• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2017 |OT3| 13 Treasons Why

Status
Not open for further replies.

AntoneM

Powerful documentary about the 92 LA riots on National Geographic right now. looks like it will replayed later tonight if you want to watch from the start.

Lot of people with roses in their twitter names confident that Le Pen will win.
kcRZCQt.gif

Diablos

I actually didn't know this but the AHCA allows employers to deny health coverage to employees with pre-existing conditions if the State says they can?

What the fuck?

Every company is gonna move to the states that allow for this to save money if this shit passes.

It's no joke, this bill is worse than just repealing the ACA outright with no replacement.

I can't tell you how fucking angry it makes me when people try to give Trump a pass on his words that they'll desperately resort to "...b..but Colbert said ..."

What the fuck is wrong with people.

It is INSANE to me that people think like this and are jumping on a bandwagon to paint Colbert to be something he's not.

So I actually just saw someone charge into a thread on the League of Legends subreddit and post some obvious 4chan copy/paste rant about Colbert. Got deleted damn near instantly.

Effect

I actually didn't know this but the AHCA allows employers to deny health coverage to employees with pre-existing conditions if the State says they can?

What the fuck?

Every company is gonna move to the states that allow for this to save money if this shit passes.

It's no joke, this bill is worse than just repealing the ACA outright with no replacement.

That's what was said the first time they tried this. People would have been better off, it would still be horrible, if they just straight up repealed the ACA and didn't replace it with anything. Republicans are actively seeking to destroy people's lives with this while purposefully exempting themselves because they know how horrible it is. This people are straight up evil.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
That's what was said the first time they tried this. People would have been better off, it would still be horrible, if they just straight up repealed the ACA and didn't replace it with anything. Republicans are actively seeking to destroy people's lives with this while purposefully exempting themselves because they know how horrible it is. This people are straight up evil.

I mean, I'm in NYC and Cuomo won't get rid of the preexisting conditions ban, but this shit is still scaring the crap out of me.

Chaffefz says congress is going after Obama's pension because of 400k-gate

Wow, black man literally can't make a buck.

Zolo

I feel like the odds of Trump signing a bill that takes money away from ex-presidents is not really that high, since he will be an ex-president.

Yeah. I don't see how it could be made specific. It just comes off petty.

broz0rs

It's looking like AHCA will pass the House tomorrow according to Twitter accounts that are keeping track of votes.

Barzul

So the CBO score will definitely come out before the Senate votes on it? I hope it's even more brutal than the first one and these fuckers pay.

broz0rs

So the CBO score will definitely come out before the Senate votes on it? I hope it's even more brutal than the first one and these fuckers pay.

Their scheduled to vote tomorrow and CBO score will not be ready. GOP are also not releasing the texts of the amendments that are being added to AHCA. It's really just insane.

Chumley

Banned
The GOP is basically saying fuck their constituents now. Gambling that they won't suffer politically for this. With the way voting has gone recently maybe they're right, maybe no amount of pain will get people out to vote. Dark times.

The GOP is basically saying fuck their constituents now. Gambling that they won't suffer politically for this. With the way voting has gone recently maybe they're right, maybe no amount of pain will get people out to vote. Dark times.

They won't. They'll say the Dems blocked their great reform, and convince people to vote them out in 2018 so they can finally enact their "change for the better."

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Their scheduled to vote tomorrow and CBO score will not be ready. GOP are also not releasing the texts of the amendments that are being added to AHCA. It's really just insane.

It's like they purposely want to lose control of Congress.

numble

Chaffefz says congress is going after Obama's pension because of 400k-gate

I feel like the odds of Trump signing a bill that takes money away from ex-presidents is not really that high, since he will be an ex-president.

Clearly, nothing to do w/ race.

Of course it's petty! That's the whole damn point!

Chaffetz already previously got a bill passed both houses (and vetoed by Obama) last year that would increase pension of all ex-presidents to $400k but reduce presidential pension by the amount of gross income over $400k. It would likely pass both houses because it previously passed both houses (unanimously). Trump would likely sign such a bill.

https://www.congress.gov/bill/114th-congress/house-bill/1777

pigeon

Banned
Chaffetz already previously got a bill passed both houses (and vetoed by Obama) last year that would increase pension of all ex-presidents to $400k but reduce presidential pension by the amount of gross income over $400k. It would likely pass both houses because it previously passed both houses (unanimously). Trump would likely sign such a bill.

https://www.congress.gov/bill/114th-congress/house-bill/1777

Why would Trump sign a bill that costs him half a million dollars a year?

Republicans as of late have found themselves on the winning side of "do what you want and challenge voters to actually punish you for it" enough to try again here. They aren't going to change their behavior until it actually costs them seats.

jWILL253

Banned
I almost wish Republicans in Congress were dumb enough to pass a health care law that fucks over millions of people by removing their health care. What a quick way to show your ass like that.

Also, people who criticized Obama for the $400k speech fee are looking like busters, now that Obama has actually shown what he was gonna do with that money.

Owzers

I thought they'd pass it the first time, the GOP does terrible things, the bill is terrible, supposed to be easy.

I've been rewatching breaking bad, let's see if they get away with it.

It really is bizarre. Are they that arrogant? That stupid? Both? Are they just weak willed and being bullied by Trump into losing their jobs?
Trump has proven he is an effective meat shield for all criticism and normal party politics haven't applied. So yeah maybe they totally could fuck people over and keep their seat. The trump distraction made the garland situation possible. Might as well see how far they can go.

Trump has proven he is an effective meat shield for all criticism and normal party politics haven't applied. So yeah maybe they totally could fuck people over and keep their seat. The trump distraction made the garland situation possbike. Might as well see how far they can go.

That's not usually how it works. People will blame the president, but show up at midterms to kick out congress because they can't kick out the president.

That's not usually how it works. People will blame the president, but show up at midterms to kick out congress because they can't kick out the president.
That's not how it USED to work.

They are already stuck to his hip. May as well see how far it goes. We are mostly in uncharted political territory with Trump.

That's not how it USED to work.

They are already stuck to his hip. May as well see how far it goes. We are mostly in uncharted political territory with Trump.

There's no indication anything has changed and evidence that it's going to be a nasty midterm for the GOP next year.

Unless they figure they're going to lose anyway, might as well take the entire country down with them, but that would make them terrorists, and I don't know if they'd go that far.

Blader

CBO score is expected in about 1-2 weeks. Senate won't pass the bill by then, though it seems like a moot point since any bill that the Senate sends back to the House will likely be a markedly different bill than what the CBO is scoring right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom