• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Skullgirls |OT| New age of Heroines

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
I run into the same thing- I do good for a bit, then see guys who got top 8 at Evo, 240p+ tags, and other unholy terrors for which I lack sufficient holy grenades of keepout and runaway to slay.

lol, I went up against a bunch of 240p+ guys last night. Who are they?

Kioshen

I run into the same thing- I do good for a bit, then see guys who got top 8 at Evo, 240p+ tags, and other unholy terrors for which I lack sufficient holy grenades of keepout and runaway to slay.

Well with Elo you're supposed to win some and lose some. Going even is what the system is for.

Jeeves

Hey, I just double-dipped and got this on Steam after playing on 360 for a few months. Is there any page that neatly gives the patch notes going straight from Slightly Different Edition to the Steam release?

Also, the main reason why I picked it up on Steam was to access the larger player base, so anyone is more than welcome to add me ( http://steamcommunity.com/id/Jeeves72/ ). I'm beginner-intermediate and I don't mind being served up some beatdowns in the name of learning.

Hey, I just double-dipped and got this on Steam after playing on 360 for a few months. Is there any page that neatly gives the patch notes going straight from Slightly Different Edition to the Steam release?

Also, the main reason why I picked it up on Steam was to access the larger player base, so anyone is more than welcome to add me ( http://steamcommunity.com/id/Jeeves72/ ). I'm beginner-intermediate and I don't mind being served up some beatdowns in the name of learning.

This is the closest thing we've got to anything comprehensive.
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1R4CZPUm6PgBgJ9dJkSKbgVrfDZGRtXc-T6XsZxrCve4/edit?pli=1

Good to see more people jumping on the PC version though, hope you enjoy it.

Jintor

There's nothing less fun than the only other players in your region being absolute monsters who body you with unstoppable force. :(

I don't know if its my connection acting funny but I was able to play intercontinental games just fine yesterday (with right frame delay) and now everyone not local is glitchy as shit

There's nothing less fun than the only other players in your region being absolute monsters who body you with unstoppable force. :(

I don't think we've played each other yet. I just added you

GuardianE

Santa May Claus

Try playing outside your region! I can get some pretty reliable matches outside of my own region.

Is there a running GAF list anywhere? I'm always down for some games.

Nyoro SF

Try playing outside your region! I can get some pretty reliable matches outside of my own region.

Is there a running GAF list anywhere? I'm always down for some games.

The thing about that is that he's Aussie. Even I balk at pings above 150.... at that point I'm not really playing a fighting game anymore.

News flash from the front lines of ranked: Fuck Parasoul's jump fierce. Solo Squiggs cannot compete with that normal. Gotta think of something...

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
The thing about that is that he's Aussie. Even I balk at pings above 150.... at that point I'm not really playing a fighting game anymore.

News flash from the front lines of ranked: Fuck Parasoul's jump fierce. Solo Squiggs cannot compete with that normal. Gotta think of something...

Ah, yeah. Didn't know that. I usually won't accept matches above 125 or so, but I can play people coast to coast fine.

That's what your assists are for! Squigly's Anti-air options aren't great. She has options, but that's definitely one of her weaker points. You could always use Daisy Pusher as an AA too.

God, I wish I had a PC that could run SG. Currently diving seriously into the tutorial mode; so good, although it's making me realize just how much I don't know about 6-button tag fighters. The only fighting games I've been playing are BB and DOA5...

Can't wait for the Squiggly patch to land on PSN now. I think adding her to my scrub-tier Miss Fortune/Double team will be fun.

Ardvent

God, I wish I had a PC that could run SG. Currently diving seriously into the tutorial mode; so good, although it's making me realize just how much I don't know about 6-button tag fighters. The only fighting games I've been playing are BB and DOA5...

Can't wait for the Squiggly patch to land on PSN now. I think adding her to my scrub-tier Miss Fortune/Double team will be fun.

I managed to get the game to run on an dual core XP machine with an integrated card and 2gb of ram. It runs on almost anything.

Dreavus

I managed to get the game to run on an dual core XP machine with an integrated card and 2gb of ram. It runs on almost anything.

Yup, my machine is 6+ years old now IIRC, and it runs perfectly. I think if you're really in a pickle you can change it to 2D backgrounds for an additional performance boost.

But overall I was surprised at how well it runs.

BiggNife

Does anyone have any tips dealing with Cerebella as Squigly? She's absolutely my achilles heel. I feel like Squigly doesn't have a lot of ranged options but bella is so terrifying up close because she's a character with a bunch of command grabs in a game centered around resets and mixups. I haven't been able to figure out a decent strategy.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Anybody wants a Beowulf card ? I got a spare that I'm willing to trade.

I'd trade for stuffs. Any cards you're looking for in particular? I've been collecting Skullgirls cards pretty hard. Right now, it's rough going. A 13 card set where the market value of each card averages 35-40 cents?

I hope enough Boosters are dropping. For every set that gets completed/badge created, Steam needs to drop at least 4 Boosters to maintain volume.

Ravidrath

Wait, they seriously hadn't given it back to you already?

Wow.

Still holding $35k in reserve.

Don't need it any time soon, but it's the principle of the thing.

What really sucks is that the guy that handled our case changed departments and so now I have to go through regular CS channels to try and get this resolved. But so far they have all but guaranteed that the reserve won't be lifted because it hasn't been six months yet.

joe2187

Banned

What really sucks is that the guy that handled our case changed departments and so now I have to go through regular CS channels to try and get this resolved. But so far they have all but guaranteed that the reserve won't be lifted because it hasn't been six months yet.

Call....

Call....

C..C...Call Kotaku?

Kioshen

I'd trade for stuffs. Any cards you're looking for in particular? I've been collecting Skullgirls cards pretty hard. Right now, it's rough going. A 13 card set where the market value of each card averages 35-40 cents?

I hope enough Boosters are dropping. For every set that gets completed/badge created, Steam needs to drop at least 4 Boosters to maintain volume.

I now have a duplicate Filia, Cerebella and Beowulf. I'm missing card 6 through 11.

-----------

Anybody wants to play ? Tired of hanging out in the training room. Kioshen on steam.

Mesoian

So....

Just got the retail version going, seem to be having a lot of input lag for some odd reason. I'm using the Madkatz 6 button fight pads in dpad mode and it doesn't seem to happen for any of my other games. But it recognizes subsequent button presses as holds. For example, if I'm in the credits and am fast forwarding by holding a button down, it'll scroll faster, then stop for a split second, then scroll faster, then stop for a split second, etc etc.

Is anyone else having this problem? It might be exclusive to these controllers, but I hope not as they're the only thing I know how to use at this point.

Edit because I am confusing.

So I've tested this a little more with 2 other mad katz controllers, all of them do the same thing. There seems to be an issue of the game recognizing whether or not a button has been released or not. For example, If I use squiggly and do one of her charge supers, I can release the button and it will continue to think that I'm still holding it down. If I put the controller down, she just stays in her charge state until I press a different button. That's somewhat minor, but it means that I'm gonna miss a few inputs here and there. Has anyone else come across anything like this? I wanna give this a try using an old saturn USB pad that I have lying around...as long as I can find it...

Edit 2: Solved it. Turns out those pads need use of an old controller driver to work correctly. Running like a dream now.

Mesoian

What windows are you running? My 8 machine is running into a lot of trouble with my fight sticks lately.

7. I installed the XBCD 0.2.6 drivers and that seems to have worked....

For the mad katz controller anyway. Now I'm having trouble getting my 360 adapter to work.

1 solution brings up 2 new problems. But I just did a few online matches and had no input lag. For fighting games at least, the problem is solved.

shaowebb

Wait, they seriously hadn't given it back to you already?

Wow.

O_O

Oh lord no...

Soulstar

They just showed off Big Band so anyone that missed it can watch the archive later and he should show up at around the beginning.

hupla

Dat Band
zYkytsr.jpg

5siZ248.jpg

Anbec7

Female announcer? God why did I miss salty yesterday!

Who is the Female announcer.. a know VA from the game or someone new?

Beckx

I haven't had any time to put into this since Steam release but hope to soon. Becketx on steam if you'd like to add me.

Does anyone have any tips on fighting against Painwheel and Double? I've been running into good Painwheel players and I could never beat them. I hate Squigly super grab, you could interrupt combos using that super which is ridiculous.

Does anyone have any tips on fighting against Painwheel and Double? I've been running into good Painwheel players and I could never beat them. I hate Squigly super grab, you could interrupt combos using that super which is ridiculous.

I may have written a little on the Painwheel matchup for those who have trouble with it ..
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=43125949&postcount=3459

As for the Squigly super grab ... I'm pretty sure it doesn't interrupt combos.

Top Bottom