• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PoliGAF 2017 |OT3| 13 Treasons Why

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slacker

Some GOP have some hope.

Moderate GOPer Charlie Dent: Firing "both confounding and troubling, and it is now harder to resist calls for an independent investigation."

https://twitter.com/jonathanweisman/status/862321025253552128

Talk is cheap. Let's see a Republican stand up to Trump's blatant conflicts of interest. Let's see a Republican vote to force Trump to produce his tax returns. Let's see one demand Ivanka and Jared be fired. Let's see one sponsor a bill saying a president can't make money from using a property he owns for official business.

And let's see a Republican stand up and say enough is enough, Trump has to go, even if we lose support of the troglodytes that helped get him elected. And if we can't win elections without the racist scum who will follow him off a cliff, so be it.

I have absolutely zero confidence that the Republican party can be saved. My hope is that Democrats can marginalize them enough that we can ignore them completely. A political system with liberals and conservatives who both love their country do their best to make it a better place can work. A system where one party wants to screw the country to give themselves more power does not. Any elected official who is willing to call themselves a Republican under Donald Trump loses all respect from me. They need to go, every single one of them.

smokeymicpot

Beat EviLore at pool.
Talk is cheap. Let's see a Republican stand up to Trump's blatant conflicts of interest. Let's see a Republican vote to force Trump to produce his tax returns. Let's see one demand Ivanka and Jared be fired. Let's see one sponsor a bill saying a president can't make money from using a property he owns for official business.

And let's see a Republican stand up and say enough is enough, Trump has to go, even if we lose support of the troglodytes that helped get him elected. And if we can't win elections without the racist scum who will follow him off a cliff, so be it.

I have absolutely zero confidence that the Republican party can be saved. My hope is that Democrats can marginalize them enough that we can ignore them completely. A political system with liberals and conservatives who both love their country do their best to make it a better place can work. A system where one party wants to screw the country to give themselves more power does not. Any elected official who is willing to call themselves a Republican under Donald Trump loses all respect from me. They need to go, every single one of them.

Talk is cheap but I hope some have a fucking backbone. This is the time to finally stand up.

#URGENT: Burr tells CNN that Acting FBI Director McCabe will testify tomorrow in place of Comey

https://twitter.com/CarolCNN/status/862324420836118529

I swear, if this were a sketch on SNL even two weeks ago, people would have thought it was over the top.

(SNL needs to hurry and make this a sketch.)

Melissa is hosting this week so you are in luck.

https://twitter.com/maggieNYT/status/862324418789376001
Pence played a key role in this with Trump yesterday, per two ppl close to discussions

Wilsongt

On the plus side, I guess we won't have to hear about Russia anymore.

Now the Justice Department will focus on blacks killing white cops.

chadskin

C_eXPgqXgAAlT2R.jpg

https://twitter.com/RusEmbUSA/status/862324158646165506

That's the Russian ambassador Sergey Kislyak.

Wilsongt

CBO score for AHCA to be released in two weeks. I'm guessing 40 million lose healthcare, what say you all?

I would say it will be about the same as it was with the medicaid loss and choosing not to have health care being the same split. Maybe 1 or 2 extra million small business losses due to not being able to afford premium increases for PEC.

If you are already on health insurance through work, I don't think the insurance company can kick you off for your PEC. They'll just raise your premium. It's people who try to go find new healthcare which are SOL.

Totakeke

It's unclear to me how benji was trolling by sharing his opinion that this firing is not a big deal in terms of the integrity of the US democratic system.

Why are people running down the Sessions letter?

Deride the fact that there is obvious corruption at the heart of this all you like, but the Sessions letter is literally what would have been written by a liberal, Hillary-appointed Attorney General had she chosen to replace Comey. That we know the actual motives are impure does not change the fact that it's about as objective and good a rationale for firing Comey as one could write.

Of course it's unclear to you because you posted the same kind of stuff. I don't know why you guys pretend it's crazy that context matters to most people. What is the goal of posting stuff like that repeatedly? We're not in a courtroom setting arguing laws. It feels like trolling because the end goal feels like getting everyone to agree that "theres nothing to see here" when we know it's everything but.

Blader

Why would the uninsured rate be so much higher than the first AHCA? Didn't the first version also make steep cuts to Medicaid?

Not even trying to hide it at this point

Well it'd be weird for the Russian ambassador not to be present during a meeting between the U.S. president and the Russian foreign minister.

Why would the uninsured rate be so much higher than the first AHCA? Didn't the first version also make steep cuts to Medicaid?

Well it'd be weird for the Russian ambassador not to be present during a meeting between the U.S. president and the Russian foreign minister.

It'd be even more weird to block US media and allow only Russian media to attend.

smokeymicpot

Beat EviLore at pool.
Is this basically his job interview? If he says anything negative about Trump he's done. If he says the investigation found nothing and it's over, he keeps the job.

Sessions wants his own guy in probably so hopefully this guy will protect the Russian Investigation.

Of course it's unclear to you because you posted the same kind of stuff. I don't know why you guys pretend it's crazy that context matters to most people. What is the goal of posting stuff like that repeatedly? We're not in a courtroom setting arguing laws. It feels like trolling because the end goal feels like getting everyone to agree that "theres nothing to see here" when we know it's everything but.

Uhhh I don't know if you saw my subsequent post where I said that of course the letter does not express the actual motivation for the firings, and was only asking why people were specifically freaking out about the not at all insane Rosenstein letter and claiming it said Comey was fired because Hillary wasn't in jail?

I don't want everybody to agree "there's nothing to see here", and I doubt benji is, either. Creating an opening to potentially appoint somebody who could kibosh an investigation into your actions during and following your presidential campaign obviously reeks of crookedness. Pointing out people being hyperbolic and/or histrionic is hardly "trolling", however.

smokeymicpot

Beat EviLore at pool.
https://www.nytimes.com/2017/05/10/us/politics/comey-russia-investigation-fbi.html

Days Before He Was Fired, Comey Asked for Money for Russia Investigation

WASHINGTON — Days before he was fired, James B. Comey, the former F.B.I. director, asked the Justice Department for a significant increase in money and personnel for the bureau’s investigation into Russia’s interference in the presidential election, according to three officials with knowledge of his request.

Mr. Comey asked for the resources during a meeting last week with Rod Rosenstein, the deputy attorney general who wrote the Justice Department’s memo that was used to justify the firing of the F.B.I. director this week.

Mr. Comey then briefed members of Congress on the meeting in recent days.

chadskin

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/05/10/us/politics/comey-russia-investigation-fbi.html

WASHINGTON — Days before he was fired, James B. Comey, the former F.B.I. director, asked the Justice Department for a significant increase in money and personnel for the bureau’s investigation into Russia’s interference in the presidential election, according to three officials with knowledge of his request.

Mr. Comey asked for the resources during a meeting last week with Rod Rosenstein, the deputy attorney general who wrote the Justice Department’s memo that was used to justify the firing of the F.B.I. director this week.

Here we go.

Totakeke

Uhhh I don't know if you saw my subsequent post where I said that of course the letter does not express the actual motivation for the firings, and was only asking why people were specifically freaking out about the not at all insane Rosenstein letter and claiming it said Comey was fired because Hillary wasn't in jail?

I don't want everybody to agree "there's nothing to see here", and I doubt benji is, either. Creating an opening to potentially appoint somebody who could kibosh an investigation into your actions during and following your presidential campaign obviously reeks of crookedness. Pointing out people being hyperbolic and/or histrionic is hardly "trolling", however.

Because not everyone is equipped to talk about the issues in the same depth and detail and all the concerns about being not precise enough about the technicalities appear to attempt to divert focus of the discussion away from the actual crookedness that's happening. Whether that is the intention or not I do not know, but that's how it appears to me. In other words, "why are we giving a shit about this right now?" If that discussion is really important to people, open it up in a separate discussion thread or something.

chadskin

CNN now says Comey was fired THE DAY AFTER HE ASKED FOR MORE MONEY OMG

Burr and Warner urged Comey to speed up Russia inquiry; Comey asked Rosenstein for more resources. Next day, Comey fired, per @SaraMurray
https://twitter.com/mkraju/status/862333694899621889

Talk is cheap but I hope some have a fucking backbone. This is the time to finally stand up.

#URGENT: Burr tells CNN that Acting FBI Director McCabe will testify tomorrow in place of Comey

https://twitter.com/CarolCNN/status/862324420836118529

Melissa is hosting this week so you are in luck.

https://twitter.com/maggieNYT/status/862324418789376001
Pence played a key role in this with Trump yesterday, per two ppl close to discussions

I assume McCabe will carry on the investigation until Trump gets a new person in?

benjipwns

Banned
Of course it's unclear to you because you posted the same kind of stuff. I don't know why you guys pretend it's crazy that context matters to most people. What is the goal of posting stuff like that repeatedly?
To add the context for how this isn't the end of the Republic?

If this is your standard, the Republic's been dead for centuries already.

It's like Benghazi. Republicans are screaming about it and demanding investigations, Democrats are saying nothing to see here or whatever it was you know. Meanwhile, I want to know in just broadstrokes what we were doing at that CIA Annex that got it deliberately targeted in the first place among other things such as why we didn't stop long before that we blissfully justify because "that's all part of the policy." Such as the whole part where we were murdering people in a foreign country. Ya know? Because process here not what matters.

Trump has effectively ordered the murder of 1500 civilians in Iraq/Syria, a shame, but we need a strong foreign policy and Assad is ISIS are evil. And he's so Presidential! Those beautiful missiles!

Trump fires someone who's a Presidential appointee, time for the violent protests, TREASON, this is how democracy dies! (But yet, [Nixon reference/politics in investigations], how is that not Presidential I wonder?)

It's funny. On election night, after it was clear Trump was winning. Somebody here made a great joke. "Oh no, now benji's on our side." But that's what it always was. I try to remember my history.

Lo-Volt

Crazy that this is news we're basically going to have to skip over, but more sour polling for the AHCA, from Politico. I think it's an R-leaning pollster but it's going in the wrong direction for the Republicans anyway:

POLITICO/Morning Consult said:
Only 38 percent of voters approve of the GOP-drafted health care bill, the new poll shows — down from 42 percent last week, prior to the House’s party-line vote to advance the measure. Forty-four percent of voters disapprove of the bill, up significantly from 37 percent last month. Eighteen percent of voters say they don’t know or have no opinion of the bill.

Totakeke

To add the context for how this isn't the end of the Republic?

If this is your standard, the Republic's been dead for centuries already.

It's like Benghazi. Republicans are screaming about it and demanding investigations, Democrats are saying nothing to see here or whatever it was you know. Meanwhile, I want to know in just broadstrokes what we were doing at that CIA Annex that got it deliberately targeted in the first place among other things such as why we didn't stop long before that we blissfully justify because "that's all part of the policy." Such as the whole part where we were murdering people in a foreign country. Ya know? Because process here not what matters.

Trump has effectively ordered the murder of 1500 civilians in Iraq/Syria, a shame, but we need a strong foreign policy and Assad is ISIS are evil. And he's so Presidential! Those beautiful missiles!

Trump fires someone who's a Presidential appointee, time for the violent protests, TREASON, this is how democracy dies! (But yet, [Nixon reference/politics in investigations], how is that not Presidential I wonder?)

It's funny. On election night, after it was clear Trump was winning. Somebody here made a great joke. "Oh no, now benji's on our side." But that's what it always was. I try to remember my history.

Some people are overreacting. As much I want to I'm not going into the thread and talking about how the silver lining is that Trump is so incompetent at all this and we should all celebrate.

Nafai1123

Banned
Uh oh. All you delusional people saying a half hour ago that Comey not testifying doesn't mean the investigation is being burried better make up a new fantasy reality to push and fast.

Maybe you still think it's just being rescheduled.

Do you get off shitting on peoples hope for justice? All of your posts in the Comey thread have the same tone of superiority to them. How dare we have hope, we must be delusional morons, right?

Do you get off shitting on peoples hope for justice? All of your posts in the Comey thread have the same tone of superiority to them. How dare we have hope, we must be delusional morons, right?

I'm convinced posters like that are Trump supporters trying to fly under the radar, but still get kicks from reveling in "liberal tears" or whatever they do. It's the exact same tone and same posting structure just without #MAGA or such junk as that.

Pixieking

Banned
Crazy that this is news we're basically going to have to skip over, but more sour polling for the AHCA, from Politico. I think it's an R-leaning pollster but it's going in the wrong direction for the Republicans anyway:

I wonder if and how the Comey firing will affect the AHCA. The GOP are just doing shrug emoji about Comey at this point, with a little bluster, but I wonder if this'll split the tentative unification that was happening with trying to pass the AHCA? Or whether it'll just unify the party more, even as they make a little distance away from Trump.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket

Being realistic. Not going to rely on some false hope of Republicans doing the right thing. Call out this corruption and every single Republican helping in the cover-up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom