• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Skullgirls |OT| New age of Heroines

Razzle Dazzle

Neo Member
Sorry for the double post but man... that trumpet move. Holy shit that trumpet move.

Can't wait to troll with awesome music online. This character is ridiculous and we haven't even seen his specials yet (except potentially that giant ass gong in the air)

alstein

Just had a Bella/Double team 100% , 1 meter completely kill my ratio 2 Peacock.

Seeing a rise in these sorts of combos,I think it's a reason why you see so many solo chars, they can at least survive that.

I really think they either increased damage scaling on long combos, or for undizzy to accumulate before level 5 IPS for long phases.

Just had a Bella/Double team 100% , 1 meter completely kill my ratio 2 Peacock.

Seeing a rise in these sorts of combos,I think it's a reason why you see so many solo chars, they can at least survive that.

I really think they either increased damage scaling on long combos, or for undizzy to accumulate before level 5 IPS for long phases.
I don't know what ratio 2 means. Could you just say solo, duo or trio peacock?

Also, why have I never played you?

alstein

I don't know what ratio 2 means. Could you just say solo, duo or trio peacock?

Also, why have I never played you?

duo vs duo. It might have been 98 or 99%, I think I took a chip at one point, but still 1 bar kill on same ratio is crazy.

I think we've played once or twice at random- I hold you off for a bit then you get me and stomp me from what I remember.

Played him again- he has 90% 1 bar combos down hard duo vs duo. That's too much reward for a touch, even in the corner.

duo vs duo. It might have been 98 or 99%, I think I took a chip at one point, but still 1 bar kill on same ratio is crazy.

I think we've played once or twice at random- I hold you off for a bit then you get me and stomp me from what I remember.
How about we play right now?

"Sol Neutralguy" on steam.

J

Jotamide

Unconfirmed Member
Indiegogo backers: did the code from the Humble Store come with the DLC palettes from the pre-order?

"WE HAZ DECIDED ALL BIGGO BANDO'S MOVEOS"

I guess we'll have that awesome trickle of info just like we did with Squigly as the one man band progresses towards completion.
Oh hey, I've played against you a few times in random lobbies, I think. I wonder how many other gaffers I've crossed paths with.
I remember your steam handle, but not our fights. The only fights I remember are the ones where I lose terribly. Alstein says we've fought before, but his handle throws me for a loop. I don't remember it at all lol.

alstein

Thread on the Paypal crippling of Yatagarasu

Hey Ravidrath in the link above I popped in to ask about whether or not Skullgirls got their own issues with Paypal sorted out yet. Could you respond in that thread explaining how its going? If its going poorly and isn't settled yet I'll ask a mod to add "And Skullgirls" to the title as well.

I think pressure may need to be put on indiegogo to drop Paypal as a vender for payments, or at least to offer an alternative. It might be easier for a boycott/pressure to go after IGG than it would be Paypal , who pretty much buys their way out of the following the law.

CrossRhythm

Neo Member
Woah. Skullgirls made PSN's top 20 for the month of August. Pretty cool since it's been out for over a year. Maybe the pc buzz generated some console sales.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
I remember your steam handle, but not our fights. The only fights I remember are the ones where I lose terribly. Alstein says we've fought before, but his handle throws me for a loop. I don't remember it at all lol.

Hah, don't sweat it. I don't remember our matches either. I just distinctly recall your SteamID in a lobby or two, I think. Maybe a Ranked match, but I'm not sure.

alstein

Shantae would be a great guest character, but only if LZ got the rights to use her in sequels. I'd rather have original designs though.

I'd rather see a SG character in Shantae.

Maybe Shantae could be a bonus Peacock item drop- like a Shantae Plush.

So with Mariel Cartwirght, the Skullgirls animator, working on the new Shantae, and its lead saying he would be fine with Shantae in Skullgirls on Sup Holmes?...

What are the chances of Shantae as a guest character in Skullgirls actually happening?

The chances are likely directly tied to who is paying for it, as I doubt LZ would actually turn down the chance to add more characters to the game if given the chance, even if they were out of universe guests. So, if the Shantae people wanna fork over $250K then the chances are pretty darn good . . .

Does anyone know why lobbies are so dead? I was playing regularly since launch and whenever I checked lobbies there would be like 8-10 to choose from. This last week the average has been like 2 lobbies whenever I log on. This is different from the game being "dead". Supposedly there was some weird lobby glitch, but I don't think it ever got fixed on my end.

alstein

Does anyone know why lobbies are so dead? I was playing regularly since launch and whenever I checked lobbies there would be like 8-10 to choose from. This last week the average has been like 2 lobbies whenever I log on. This is different from the game being "dead". Supposedly there was some weird lobby glitch, but I don't think it ever got fixed on my end.

I think the casuals got beasted on and don't play online- this happens with most fighters where they lose half their population a week after launch.

Random matches still seem to work well.

Patch notes? Patch notes!
http://steamcommunity.com/games/245170/announcements/detail/2055054964127829132

Abridged Version :
MikeZ said:
We will begin testing Spectating and Queen of the Hill mode (^.^) in the Beta in the next day or two.

Lobbies
- Can back out of Lobby Creation with MK.
- Lobbies now back out to Lobby Search instead of Main Menu.
- Better lobby searches. You might find more games!
- Smarter distribution of All Play matches - you play people you've played the least.
- Fixed some localization issues - blank regions for some people, blank Win counts for Spanish.
- Ping text is now colored according to the ping value. Please let us know if you notice anything...strange...
- Game type is now displayed in upper corner of lobby instead of Region type.

General
- NEW GGPO! Hopefully desyncs are all gone; returned to console-sized rollback buffer (you don't need to know what that really means, but it generally means better performance!)
- "Fix" PC attract movie, the hackiest way possible. With a machete!
- Removed progress notification for World Warrior Princess, since it has to be completed in one Random session.
- Added something you should never see. Hopefully.
- Disabled setting the corner of the Steam overlay notification.
- Add "Marie 300%" to the Extras menu. She's back, and she's pissed!

Beats

General
- NEW GGPO! Hopefully desyncs are all gone; returned to console-sized rollback buffer (you don't need to know what that really means, but it generally means better performance!)

Great. :eek:

Online has not been very good on PC. I'm starting to feel the same way Severin does about the issue. SG on consoles was better online. I'd say it might be the result of more overseas players on the game, but even green pings rollback more like 150 pings.

Online at the beginning of the beta and PC release was superior, but lobbies were plagued with bugs. Now online is blech and I think lobby search is borked.
I think the casuals got beasted on and don't play online- this happens with most fighters where they lose half their population a week after launch.

Random matches still seem to work well.
Lobby search supposedly had a glitch that required searching "training" mode and then "all play" or no lobbies would show at all. I think it was introduced with the patch before this one. Before the 9-2 patch I could find a max of 12 lobbies midday and 6-8 lobbies at night. This whole week I could only find 2 lobbies max regardless of the time. Right after today's patch I found 6 lobbies, but they kept crashing and the average went down to like 3.

Maybe my laptop is just finally taking it's last breaths. Shitty ass laptop has been giving me BSODS like a motherfucker this entire month and nothing fixes it.

Beats

Played 13 ranked matches in a row and two of them had desyncing issues (ping was 227/190). All the other ones at around 150 and below were expectedly smooth. I'll have to play more or look at other people's experiences before saying it's better though. Also took a look at the leaderboards and number one has over 1000 wins. Wow.

Top Bottom