID actually (though I'll admit I forgot what the oppo was LOL), it was just weeks after the election that it dropped (i.e. when it didn't matter).

Slacker

Clickhole has become Patriothole and is even more insane if that's possible:

https://twitter.com/ClickHole/status/865294317631492096

Their Roger Ailes headline is amazing:

Nation In Mourning: Roger Ailes, America's Jolly Grandpa Who Was Always Pulling Beloved Goofs On Ladies, Has Been Murdered By The Deep State

Trump doing a news conference soon
Ladies and gentlemen, I'm hear today to announce the appointment of a special prosecutor... to look into the Seth Rich murder."

To be perfectly fair that was about the Steele Dossier, but it never went public before the election because journalists couldn't quite confirm that the Dossier was real until December.

Nordicus

Well last time Wittes teased something, we got the Comey memo short after.
Benjamin Wittes @benjaminwittes

I'm not sure anyone has ever gained so many Twitter followers just by typing the word "tick" over and over.
3:53 PM · May 18, 2017
47 RETWEETS
369 LIKES
At least the man's self-aware!

Is this it?

https://www.washingtonpost.com/worl...2_story.html?tid=ss_tw&utm_term=.35daaf3d9158

FBI Director James B. Comey prepared extensively for his discussions with President Trump, out of concern that the president was unlikely to respect the legal and ethical boundaries governing their respective roles, according to associates of the now-fired FBI chief.

The associates recounted how worried Comey was about meeting with Trump and recalled conversations in which they brainstormed how to handle moments in which the president asked for details of an investigation.

One associate referred to Comey’s preparation as a kind of “murder board’’ — a phrase used to describe a committee of questioners that hurl tough questions at someone as practice for a difficult oral examination.

tame.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
I don't care who is in charge of FBI. Nobody is stopping these people from getting revenge for how Comey's firing was handled.

tbm24

It's not really as bad as the article makes it sound. I was especially annoyed at this article casually tossing aside his free tuition reform like it wasn't any big deal.

Seems like someone really hated Cuomo and wanted to write an article that is all technically true, but as negatively slanted as possible. Cuomo is an awkward figure for progressives to handle because he passes liberal stuff, but he's also super shady and super establishment, so they don't seem to actually feel comfortable totally getting on board with him.

Even within the article itself

Then a laundry list of nit picks and dumb stuff like "his free college will only save people 26,000 dollars" Only save them 26k lol. Like that's a small amount of money. And also that the minimum wage increase is a slow roll out instead of instant, which not only probably wouldn't have passed, but would have hurt more than helped as businesses were rocked by massive cost increases with no adjustment time.

Nah

If Cuomo wants NY Healthcare, he'll get NY Healthcare. If he doesn't, he won't. It doesn't matter who controls the majority and it never has. Cuomo is basically a mob boss politician who controls everything in the state.

And then there's "What has Cuomo done to protect NYS from Trump" then a list of stuff Cuomo has done to protect us from Trump, but then another paragraph saying "well yea, but what is he REALLY doing to protect us from stuff Trump hasn't actually done yet!"

It's trying REALLLYY hard to make Cuomo look bad and not progressive because he's a massive establishment shill Democrat who plays dirty politics and thus doesn't fit the mold of a "progressive" even if NY continues to be one of the most liberal states in the country and continues to pass liberal laws.
Liberals who take issue with Cuomo never have a leg to stand on. Cuomo is an old school politician and I'd able to get what he wants done. They should be happy that his focus has been towards progressive goals more often than not.

Oh damn, Trump's back to using "believe me" at this press conference. So... total confirmation that he's lying. It's his go-to phrase for any form of exaggeration or bullshit.

sc0la

Unconfirmed Member
Mr.Shrugglesツ;237303225 said:
On Collusion:

"I can only speak for myselft and the russians...zero."
sure_jan.gif

Edit:
lol he's authorized to speak on behalf of the Russians?!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom