• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Silent Hill 2 Remake releases October 8th 2024! | State of Play

No one ever said the room was bad, especially compared to what followed. Many of the complaints were around the weapon system and busted targeting but the story about how he was a sacrifice was praised.
Weapon system is fine and targeting is fine. The Water Prison puzzle is cumbersome and the limited inventory is a pain in the ass though.

RaduN

Wow!

There is so much that's wrong about this (ignoring the crappy graphics and animations) that's almost interesting how clueless these devs are.

They clearly haven't played the originial, or if they did, they understood zero, zip.

It's a fucking disgrace.

Still hoping Xbox restarts the BC program and gets the OK from Konami and the OG Xbox versions of Silent Hill 2 and 4 BC which means it would get rendered in 4k.
Burgess Meredith Meme GIF

sachos

I think it looks ok, some of those enviroments look awesome and the fog seems to look good too but there is something weird with the animations. The walk cycle animation, the way he holds the gun, the gun models it feels really clunky to see. The way his hair looks, its like its glowing/metalic, really weird. Right now its looking like a 70-75 game to me max.

Whats wrong with you people every time this game gets footage you people bitch and boohoo wine and cry. I just watched about 5 min of the transmission preview on my phone and it looked awesome. It's not a ps3 game. It looks great.

Also it doesn't need to look like death stranding or whatnot it just needs to look better than it did back in 2002 by a few gens and in that it succeeds. I'm hyped. I swear you people are either hating because Sony exclusive, hating because konami. Or hating because of being graphics whores and don't care about the actual game and other elements.

Angela was off putting, some serious downgrade from the original. I really want this game to be good, fucking love SH2, and I have enjoyed Bloobers past games, but everytime they show off SH2 it goes from bad to worse. The graphics, the character models, the action, the atmosphere, it's not really there. Something is off. And they still haven't shown Maria. But after seeing Angela Im not sure I want to. Fucking hell Bloobers, you had one job.
Ughhh she was in the transmissions preview. They showed them walking into the hospital together. Did I watch something else as it looked like re4 remake quality from my phone at least. ?

Last edited:

Dr. Claus

Banned
Whats wrong with you people every time this game gets footage you people bitch and boohoo wine and cry. I just watched about 5 min of the transmission preview on my phone and it looked awesome. It's not a ps3 game. It looks great.

Also it doesn't need to look like death stranding or whatnot it just needs to look better than it did back in 2002 by a few gens and in that it succeeds. I'm hyped. I swear you people are either hating because Sony exclusive, hating because konami. Or hating because of being graphics whores and don't care about the actual game and other elements.

There is plenty to criticize about the game, to be fair. Animations are jank, the usage of cancerous ideologically driven "consultancy groups" is beyond retarded, and a few scenes feel like they are more over the top than the creeping dread that SH is known for.

But there are a lot of people who just hate the game because its Bloober or because it doesn't look like Horizon. Those people should be rightfully dismissed.

I'm literally amazed how you can give Konami the benefit of the doubt after all that's happened. There has not been a universally liked SH concept since PT and that's saying something!

Last edited:

decisions

God it looks so fucking bad. How did this happen to this game…

The animations, combat, and frame rate all look subpar at best. And the tone of the original game is not there. Weird slight cel-shading to the graphics.

The character from the back looks like cell shaded ? The animations are from ps2 era I mean cmon Konami we know u were shit but didn't knew it was this bad

Jesb

Looks like a complete pass. Not even sure I’d play this for free. There’s so much better options right now more deserving of your money. Speaking of which I think I’m gonna grab alone in the dark for my next horror fix.

Yeah but Silent Hill 1 - 4 had a certain vibe that was "yes, that's Silent Hill" for me. And for a supposed remake of Silent Hill 2, this does not feel like Silent Hill 2 at all. At least to me.
Maybe you forget all the Silent Hill media that has released after PS2/Xbox. Even on those systems Silent Hill 4 had different gameplay structure, mechanics, and horror inspirations. Silent Hill 3 had vastly different enemies and plot elements that flipped the cannon of Silent Hill on its head. Even the second had no discernable connection to the first outside of setting and had a very unreliable narrator. The only things that were constant were the movement direction being poorly tied to semi-fixed camera, map marking, and loading between rooms.

Last edited:
If that is the upper limit of it I am pleasantly surprised. They changed a tacky, risque outfit into something more practical and casual. Meanwhile, RE4 VR was censored to hell, RE2R turned Ada into a cunt, and RE4R fucked up Ada's characterization completely without any such consultants.

Last edited:

xrnzaaas

I'll wait for a deep sale to have some fun experiencing how they massacred the original.

Last edited:

SJRB

Gold Member
How are they so bad at making trailers?

The 12 minute gameplay footage looks just fine. Not incredible by any stretch, but way better than the trailer. That Angela design is a big oof though, swing and a miss.

The visual style for this game is weird. It's like they wanted to emulate the PS2 graphics in a way, there's a weird combination of sharpness/muddiness to everything. If they deliberately did this then that's actually pretty cool. But since it's Bloober, who knows...

Top Bottom