• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2017 |OT3| 13 Treasons Why

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ryuuroden

His continual crying about the ban instead of discussing any progress on the improved vetting that was supposed to only take 90 days to begin with does a great deal in showing the true aim of the bill.

The true aim of the executive order is to make sure he can blame the courts instead of himself when another terrorist attack happens. He's intentionally making sure the courts strike it down by tweeting and shit. And no, trump is not smart and coming up with this. This has bannons dismantle the state agenda written all over it. They want a terrorist attack to happen. Any time terrorism happens, the executive and legislative branches get massive leeway from the courts in taking away civil liberties, etc.

Blader

My guess is they will keep up the charade of it all being false/vindication for another few weeks, and once it becomes clear that that isn't working/didn't vindicate him/he actually IS under investigation, move to some other dumb tactic.

Everything they do is short term.

The Sessions hearing is the real wildcard here. Largely, I know Trunpnis done but had assumed Sessions had some level of intelligence. So I'm curious what the game is with the hearing, and I'm not sure how it's going to play. It's a pretty risky move to offer it up.

Is this the same Jeff Sessions that volunteered an unrelated answer that forced him to both commit perjury and recuse himself from the FBI's Russia probe?

If today's sample is mediocre for him we could see an all-time low tomorrow. He's just a point away from his previous record (35/59, -24) and I believe the first day of today's sample was "good" for him.

There's some pretty clear volatility in the samples the past few days. Three days ago he went up two in the rolling average, then he went down two each day yesterday and today.

There's some pretty clear volatility in the samples the past few days. Three days ago he went up two in the rolling average, then he went down two each day yesterday and today.

It's always volatile day to day. There's a clear downward drift since May, though.

Except for that hilarious spike during his foreign trip and quick regression when he got back. Everyone just happy he wasn't around, lol.

smokeymicpot

Beat EviLore at pool.
https://www.wsj.com/articles/secret...nscripts-made-in-trump-white-house-1497291979

Secret Service Has No Audio Recordings or Transcripts Made in Trump White House

WASHINGTON—The U.S. Secret Service has no audio copies or transcripts of any tapes recorded within President Donald Trump’s White House, the agency said on Monday.

The agency’s response to a freedom of information request submitted by The Wall Street Journal doesn’t exclude the possibility that recordings could have been created by another entity.

The Secret Service handled recording systems within the White House for past presidents, including presidents Richard Nixon and John F. Kennedy.

sc0la

Unconfirmed Member
f553d7cc-4be9-4f80-ba0f-850d0be460c1_800.jpg
My Two Cucks

add preibus and it's:

Three Men and a Baby

It's always volatile day to day. There's a clear downward drift since May, though.

Except for that hilarious spike during his foreign trip and quick regression when he got back. Everyone just happy he wasn't around, lol.

Right, but the last several days have been particularly volatile. In a typical day the net approval changes 0-2. The last three days have been +4, -3, -3. I wouldn't read too much into it. It could just be one or two days having a funky sample and the long term trend (which, as you pointed out, is downward right now) is more important.

Slacker

The president shouldn't be allowed to delete his or her tweets, and should definitely not be allowed to block people he disagrees with.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
One poll is just one poll, but Trump is at his lows in the RCP and Pollster averages. His support is continuing to fade.

It's a super slow pace. I'll be interested to see what happens if the GOP passes AHCA.

benjipwns

Banned
Any time terrorism happens, the executive and legislative branches get massive leeway from the courts in taking away civil liberties, etc.
I don't think that's really true. The recent UK elections show that's not really the case.
The recent UK elections show that courts don't give extensive leeway to the government in restricting civil liberties in the name of national security?

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
Man, why does Bannon always look as if he's a few seconds away from crying?

He's thinking about wearing a Hugo Boss designed uniform and telling a vast orderly crowd that a Man is the sum of his ambition and ability and that through purity and strength he can make the Nation whole again.

So tomorrow's the VA Gubernatorial (I love that word) Primary:

The Dem side should be close. Northam hasn't led a public (ie. non-leaked internal!) since May, but these are not from top pollsters, and there hasn't been a lot of polls. Given that Perriello is counting on strength rural VA, my guess is that he'd have come out strong in the Early Vote *AND* in SE VA + Shenandoah Valley to overcome Northam's margins in his home area of Virginia Beach.

NoVA is a bit of a wild card. It *should* come in stronger for Northam, but if the margins are close-ish, could tip the scales to Perriello. Not sure what happens in Richmond, though that's closer to Perriello's base of support than Northam's.

On the GOP side, yesterday had the first poll with Corey Stewart beating presumed favorite Ed Gillespie. Stewart is basically a little Trump, a huge racist, and would probably guarantee that the Democrat would become governor. It's a bit hard to say what'll happen since Gillespie is the odds-on favorite, but with all of the energy on the D side and low-turnout expected on the GOP side, there's a bigger chance for something crazy to happen.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/secret...nscripts-made-in-trump-white-house-1497291979

Secret Service Has No Audio Recordings or Transcripts Made in Trump White House

WASHINGTON—The U.S. Secret Service has no audio copies or transcripts of any tapes recorded within President Donald Trump’s White House, the agency said on Monday.

The agency’s response to a freedom of information request submitted by The Wall Street Journal doesn’t exclude the possibility that recordings could have been created by another entity.

The Secret Service handled recording systems within the White House for past presidents, including presidents Richard Nixon and John F. Kennedy.

There are no tapes. We're gonna see the ultimate expression of that "lol I'm trolling u" meme.

Mizerman

He's thinking about wearing a Hugo Boss designed uniform and telling a vast orderly crowd that a Man is the sum of his ambition and ability and that through purity and strength he can make the Nation whole again.

Heh. Likely.

The Dem side should be close. Northam hasn't led a public (ie. non-leaked internal!) since May, but these are not from top pollsters, and there hasn't been a lot of polls. Given that Perriello is counting on strength rural VA, my guess is that he'd have come out strong in the Early Vote *AND* in SE VA + Shenandoah Valley to overcome Northam's margins in his home area of Virginia Beach.

NoVA is a bit of a wild card. It *should* come in stronger for Northam, but if the margins are close-ish, could tip the scales to Perriello. Not sure what happens in Richmond, though that's closer to Perriello's base of support than Northam's.

So it's basically gonna be a nail-biter.

benjipwns

Banned

On the GOP side, yesterday had the first poll with Corey Stewart beating presumed favorite Ed Gillespie. Stewart is basically a little Trump, a huge racist, and would probably guarantee that the Democrat would become governor. It's a bit hard to say what'll happen since Gillespie is the odds-on favorite, but with all of the energy on the D side and low-turnout expected on the GOP side, there's a bigger chance for something crazy to happen.
Wow. Don't even mention Cliff Hyra. Even after Sarvis went ham on the GOP's chances twice in two elections.

Typical lieberal media "protect the duopoly" coverage I would expect from whyamihere news channel.

Odds that

Trump fires special Counsel Mueller this week.

Trump fires all special Counsel appointees.

Sessions and Trump Claim executive privileged tomorrow, and talk about nothing.

GOP claim its within his right, and hide the fact that they all colluded with russia to win eelctions

not sure if my lesson from Thursday should be that hope is alive or that good things only happen when I accept that they won't

Would Stewart's victory or concession speech include cuck?

benjipwns

Banned
Wow. Don't even mention Cliff Hyra. Even after Sarvis went ham on the GOP's chances twice in two elections.

Typical lieberal media "protect the duopoly" coverage I would expect from whyamihere news channel.
WOAH THERE BUDDY, did you even read his website?
a socially inclusive, fiscally responsible, mainstream Libertarian running for Governor of Virginia. He is an intellectual property lawyer
His name may be just one letter away from Hydra but this is NO TRUE LIBERTARIAN.

benjipwns

Banned
WOAH THERE BUDDY, did you even read his website?

His name may be just one letter away from Hydra but this is NO TRUE LIBERTARIAN.
Thanks, almost threw my vote away by moving to Virginia, establishing residency and starting a life, registering to vote and voting in November.

benjipwns

Banned
I get the feeling this isn't the first time he's bizarrely talked to himself like this.
No, last time I did it so blatantly around here it wound up with like three people banned for following me around into other threads "calling me out" over it. So I try to remember that joke breaks people on here.

If you are Cyan I'm quitting GAF.
I said moderator alt account, not administrator alt account.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
New PPP poll: AHCA popularity at 24%

42/29 popularity among republicans. Horrible numbers.

Also:

By a 24 pt margin, voters say they're less likely to vote for a member of Congress next year if they supported AHCA.

Democrats lead generic Congressional ballot 50-40. Among voters who are 'very excited' about 2018, lead is 57-39.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom