• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2017 |OT3| 13 Treasons Why

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is widely held belief that Roberts was going to side with conservatives to strike down ACA, even started writing opinion for it and then whatever happened during the summer break, pressure from wherever caused him to uphold it but under taxation clause and not commerce clause.
The biggest speculation I recall is that Roberts wanted to strike down the mandate while leaving the rest of the law intact, but neither wing would go for it.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
https://theintercept.com/2017/06/05...ian-hacking-effort-days-before-2016-election/

TOP-SECRET NSA REPORT DETAILS RUSSIAN HACKING EFFORT DAYS BEFORE 2016 ELECTION

RUSSIAN MILITARY INTELLIGENCE executed a cyberattack on at least one U.S. voting software supplier and sent spear-phishing emails to more than 100 local election officials just days before last November's presidential election, according to a highly classified intelligence report obtained by The Intercept.

The top-secret National Security Agency document, which was provided anonymously to The Intercept and independently authenticated, analyzes intelligence very recently acquired by the agency about a months-long Russian intelligence cyber effort against elements of the U.S. election and voting infrastructure. The report, dated May 5, 2017, is the most detailed U.S. government account of Russian interference in the election that has yet come to light.

Russian General Staff Main Intelligence Directorate actors ... executed cyber espionage operations against a named U.S. company in August 2016, evidently to obtain information on elections-related software and hardware solutions. ... The actors likely used data obtained from that operation to ... launch a voter registration-themed spear-phishing campaign targeting U.S. local government organizations.
The report indicates that Russian hacking may have penetrated further into U.S. voting systems than was previously understood.

What I was scared about before the election, and what many on here assured me could not happen.

What I was scared about before the election, and what many on here assured me could not happen.

Like I said in the threads in the OT:

Don't post The Intercept as a source. They are a crazy conspiracy website. The intelligence agencies that all say the Russians hacked the democrats also say there is absolutely no evidence that the Russians hacked the actual votes.

Buying into the idea that the actual votes were hacked only helps assholes like Jill Stein trick you into giving her 9 million dollars for nothing.

Don't post The Intercept as a source. They are a crazy conspiracy website. The intelligence agencies that all say the Russians hacked the democrats also say there is absolutely no evidence that the Russians hacked the actual votes.

Buying into the idea that the actual votes were hacked only helps assholes like Jill Stein trick you into giving her 9 million dollars for nothing.
This is one reason why I'm not ready to buy into this yet

If the Russians did hack the actual votes, Wisconsin is one of the places that it would have happened in, but didn't

Nordicus

Republicans will no doubt try to box Comey in under perjury when he said the administration did not try to pressure him to shut down the investigation. I wonder what his reasonong will be.
He was asked whether Department of Justice tried to stop the investigation, not the administration.

Comey's answer was truthful as far as memo is concerned

ivajz

I agree, however a lot of credible people are retweeting this. Ryan Lizza, Bradd Jaffy, etc.

Vimes

dumb question, if The Intercept of all outlets is truly getting leakers from the NSA post-Snowden, isn't that a big deal? Like IC-going-fully-to-war deal?

dumb question, if The Intercept of all outlets is truly getting leakers from the NSA post-Snowden, isn't that a big deal? Like IC-going-fully-to-war deal?

Yeah, and after finally looking at the article, it seems that it's legit (they have pics of documents), which means the IC is serious about this shit.

Crocodile

Just to be clear, there is no indication (as of yet) that votes or voting machines were actually compromised right? Just that the Russians were trying to hack them?

I remember yesterday someone on MSNBC said they got a scoop that a "bomb" was going to be dropped during the hearings on Wednesday (with I think Coates, etc.). Maybe this was the "bomb"?

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
This is one reason why I'm not ready to buy into this yet

If the Russians did hack the actual votes, Wisconsin is one of the places that it would have happened in, but didn't
I dont think it happened either but its worth remembering that the Wisconsin "recall" was bullshit, they just checked the last step in the process IIRC

Barzul

Guys hows the gubernatorial election in NJ looking? Apparently it's coming up very soon. I'd assume after Bridgegate, there's no chance of a GOP win right?

Just to be clear, there is no indication (as of yet) that votes or voting machines were actually compromised right? Just that the Russians were trying to hack them?

I remember yesterday someone on MSNBC said they got a scoop that a "bomb" was going to be dropped during the hearings on Wednesday (with I think Coates, etc.). Maybe this was the "bomb"?

This is true, the report isn't definitive by any means, but it is kind of a huge deal in it's own right.

Infrastructure Week is over, it's Leak Week now.

Guys hows the gubernatorial election in NJ looking? Apparently it's coming up very soon. I'd assume after Bridgegate, there's no chance of a GOP win right?

I put GOP chances at 5%

I'm not a big fan of the Dem who's going to win but he'll be better than Christie more likely than not.

Xando

Correct. If you read the document itself it could be possible they fished someone from the software company that provides software to check voter registration

Ac30

I was looking at the GA-06 primary again and it seems that although Ossoff didn't win outright he outperformed his poll numbers by 5-6%! If that holds true somehow for the runoff, he has a good shot since he's currently up 1-2%. I wonder if pollsters have adapted their methods since then. Of course polling a primary with multiple players is quite a bit harder.

Correct. If you read the document itself it could be possible they fished someone from the software company that provides software to check voter registration

Is it bad that I want them to have messed with enough votes for Trump to win, so I can have Clinton? Wonder what happens in a situation like that.

I feel as if people are hyping this Comey thing way too much. He probably won't reveal much of anything due to ongoing investigation.

Brian Stelter‏Verified account @brianstelter 6m6 minutes ago
More
CBS, ABC, Fox broadcast networks will all carry Comey live. Source says NBC will as well, but the network isn't confirming that yet.

One of the things we saw in the election is that just getting air time is important. Comey is going to be on every network and news channel. Even if he doesn't say anything new thats yuuugggee.

Allard

Is it bad that I want them to have messed with enough votes for Trump to win, so I can have Clinton? Wonder what happens in a situation like that.

There is no legal way to do a do over for the presidency, everything we have for electing the president is in the constitution which states every four years a new presidential election is to be run. A clear line of succession is used to determine a president in between the presidential election. If the call to action is a new presidential election it would literally be a constitutional crisis and any attempt would likely sees its way to the Supreme court where it will likely get dropped as unconstitutional, nothing short of a constitutional amendment will we likely see a trigger for a new election.

Y2Kev

TLG Fan Caretaker Est. 2009
One of the things we saw in the election is that just getting air time is important. Comey is going to be on every network and news channel. Even if he doesn't say anything new thats yuuugggee.
If he has nothing people will say it's a nothijgburger

Vimes

I'm still pulling for Republicans dragging their feet long enough that we end up with First Woman President Nancy Pelosi.

Imagine the meltdowns.

Don't tell me it won't happen, I don't care.

I'm still pulling for Republicans dragging their feet long enough that we end up with First Woman President Nancy Pelosi.

Imagine the meltdowns.

If we reach that point they should make Hillary Speaker.

This is bullshit

So basically, Russia hacked the Voter Registration Data, then possibly suppressed the vote by invalidating registered democrats?

Seems like a pretty big fucking deal.

Gruco

Banned
Looks like CBS confirmed it's legit, which meaaaaans today just got a lot more exciting.
If there was legit election tampering, and I had to listen to 8 months of "real Americans" and "liberal bubbles" and "O'Malley woulda won"s and "Trump's base:still loves him"s and "shut up Hillary"s and "sorry snowflake"s for nothing...

I will probably just drop dead, for sheer hatred of a cruel universe.

For that reason alone I hope nothing like that could have happened and will choose to believe it didn't unless incontrovertible.

There is no legal way to do a do over for the presidency, everything we have for electing the president is in the constitution which states every four years a new presidential election is to be run. A clear line of succession is used to determine a president in between the presidential election. If the call to action is a new presidential election it would literally be a constitutional crisis and any attempt would likely sees its way to the Supreme court where it will likely get dropped as unconstitutional, nothing short of a constitutional amendment will we likely see a trigger for a new election.

Even if we get a new Republican president, they would be effectively neutered because of stolen election.

So basically, Russia hacked the Voter Registration Data, then possibly suppressed the vote by invalidating registered democrats?

It's possible, but we don't know if they actually did anything.

Imagine the meltdowns.

Does the coup come before or after this scenario?

B-Dubs

No Scrubs

Yea, that'd be absolutely huge. It be the most blantant proof they were rigging things for the GOP. From there, who the hell knows where we go...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom