• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

September Wrasslin |OT| The one night a year when every table will be on the line

Since when is Jericho a new face?

Spoilers. And also when they tweeted out a "new" face to come to battle, they meant bringing someone new into the feud and not a new person. Simple tweet to understand IMO. Either way, he's still a good worker regardless of age and isn't involved in a title match so it's fine. Whatever.

Have Wyatts win because Jericho sucks, Reigns breaks and spears Jericho, squashing him in a feud to complete his turn
as a babyface

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
zb.gif

acrid

Banned
Fingers crossed for Big Poppa Pump, The Big Booty Daddy, The genetic Freak Scott Steiner being the third man.
Is there any reason he would be? Are there any substantiated rumors floating around that wwe wants him? Just curious as ive heard his name tossed in there several times.

My hopes -
- The Dudleyz win the tag team match cause that would mean more Dudleyz v New Day.
- Tonight is the final night of #RollinsEra and leads to Rollins taking a couple of weeks off.
- Sheamus cash in immediately after Sting wins. A nice final fuck you to WCW from Vinnie Mac.
- The Bellabration continues. I liked Charlotte in her matches with Nattie, but I really don't want to see her with the belt just yet. If Nikki has to lose, then anything is better than Paige I guess.

Fae Five vigilante moments from Sting's career?

1. Knocking DDP off the top the the three tier cage to help Jimmy King win the title.

and that's all that matters.

Is there any reason he would be? Are there any substantiated rumors floating around that wwe wants him? Just curious as ive heard his name tossed in there several times.

No, in fact they want nothing to do with him after the whole threatening Hogan's wife thing.

I wonder how mad Vince was when Booker T said that he held the World and US belts at the same time too. They need Booker back on Raw too. Bryon is garbage.

"Seth doesn't wrestle as a heel" is the worst fucking meme and I blame John Cena.

I'll not go as far as strotacos, who has a horrid tendency to overexaggerate to make points, but Seth is mediocre at best as a wrestling heel. His taunts are generic, he doesn't slow a match down to let the crowd see all the brutal shit he's doing, he doesn't work the babyface over in just the right way to make the crowd want to see him get his comeuppance, he doesn't deny the crowd his signature spots or change his spots up in such a way as to antagonize, etc. When he was in The Shield, his jumping and flippy stuff was done in a very low-key way, but he's doing things like enziguris and suicide dives on the regular as the top heel, and not even in a particularly heelish way.

Edit: I prob won't be watching the show, but fuck Jericho. Great wrestler in his prime, had one of the best feuds of the 2000s with HBK, but man, has he eroded pretty much all his good will with years and years of mediocre, pandering, performatively-middling part-time runs, not to mention his cringeworthy forays into mainstream entertainment. Odd how a guy who has all the tools to be a big crossover star is just so unlikable. He's got this innately douchey quality that is perfect for a wrestling character, but not so much as some beloved nostalgic figure, which is, incidentally, why his part-time runs never work.

klonere

Banned
I'll not go as far as strotacos, who has a horrid tendency to overexaggerate to make points, but Seth is mediocre at best as a wrestling heel. His taunts are generic, he doesn't slow a match down to let the crowd see all the brutal shit he's doing, he doesn't work the babyface over in just the right way to make the crowd want to see him get his comeuppance, he doesn't deny the crowd his signature spots or change his spots up in such a way as to antagonize, etc. When he was in The Shield, his jumping and flippy stuff was done in a very low-key way, but he's doing things like enziguris and suicide dives on the regular as the top heel, and not even in a particularly heelish way.

I'll meet you half way - he definitely doesn't wrestle as a heel, being brutal or mean or cheating but he isn't super face. He didn't dive to the outside in any of his pre Summerslam stuff IIRC but yes, his signature stuff was all the same. He was kinda lucky that the Curb Stomp is a very heel move in its own right. And of course The Pedigree has its history.

Seth doesn't really wrestle a strong, identifiable style. He isn't a strong, identifiable character. Still, I like him, a lot. He's just in an unenviable position of being booked like a transitional champ while holding on the the belt for longer than most.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Fingers crossed for Big Poppa Pump, The Big Booty Daddy, The genetic Freak Scott Steiner being the third man.

The guy WWE banned from the Hall of Fame ceremony? Good luck with that.

Never wins clean
Delusional to the point of hilarity
Never presented as "the guy" (subservient to HHH + Steph)
Lost to Heath Slater
Lost to his own security team
Squashed by Brock
None of that says transitional though. Most of that shit is due to him being a damn heel. Does losing to Slater actually mean anything?

acrid

Banned
FWIW, relating to the 3rd man mystery, saw on my facebook feed earlier that wwe is interested in bringing back Carlito.

espher

Honestly I would be fine with Seth's current heel persona/image if it wasn't for the fact that he's out ranting too often for too long. I dread it now and his time on the mic was imo far better before he had the belts.

Honestly I would be fine with Seth's current heel persona/image if it wasn't for the fact that he's out ranting too often for too long. I dread it now and his time on the mic was imo far better before he had the belts.
He's had the problem of talking too much since The Shield split. It's only become worse since then. He's basically Bray tier for me any time he's on the mic. I just tune him out or FFWD.
Be champ for half a year "TRANSITIONAL"
Lol. Seth also gets multiple segments throughout the show too.

Top Bottom