• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Skullgirls |OT| New age of Heroines

Here is my Peacock advice:
Do not use her qcf.hp unless you know it will hit. That move ends lives.
Teleport frequently when your opponent jumps toward you.
Use qcf.ok to cover teleportation.
If your opponent blocks a projectile up close, do not be scared to run in and start a blockstring. You are not pure keepaway.
Put Double with dp.mk as an assist on your team.

Thank you.

That's always useful thanks ! I was noticing that my success rate was higher when I landed the dummy in the corner.

I think I had the names wrong. I was talking about LnL and Battle Butt ( (B), F + HP & HK). You know the one where she runs and morphs her head as a ram. I won't fall back to Devil Horns (DP + MP) when I have Napalm Pillar. Still it's good to know.
HP LnL has it's uses because it stays out for a while and the hit only keeps your opponent on the ground which works well with the huge range on Parasoul's j.HP. Battle Butt is also good in it's own way because it hits fast instead of slow and it knocks opponents away. I play Parasoul so I like for my Cerebella to stay out for a while which gives me time to toss a few tears around myself for protection. If you play Peacock I would recommend the battle butt since a good assist call can get your opponent caught in argus agony all the way on the other side of the screen.

Also, I suck ass today. Bench presses seem to dulled my hands a bit so I couldn't fully test the combos I just gave you. It seems that the first combo works perfectly on everyone except Double. I couldn't get the second combo to work on Cerebella, Parasoul, Valentine or Double (fuckin Double recovers immediately after lp tear shots). I'll try the scond combo on Cere, Para and Val tomorrow because my hands are done for today.
s.LK, c.MK, c.HP
j.MP, j.HP, j.HK
s.MP, s.HP, s.HP, Tear Shot L
s.LP, s.MP, b.HK, Solder L
j.LP, j.MK, j.HP
s.LK, s.MK, s.HP, s.HP, Tear Shot M, super

crossup version:
s.LK, c.MK, c.HP
j.MP, j.HP, j.HK
s.MP, s.HP, s.HP, Tear Shot L
s.LP, s.MP, b.HK, Solder L
j.MK, spiral flare
s.LK, s.MK, st.HPx2, tear shot M/L, super

Here is my Peacock advice:
Do not use her qcf.hp unless you know it will hit. That move ends lives.
Teleport frequently when your opponent jumps toward you.
Use qcf.lk to cover teleportation.
If your opponent blocks a projectile up close, do not be scared to run in and start a blockstring. You are not pure keepaway.
Put Double with dp.mk as an assist on your team.
Her qcf.HP is excellent in most situations because you don't have to commit to more than one shot and you can always change the firing rate on the following two. You forgot to mention how good st.HP is too. You can shoot the cannonball and cancel into any strength item drop, george bomb or qcf.HP. You can actually combo st.HP, qcb.HP and argus agony btw. This stuff is downright dastardly.

shaowebb

Any advice on how to setup a decent Valentine/Peacock team? I really like the way the two play. Failing that Valentine/Squigly

Razzle Dazzle

Neo Member
Ok so I've been practicing the 7.7k Severin Parasoul combo. Heres a link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jl3rKzNkTgY

Anyways At around the 5 second mark after he does the 4.HK (you know the boot overhead) I can't seem to get the timing right to connect the follow HK Tear Toss into j.lk, j.hp, m.tear toss, j.lp, j,mk. The medium tear toss NEVER goes off correctly. It seems to never explode at the right time.

Anyone know whats up?

Her qcf.HP is excellent in most situations because you don't have to commit to more than one shot and you can always change the firing rate on the following two. You forgot to mention how good st.HP is too. You can shoot the cannonball and cancel into any strength item drop, george bomb or qcf.HP. You can actually combo st.HP, qcb.HP and argus agony btw. This stuff is downright dastardly.
IMO, qcf.HP is of limited use. It's really only for full-screen chip. The frame disadvantage makes it too weak to use mid-screen or close up. I didn't forget s.HP, I was just typing on my phone and got tired of all the typos. :p

Kioshen

I'm playing as Peacock, and I'm getting decimated when I go into beginner lobbies. Are there any good Peacock guides that you guys know of?

Well I'll copy paste something that I've found while searching around myself. It's a pretty good gameplan explanation. Hope this helps !

To zone with Peacock you generally want your opponent around the max distance of George At The Air Show. If they're closer than that, run away using air backdashes, j.HK, j.HP, teleports, and assist calls until you find yourself at your ideal spacing. If you're using Squigly, a good Squigly assist might be Drag 'n Bite, since it puts your opponent in a lot of blockstun and pushes them back, giving Peacock time to escape.

When zoning, always throw out 1 or 2 Georges before you do anything else. Lots of Peacock players like to start zoning by using BANG BANG BANG or charging an item drop. The problem with BANG BANG BANG is that it does nothing to cover the vertical space; your opponent can easily jump over it and hit you for a full combo. Item drop is a good move but charging it does nothing to cover space immediately, giving your opponent a chance to get closer. If George's Day Out isn't on the screen, getting it on the screen should be your first priority, it controls the horizontal space for a long time and recovers quickly. George At The Air Show is good because it stops your opponent from jumping in, although it will whiff if your opponent is either too far or too close (this is why it's so important to get the right spacing with Peacock). Boxcar George is the best for setting up full screen teleport mixups but I don't really use it for zoning unless the opponent is too far away to hit with George At The Air Show.

Once you got your Georges out you can continue to zone with s.HP, item drops, BANG BANG BANG, or assist calls. You generally want to set up a rotation with your projectiles where the cooldown on one ends just as the cooldown on another begins; a simple one is George's Day Out canceled into George At The Air Show, s.HP, H Item Drop, repeat. If your opponent finds a gap in your projectiles and gets closer, run away until you're back at a good spacing.

As far as rushing down with Peacock, I have no idea. Best advice, watch this guy's channel and copy everything he's doing: http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCApJgsoFadTZjesGtS-fgVA

As for rushing down with Peacock, there's a few things you have to understand. You need to zone first or knock your opponent down. Rushing in from the start is just going to get you killed in most cases, even against bad opponents.

If your opponent is within half a screen of you, then you need to assess whether you want to back up and zone or run up and fight. If there's no bombs on the field and you're not charging a medium shadow of impending doom, call a good defensive assist and back up. Toss a George's Day out and another bomb of choice and then go in. If they block do a blocksting that ends as George's Day Out is a about to hit and backdash. Reestablish your space and try again.

When approaching your opponent you should either be holding a medium shadow of impending doom or have two bombs out and teleport. Medium shadow keeps your opponent on their toes. Release at your discretion, often times if they're about to jump or about to attack you.

Light punch is your friend on the ground and in the air learn to hit confirm off of it, especially in the air. A lot of Fillia's love to airdash and do heavy punch. Peacock's light punch stuffs it clean and you get a free combo (follow up with LK->MP to get your opponent back to the ground and then continue the combo if you jump forward. Otherwise do HP and toss a light bomb and back dash or do HP and back airdash and start zoning again).

Whether you zone or rushdown with Peacock you need to be good with moving and canceling your attacks into dashes both front and back. Message me if you have any questions and I'll help out however I can.

-------------------------------------

HP LnL has it's uses because it stays out for a while and the hit only keeps your opponent on the ground which works well with the huge range on Parasoul's j.HP. Battle Butt is also good in it's own way because it hits fast instead of slow and it knocks opponents away. I play Parasoul so I like for my Cerebella to stay out for a while which gives me time to toss a few tears around myself for protection. If you play Peacock I would recommend the battle butt since a good assist call can get your opponent caught in argus agony all the way on the other side of the screen.

Yeah I'll stick with Battle Butt since I'd prefer to keep Peacock out there as long as I can.

Also, I suck ass today. Bench presses seem to dulled my hands a bit so I couldn't fully test the combos I just gave you. It seems that the first combo works perfectly on everyone except Double. I couldn't get the second combo to work on Cerebella, Parasoul, Valentine or Double (fuckin Double recovers immediately after lp tear shots). I'll try the scond combo on Cere, Para and Val tomorrow because my hands are done for today.

I just can't seem to time that dash correctly after popping them off with b.HK. The link seems tighter than after the LP Tear Shot. Considering all the trouble people are having comboing Double I might as well pick her just to give as much trouble as possible to opponents lol. In any case, I'll probably just cut off the last jumping sequence and catch them before the otg for now.

entremet

I finally picked this game up on PSN. It's been on my to buy list for a while, but just never got around to it.

Very fun!

Reminds me of the Vampire games for some reason, yet not as crazy as the Marvel games, which I can't really follow honestly.

When are the new characters due?

I finally picked this game up on PSN. It's been on my to buy list for a while, but just never got around to it.

Very fun!

Reminds me of the Vampire games for some reason, yet not as crazy as the Marvel games, which I can't really follow honestly.

Squigly was just added, and Big Band is probably like 5% done at this point. It will be another month or two before we get him, and then on to Eliza before they do Beowulf and Robo.

Razzle Dazzle

Neo Member

They've estimated a new character every 3-4 months I believe. You should watch Salty Cupcakes every Thursday. Its a stream where the developers show a ton of their progress on new characters, as well as answer questions the chat has, while also having good players playing Skullgirls in the background.

For Skullgirls fans its pretty much everything you could want.

Beats

Messing around in training...

Was Filia always able to do this? If you superjump airdash over your opponent and do an attack with Filia she will turn around in the air and attack the other way.

edit: Huh. Seems like this works with any character (even without the airdash).

Kioshen

So the last two days I've played online just to get more match experience. After getting mopped by the usuals here ... I fared pretty good against randoms. I even did Solar's Parasoul combo in the corner online. I couldn't believe my eyes. That 1 in 10 chances that I could pull it off I did xD.

I still have a long way to go specifically my defense because when I was matched up against somebody with real mix ups I guessed wrong most of the time.

Small note : Fuck YOLO online Mrs.Fortune players spamming Zoom, jumping around with HK and mashing supers when I drop combos. I nearly lost to that guy until I dumbed my game real low and just swatted him out of the air and wailed on the errant head until recovery.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
So.. Is this combo still possible for valentine or do I just suck?

2lk > 2mk > 2hp > j. HP > dash j.mp > j.HK > land j.lp > j.mp > j.HK > land restand 5 lp > 5 mp etc. Etc.

I can't connect the restand 5lp > 5mp for the life of me.

Antiwhippy

I dunno, seems to drop on every character. I just finish with a super after the second j.HK now.

Which brings me to another question, is there actually a valentine combo that does good damage? :p I've been playing against some pretty good valentines and it's funny to see me doing more damage with my frequently incomplete parasoul combos compared to their full and very long combos.

Kioshen

So.. Is this combo still possible for valentine or do I just suck?

2lk > 2mk > 2hp > j. HP > dash j.mp > j.HK > land j.lp > j.mp > j.HK > land restand 5 lp > 5 mp etc. Etc.

I can't connect the restand 5lp > 5mp for the life of me.

Pretty sure there's a weight issue and a missing run after landing. I'll have to test it for sure.

Which brings me to another question, is there actually a valentine combo that does good damage? :p I've been playing against some pretty good valentines and it's funny to see me doing more damage with my frequently incomplete parasoul combos compared to their full and very long combos.

Valentine has to work very hard for her damage because most of her normals scale like crazy. You usually need a purple or green vial to do some serious damage without resets. On the other hand, she can keep the pressure and naturally lockdown with her normals.

shaowebb

Sup guys. Going to Tsubasacon next month and I'll get to meet Dani McRae(Painwheel VA) and Laura Post(Valentine VA). I main Valentine Peacock so I'm really looking forward to this. They might be doing a QA panel on things they've done. Any particular questions I should try to ask them?

Antiwhippy

Pretty sure there's a weight issue and a missing run after landing. I'll have to test it for sure.

Valentine has to work very hard for her damage because most of her normals scale like crazy. You usually need a purple or green vial to do some serious damage without resets. On the other hand, she can keep the pressure and naturally lockdown with her normals.

Yeah, playing against a valentine who can lock you down well is intense.

Also yeah I think that I'm just doing the second air series of the combo wrong. Not enough of a delay to restand? Gotta test it out.

Jeeves

So I need help escaping combos. I'm getting perfected by Parasouls and Painwheels. Do I mash throw? Back and up? Those only seem to work on some combos. Parasoul's crossing me up mid-combo, too. I had undizzy trigger once but I was almost dead at that point. : /

Antiwhippy

So I need help escaping combos. I'm getting perfected by Parasouls and Painwheels. Do I mash throw? Back and up? Those only seem to work on some combos. Parasoul's crossing me up mid-combo, too. I had undizzy trigger once but I was almost dead at that point. : /

Push block more.

Also try to make it a habit to react to overheads.

http://steamcommunity.com/games/208610/announcements/detail/1967234118210584658
Hey, listen! It's a Beta update! That's almost as good as a real update...if you close your eyes and pretend real hard you can hear it, faintly. With time and practice, you'll get better.

** If you don't see any lobbies, change your "Type" at the bottom to Training and back to All Play and they will show up. Whee, another bug to fix. **

Some important fixes here, we think!
- We THINK we fixed desyncs. If you are someone who was getting frequent desyncs before, play on this build against your usual opponents (also on this build!) and see if you do. If you have red flashes during online gameplay, this is also bad. Tell me in the comments, either
A) "I used to get desyncs and now I don't! I am a slightly happier person today!"
-or-
B) "I am seeing tons of red flashes and desyncs online and I am very angry at you in particular Mike Z for promising something that turned out to be entirely untrue."
- We also think we MAY have fixed the randomly-disconnecting-at-the-start-of-matches bug. So if it still happens to you, let me know in the comments.
- POSSIBLY even fix the creeping slowdown in Training Mode! Maybe, maybe not.
I asked for 75% slow mode in training the other day and now it's here. This feels like the old acme delivery service in looney tunes, but with video game patching instead.
I just can't seem to time that dash correctly after popping them off with b.HK. The link seems tighter than after the LP Tear Shot. Considering all the trouble people are having comboing Double I might as well pick her just to give as much trouble as possible to opponents lol. In any case, I'll probably just cut off the last jumping sequence and catch them before the otg for now.
You aren't the only one. Getting the dash after RC soldier got hard as hell in the last couple of days. I couldn't pull it off if my life depended on it even though I'd done the combo hundreds of times before. Negus helped with that during my rut, but I think I'm past it now. I tested the crossup combo on just about everyone and I can confirm that it works against everyone except Cerebella, Parasoul (mirror) and Double. It just so happens that those are also the three heaviest characters in the game iirc.
So the last two days I've played online just to get more match experience. After getting mopped by the usuals here ... I fared pretty good against randoms. I even did Solar's Parasoul combo in the corner online. I couldn't believe my eyes. That 1 in 10 chances that I could pull it off I did xD.

I still have a long way to go specifically my defense because when I was matched up against somebody with real mix ups I guessed wrong most of the time.

Small note : Fuck YOLO online Mrs.Fortune players spamming Zoom, jumping around with HK and mashing supers when I drop combos. I nearly lost to that guy until I dumbed my game real low and just swatted him out of the air and wailed on the errant head until recovery.
Parasoul's corner combo is the easiest restand ever. j.MK+j.HP on a tear stunned opponent sets them up for anything you want afterwards.
Finally played this game again after a few months absence. A lot has changed, Double is so strange now.
Double is even crazier now.
Sup guys. Going to Tsubasacon next month and I'll get to meet Dani McRae(Painwheel VA) and Laura Post(Valentine VA). I main Valentine Peacock so I'm really looking forward to this. They might be doing a QA panel on things they've done. Any particular questions I should try to ask them?
I can't think of any good questions. I really tried, but I'm horrible at this stuff.
Using Ms. Fortune and Valentine. Thanks for the link...looks to be informative as hell.
Parasoul commits to any air normals which means you've got lots of options. You beat her air normal using an invul, you air grab her, you use an air super or you air normal back. You are playing Ms.Fortune so you shouldn't be happing a problem on crossup resets here. Any air action from her means you should have a free invul DP here. Learning how to toss and recall head is important too because you'll need it out there often for the random fullscreen om nom nom into full combo and for followups after the air super. Painwheel isn't too hard to wrap your head around. Just don't let her get into the air for too long. Valentine on point with Fortune DP sounds like a good AA team thanks to Val's huge jumping heavy punch.

Nyoro SF

Ms. Fortune also is a low profile character... you might be surprised at what she's able to duck under, esp. with her crouching attacks.

Jeeves

Thanks for the advice, I'll try and work these tactics into my game. I also recognize though that I need to hone my reflexes and DP execution. Probably need to get my ass whooped some more to help with that process.

Essay

Parasoul commits to any air normals which means you've got lots of options. You beat her air normal using an invul, you air grab her, you use an air super or you air normal back. You are playing Ms.Fortune so you shouldn't be happing a problem on crossup resets here. Any air action from her means you should have a free invul DP here. Learning how to toss and recall head is important too because you'll need it out there often for the random fullscreen om nom nom into full combo and for followups after the air super. Painwheel isn't too hard to wrap your head around. Just don't let her get into the air for too long. Valentine on point with Fortune DP sounds like a good AA team thanks to Val's huge jumping heavy punch.

Just watch out because the invulnerability on Fortune's DP is now only on the initial small hit-box before she stretches her limbs upward, so it's a little less godlike as an early anti-air for high-up opponents.

Does anyone want to play me for like 30 minutes? Steam ID: MisterLuffy

Edit: I'm done for now. If you guys want to add me, there's my steam ID.

alstein

Just watch out because the invulnerability on Fortune's DP is now only on the initial small hit-box before she stretches her limbs upward, so it's a little less godlike as an early anti-air for high-up opponents.

Is it still her best AA option? I'm mostly using Fortune for an AA assist, and a desire to not play Filia (I can't stand Filia-type characters)

Jeeves

Can someone refresh my memory: Is it only LK Fiber Uppercut that has invulnerability? Is that variant her go-to AA? I've been finding myself using the MK version more often on reflex.

Can someone refresh my memory: Is it only LK Fiber Uppercut that has invulnerability? Is that variant her go-to AA? I've been finding myself using the MK version more often on reflex.

They changed it in Squigly edition. HK Fiber Upper has the most invincibility now, LK doesn't have any I think.

Mr. X

SDE to Squigly Edition Patch Notes

It's (mostly) all of the changes that stuck, no more wading through the beta changes trying to figure out what's different.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1oN0FuVFsLlqf6nESKY0zicw3exDtKPbgKz34-nnH6IE/edit

LK Fiber Upper -13 on block, invincibility ends 1 frame before 1st active frame
MK Fiber Upper now -16 on block, invincibility ends at 1st active frame
HK Fiber Upper now -20 on block, increased hitstun by 3 frames, invincibility ends on 2nd active frame

If there's some change that I forgot, quote me and post it or PM me here, Skullheart or the IRC (MrEcks)

Solune

https://twitter.com/XiePlus/status/375538741370056704
「次は「スカルガールズ」のキャラクターにご登場願いたいと思ってるんですよね。アーケード化記念に。」Wait... a Skullgirls character really will be in UNI!? http://www.4gamer.net/games/231/G023156/20130831001/ …

Are you able to comment on this Ravidrath? :O

Rhapsody

Banned
I'm no Japanese expert, but I'm pretty sure that statement is more like "If we do another cross-promotion character, I'd like it to be a Skullgirls character. We could time it with the SG arcade version release." So it's not a certainty. But I understand the two groups are friendly enough...

If it's not secretly in the works already like the other guest character, I hope it eventually happens.

Jeeves

SDE to Squigly Edition Patch Notes

It's (mostly) all of the changes that stuck, no more wading through the beta changes trying to figure out what's different.

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1oN0FuVFsLlqf6nESKY0zicw3exDtKPbgKz34-nnH6IE/edit

If there's some change that I forgot, quote me and post it or PM me here, Skullheart or the IRC (MrEcks)
Oh awesome, been waiting for this.

Uh, ranked mode would be "quick match".
Was it ever made clear that it actually keeps a ranking and tries to match you to like-ranked players? I never knew for sure.

Top Bottom