• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2017 |OT3| 13 Treasons Why

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you think republican voters will care enough to vote democrat? or that half the country will suddenly care and register to vote?

My confidence in the american people is at an all time low, and the Trump Administration seems to be unconcerned.
We don't need them to vote democrat, we just need them to stay home

Ossof needs to blast the ga airwaves with attack ads calling Handel a tyrant supporter who wants this country to burn. if this shit doesn't hype up liberals, not sure what else will.

Ah that would explain it. Singal seems like a good smart guy except for the part where he has doubled down, tripled down, and then quintupled down on writing really bad takes about transgender people, despite the fact that people have politely and then irately told him that he's actually dangerously wrong. This most recent thing sprung up precisely because Singal was defending Tuvel's complete nonsense essay

Well, I read Tuvel's paper and thought it was pretty well-argued and that none of the takes contrary to it have remotely engaged it in any kind of intellectually rigorous or honest way and that the "takes" on Singal's "harm" that I've read have been largely ridiculous, histrionic nonsense, but this isn't the time nor place to discuss it. Feel free to PM if you want to hash this out further, but I suspect we'll not find much common ground on this if this is your take.

Comey's people in the Bureau aren't going to take this lying down.

Don't panic until it's for real revolution time to grab guns and then don't panic just shoot accurately.

Fox318

That's the reasoning Trump/Sessions/Rosenstein gave

People need to watch and understand what message the people are hearing.

They are having people who claim they've heard on the news from sources that the Russian stuff is baloney

That's what they hear and what they see.

kess

Comey better had set up a data killswitch in case this happened. I can't imagine him being a slave to protocol now.

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
I guess now democrats are going to have to prepare for 10 times the comey letter for any upcoming election.

I'm going to write the nicest letter ever conceived to McMaster and ask him (as politely as possible) to....maybe not let Trump destroy our democracy.

Wish me luck.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Claude Taylor‏ @TrueFactsStated

Just hearing back from a source on this. "Comey was ready. He anticipated this".

My guess is some foreign intelligence community probably has whatever Comey et al had up to this point. Remember--the dossier is what provided much of the information for this investigation. Foreign ICs probably have more.

Emerson

May contain jokes =>
My guess is some foreign intelligence community probably has whatever Comey et al had up to this point. Remember--the dossier is what provided much of the information for this investigation. Foreign ICs probably have more.

That guy is also claiming indictments have already been filed. Not sure how reliable he is.

jtb

Banned
haven't we learned our lesson about sourcing random twitter eggs that scream about RUSSIA and TREASON at the top of their lungs

JP_

Banned
Comey better had set up a data killswitch in case this happened. I can't imagine him being a slave to protocol now.

What could have possibly given you the impression that Comey is willing to break protocol? I think it's foolish to expect some master plan of his to save the day. Nobody's going to save us. Not Comey, not Obama, not dems. PEOPLE need to get off their asses and make it happen.

Pyrokai

What does this actually mean? I can't figure it out. Are we more fucked or less fucked? Surely this is what pushes everything over the edge, right?

Emerson

May contain jokes =>
haven't we learned our lesson about sourcing random twitter eggs that scream about RUSSIA and TREASON at the top of their lungs

I mean, he's not a random Twitter egg. He's apparently a staffer of multiple administrations.

Not saying he's reliable, but he's not nobody either.

JP_

Banned
What does this actually mean? I can't figure it out. Are we more fucked or less fucked? Surely this is what pushes everything over the edge, right?

More fucked. It's certainly not pushing any of the GOP over the edge -- they're all scum that put party over country.

Blader

What could have possibly given you the impression that Comey is willing to break protocol? I think it's foolish to expect some master plan of his to save the day. Nobody's going to save us. Not Comey, not Obama, not dems. PEOPLE need to get off their asses and make it happen.
Uh, did you forget about his two serious breaches of protocol last year?

A political scientist on Twitter thinks Comey's "mild nausea" comment caused the firing.

The timing works and Trump is so desperately insecure about 2016...

I really really want to believe it, but at this point the "Republicans plan on canceling future elections and everything they do now is in anticipation of and in preparation for that" explanation feels more real to me.

I really really want to believe it, but at this point the "Republicans plan on canceling future elections and everything they do now is in anticipation of and in preparation for that" explanation feels more real to me.

I've learned with the Trump administration to never assume some kind of master plan and always assume it's a deranged, moronic, petty man making all the decisions.

Owzers

The same republicans who want to cut Medicaid to fund tax cuts for the rich are going to save the country from...

Let's see how the 2018 elections go.

royalan

Watching Republicans defend Hillary Clinton is such a mind fuck right now

Fuck that.

And if there were ever a time for Hillary and Barack to wade back into American politics, now is it. People need to know how serious and fucking terrifying this is. And simply comparing it to Watergate won't work. Nobody today gives a fuck about Watergate. This is something different, and potentially far worse.

We need the biggest voices shouting from the rooftops here.

A GOP that will cancel elections would nuke the filibuster and eliminate Medicare and Social Security.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom