• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2017 |OT3| 13 Treasons Why

Status
Not open for further replies.
New PPP poll: AHCA popularity at 24%

42/29 popularity among republicans. Horrible numbers.

Also:

By a 24 pt margin, voters say they're less likely to vote for a member of Congress next year if they supported AHCA.

Democrats lead generic Congressional ballot 50-40. Among voters who are 'very excited' about 2018, lead is 57-39.

Only 42 among Republicans is disaster territory.

benjipwns

Banned
Melania and Barron are both tall. 5-10 iirc.

In another picture of that you can see that Barron's already got way bigger hands than his dad.

One reason Barron looks taller in these shots is because he's not in a suit that doesn't fit like on election night and the last year, I'm sure we all remember that problem as kids, only our dad was never a mega celebrity and our shitty poorly fitting suits appearing on TV in front of billions.

Melania and Barron are both tall. 5-10 iirc.

In another picture of that you can see that Barron's already got way bigger hands than his dad.

One reason Barron looks taller in these shots is because he's not in a suit that doesn't fit like on election night and the last year, I'm sure we all remember that problem as kids, only our dad was never a mega celebrity and our shitty poorly fitting suits appearing on TV in front of billions.
I mean benji if I went to an elementary school and saw a kid that was taller than me I'd be freaked out no matter what.

Also:

By a 24 pt margin, voters say they're less likely to vote for a member of Congress next year if they supported AHCA.

Democrats lead generic Congressional ballot 50-40. Among voters who are 'very excited' about 2018, lead is 57-39.
Also, 47-43 support for impeaching Trump who only has a 41/52 approval rating.

Comey's favorability surged to 40/37 (24/40 last month) so good luck trying to pick a fight with him.

Biden beats Trump in 2020 54-41. Sanders does so 51-41. As the candidates are lesser known, they do worse, but Trump doesn't improve much against Warren (who beats him 46-43) or at all against Booker (43-41) or Harris (42-41). Interestingly they swapped out Franken for Harris this time around. Also voters say they'd rather have Obama as president by a 53-41 margin - starting to sense a pattern here with that Trump support. Trump has his diehards approving of him and voting for him and no one else.

Looking forward to Trump Modi handshake. Here's Modi after destroying Prince William's hand

modi-prince.jpg

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Also, 47-43 support for impeaching Trump who only has a 41/52 approval rating.

Comey's favorability surged to 40/37 (24/40 last month) so good luck trying to pick a fight with him.

Biden beats Trump in 2020 54-41. Sanders does so 51-41. As the candidates are lesser known, they do worse, but Trump doesn't improve much against Warren (who beats him 46-43) or at all against Booker (43-41) or Harris (42-41). Interestingly they swapped out Franken for Harris this time around. Also voters say they'd rather have Obama as president by a 53-41 margin - starting to sense a pattern here with that Trump support. Trump has his diehards approving of him and voting for him and no one else.

My man.

benjipwns

Banned
You guys Sean Hannity is complaining about the Soros-Clinton Machine attacking his free speech and how Bill Maher used the n word and nobody has even mentioned that.

See, this is why you gotta wallow in the muck. There's gems hidden. #STOPTHESCALPING

Looks like Jezza is already having a positive benefit on politics across the pond

Senate Minority Leader Charles Schumer (D-N.Y.) is throwing his support behind a push to block part of President Trump's $110 billion arms sale to Saudi Arabia.

“The human rights and humanitarian concerns have been well documented and are important: of equal concern to me is that the Saudi government continues to aid and abet terrorism via its relationship with Wahhabism and the funding of schools that spread extremist propaganda throughout the world," Schumer said in a statement.

The Senate is expected to vote this week on a resolution of disapproval from Sens. Rand Paul (R-Ky.), Chris Murphy (D-Conn.) and Al Franken (D-Minn.) that would block a small part of the deal signed by Trump during his recent visit to Riyadh.
iirc this failed 79-21 when Murphy tried to stop it under Obama so we'll see how it goes this time. A few Republicans actually voted against it last time too so in theory if every Democrat got behind stopping this and no Republican changed their mind they could block this, but that obviously won't actually happen.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
All the more reason that the 2020 nominee needs to have their own Biden for VP.

We better start giving Al Franken a nickname a la Diamond Joe.

My dream scenario is Biden/Franken in 2020 with Franken stepping up to run in 2024.

Or, just pick Biden for VP again. I could get behind a Kander/Biden ticket.

Or, we go full crazy: Biden/Sanders. Market it like the "Grumpy Old Men" films.

Plinko

Haley Byrd‏Verified account @byrdinator

A reporter asks Sen. Lindsey Graham if he knows any details on the Senate GOP health care bill. "None." Would you like to know more? "No."

Incredible.

Ogodei

So tomorrow's the VA Gubernatorial (I love that word) Primary:

The Dem side should be close. Northam hasn't led a public (ie. non-leaked internal!) since May, but these are not from top pollsters, and there hasn't been a lot of polls. Given that Perriello is counting on strength rural VA, my guess is that he'd have come out strong in the Early Vote *AND* in SE VA + Shenandoah Valley to overcome Northam's margins in his home area of Virginia Beach.

NoVA is a bit of a wild card. It *should* come in stronger for Northam, but if the margins are close-ish, could tip the scales to Perriello. Not sure what happens in Richmond, though that's closer to Perriello's base of support than Northam's.

On the GOP side, yesterday had the first poll with Corey Stewart beating presumed favorite Ed Gillespie. Stewart is basically a little Trump, a huge racist, and would probably guarantee that the Democrat would become governor. It's a bit hard to say what'll happen since Gillespie is the odds-on favorite, but with all of the energy on the D side and low-turnout expected on the GOP side, there's a bigger chance for something crazy to happen.

I heard a Stewart ad on the radio Sunday morning, it was something else. Guy thinks he can win in a state Trump lost?

Ernest

Banned
My dream scenario is Biden/Franken in 2020 with Franken stepping up to run in 2024.

Or, just pick Biden for VP again. I could get behind a Kander/Biden ticket.

Or, we go full crazy: Biden/Sanders. Market it like the "Grumpy Old Men" films.
Dude, c'mon, be realistic, Biden will be fucking eighty in 2020!

Trump is the oldest to be president when first elected, and even that is only 70.

Ogodei

Also:

Why in the hell is the Senate moving on this, again?

Some feel good news in the future would be Barron growing up to disavow his father's beliefs and then run as a progressive in 30 or 40 for something to try and cleanse the name.

He can do what he wants ultimately and should be given the chance.

Kevinroc

Incredible.

Related.

https://twitter.com/sahilkapur/status/874377162274603010

ME: Have you seen details of the Senate health care bill?

RON JOHNSON: No.

ME: Does that concern you?

RON JOHNSON: Yes.

- -

Sen. Ron Johnson on health care: "I want to know exactly what's in the Senate bill. I don't know yet."

"It's not a good process," he says.

- -

The process is so secretive that even Republican senators are out of the loop on what's in the health care bill.

- -

"We know this is not the best way to do health care," says @LindseyGrahamSC. "But it's the way we're having to do it."

Ogodei

I guess this is what happens when "party over country" goes to a point so self-destructive that you don't care what dignity you have to cede as long as you come out with a win?

Crocodile

The real gut punch is that the GOP DON'T have to do it this way. They can work with Dems to actually improve Obamacare, fix the flaws, stabilize the markets, increase coverage, help people AND give themselves/Trump a political win. Instead they would rather murder millions of people and probably lose a shit-ton of seats in upcoming elections for tax cuts. Monsters.

Some feel good news in the future would be Barron growing up to disavow his father's beliefs and then run as a progressive in 30 or 40 for something to try and cleanse the name.

He can do what he wants ultimately and should be given the chance.

If you don't think Barron is going to become a serial killer, I got a bridge to sell you.

The real gut punch is that the GOP DON'T have to do it this way. They can work with Dems to actually improve Obamacare, fix the flaws, stabilize the markets, increase coverage, help people AND give themselves/Trump a political win. Instead they would rather murder millions of people and probably lose a shit-ton of seats in upcoming elections for tax cuts. Monsters.

You're thinking of conservative ideology as "let's incentivize market-based solutions to the country's problems because leveraging rational self-interest will solve things more efficiently than if the government does the whole thing itself." That model is pretty much gone and replaced by a belief that whoever can manage to survive of the scraps left behind by billionaires should be grateful for the privilege of not being devoured yet. The responsible solution isn't really an option for these people.

Plinko

Dude, c'mon, be realistic, Biden will be fucking eighty in 2020!

Trump is the oldest to be president when first elected, and even that is only 70.

He'll be 78, actually.

I'm going to be quite honest--I'm a bit confused by the ageism in here.

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
Did you see McCain trying to ask Comey questions?

People of that age can easily be fully mentally functional.
On the other hand, it can be hidden pretty well during a campaign...

Or in the case of Trump, nobody give a fuck when he has a fake doctor's note.

pigeon

Banned
He'll be 78, actually.

I'm going to be quite honest--I'm a bit confused by the ageism in here.

When did it become ageism to observe that people who are 78 are actually subject to physical and mental deterioration and risk of sudden death? 78 is really fucking old!

Also frankly I'm tired of the Boomers ruining the country.

They're so short sighted it's almost impressive. In their mind it's all about a giant tax cut and being able to say they did what they promised. Thy could have just as easily campaigned on "Fix Obamacare" but they just want to shot on Obamas legacy, and I have a feeling most working class whites thing Obamacare only benefits minorities.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom