• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Skullgirls |OT| New age of Heroines

Toski

I'd like it better if it was a straight 1v1 game. There's like 6 characters, definitely not enough for a tag game. I just play with one character anyway but still.

I feel the same way too. I think it needs at least 12 characters to make tag teams more interesting/varied.

Hm, really? Which attack is Cerebella's crossup?
really? she has a special move that crosses up (tumbling run -> mk).

aside from that, shes got: j.lk, j.mp, unbreakable elbow (j.down+mp). you can cancel her glide into the elbow, but the recovery on it is kinda bleh.

_tetsuo_ said:
Day 1 Cerebella annoyance. Playing my friend last night and I basically couldn't punish like.... anything she did. He would just cancel into that gun punch or grab me.
yeah, the ability to cancel anything at anytime is pretty crazy.

GatorBait

"Big Band is going to play like Q, but not crappy." -Mike Z

I'm going to main this motherfucker so hard:

SG_bigbandconcept.jpg

A Skull...guy?!

El Sloth

Banned
Marie's last form is some annoying bullshit. Shout outs to Peacock's Fat Man super sorting her nonsense out.

I was rushing myself since I had things to take care of during the last boss fight, so I wasn't really paying attention to her patterns or audio cues. How're you guys approaching her in your fights?

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Marie's last form is some annoying bullshit. Shout outs to Peacock's Fat Man super sorting her nonsense out.

I was rushing myself since I had things to take care of during the last boss fight, so I wasn't really paying attention to her patterns or audio cues. How're you guys approaching her in your fights?

I rushed that shit down

How are you supposed to do Cerebellas Tumbling run into MK anyway? whenever I do it she just runs differently. I can do the other tumbling run moves easy.

So how is this game for newcomers to fighting games?

Will try the trial before I sleep, but just want something I can get to grips with.

Raging Spaniard

If they are Dutch, upright and breathing they are more racist than your favorite player
Hey buddy! ...FUUUUUU.

Aaaaand, purchased. I will make it my mission to not only become more than semi-below competent at this game but have fun doing it. If I fail. I blame Raging Spaniard.

If you're on PSN, I'd be more than happy to play and I'll even lose a round or two on purpose ;)

How are you supposed to do Cerebellas Tumbling run into MK anyway? whenever I do it she just runs differently. I can do the other tumbling run moves easy.
its dependent on range; gotta be close. for example a simple mixup would be:
c.lp, c.mp, hp xx tumbling run into
↳ lk into command throw or jab
↳ mk for cross-up
↳ hk for the armor if they start trying to mash jab

shaowebb

Well, all that and I don't really like the art style. Everybody moves like they're in Steamboat Willie.

Like I said to each their own. Its a good way to stand out from the competition though and Filia's ex DP move is what got the game greenlighted with the publisher. In a sea of imitators find a way to stand out to a publisher. The art did it.

We both know why I go for this. I went into animation and this uses the 12 principles SO MUCH. Beautiful to watch for me as an animator. Its like an interactive cartoon. I know your more of a bronze sculptor so its likely not your cup of tea.

Still those custom assists open up so much possibilities for a fighter. I know thats something you'd like to have in marvel. You probably have a notebook full of ideas for shit you'd pull if you could custom input certain stuff as an assist in that game lol.

I zoned her out with Peacock and activated the fat boy point blank during the end of her
transformation.
Also jumping shotgun ad nauseum. The spam though made the latter kind of risky. Hard to get in if you aint staying on top of her. You can also do the projectile hyper during
the final transformation
after it starts. The first whifs but if you timed it at the right range so not to get knocked out of it and at the right moment you can land most of the last half for decent enough.

El Sloth

Banned
Custom assists make me ashamed of my sloppy inputs. I end up redoing the motions every time until I'm satisfied with how they look.

Thanks. sick move, now to find out how to combo off it.
it combos off of hp, and the move itself is a wallbounce so a lot of combo opportunities. however the link for that is pretty tight.

another trick you can do is use it after her c.mk launcher for a reset:
c.lp, c.mp, c.hp (launch), j.lp, j.lk, j.hk (hard knockdown), c.lk (otg), c.mk (relaunch) xx tumbling run mixup

Wow, glad this game has a bullshit fighting game final boss. :|

Just got through story mode up to this point on Hard without dying but now I need to go buy some mortons

Tobe

ok so far we got 5 dudes, one more and we can do it.
7pm EST, 8pm EDT, 6pm PDT
bolded= GT

so far we got

XBL|Sloth112|El Sloth
XBL|JUDDERMANG|Judderman
XBL|???????|SolarPowered
XBL|vexco|Axis
XBL|Tobe101|Tobe1

remember one set of 3 out of 5, any ratio, time and damage set to default.

I'm really loving this game, but I'm having trouble using any other character than Filia. The tutorials helped me master some of her combos. I wish each character had their own tutorial like that. Where can learn orher character's combos?

SupaNaab

Jump ins are probably the easiest thing to abuse in Skullgirls. There may be no high/low unblockables but there certainly isn't any system stopping burnkick-like mix-ups. It's like everyone is C. Viper and it's awesome.

AEREC

So how is this game for newcomers to fighting games?

Will try the trial before I sleep, but just want something I can get to grips with.

It's probably on the same level of SF as far as timing and stuff goes...so not really newcomer friendly. But the training mode explains the mechanics of a fighting game better than SF ever has.

It's probably on the same level of SF as far as timing and stuff goes...so not really newcomer friendly. But the training mode explains the mechanics of a fighting game better than SF ever has.

I'm a newcomer and the tutorials are incredibly helpful. However, as my previous post says the tutorial just gets you up to speed with one of the characters.

Ravidrath

Wow, glad this game has a bullshit fighting game final boss. :|

Just got through story mode up to this point on Hard without dying but now I need to go buy some mortons

Sorry to hear that - we're definitely looking at adjusting the difficult of the single player content in an update.

Also, Umbrella was inspired by the Morton's salt girl.

SupaNaab

I'm really loving this game, but I'm having trouble using any other character than Filia. The tutorials helped me master some of her combos. I wish each character had their own tutorial like that. Where can learn orher character's combos?

http://wiki.shoryuken.com/Skullgirls#Cast

Pick your character. Find the "Chain Combo" section in that characters guide and piece together ground and air chain combos. You will have to form your own more advanced combos since it's Day 1 using these chains, specials and game mechanics.

Galdelico

Man, I love love LOVE it.
Still a tragic rookie, but I played Skullgirls a couple of hours offline and online and I'm genuinely amazed by the amount of work and attention to detail you Reverge guys put into this game. I'm trying to be decent with Cerebella and Valentine, especially the first one is such an awesome character.
Oh, and yeah: Alex, you're a fucking genius.

I'm picky as hell here but there's one little thing I don't like and it's the 'Unlock the Full Game' line which still remains visible - it's just darkened out - on mode select screen, even if you actually have bought the full game.
I know it's a stupid thing, but as far as I remember all XBLA games remove that line once you buy them.

Item Box

ok so far we got 5 dudes, one more and we can do it.
7pm EST, 8pm EDT, 6pm PDT
bolded= GT

so far we got

XBL|Sloth112|El Sloth
XBL|JUDDERMANG|Judderman
XBL|???????|SolarPowered
XBL|vexco|Axis
XBL|Tobe101|Tobe1

remember one set of 3 out of 5, any ratio, time and damage set to default.

I'll join, gt is SpamAge.

Dachande

Oh god this is fucking greattttt

I've been playing Filia/Valentine most of the night and feeling that combo quite well, and thought I'd give Ms. Fortune a try in training mode after. I thought she was great and had lots of potential, but it was training mode and I couldn't really tell for sure, so I brought her out in a Filia/Ms.Fortune team online and oh my god she is fucking brutal with those head mixups.

My friend was getting so, so pissed off with the OMNOMNOMNOM 'throw' on QCB+HP into a B&B ground combo into launcher. The only danger was when the body was too far away and the head really close next to his Cerebella and he was able to just HP over and over again before I could get in to stop it.

Ravidrath, could you stick one change on the patch list, please? If one player chooses "Play Again" and another player chooses "Change Character", the player who chose "Play Again" can't back out to reset their team size (and may not be able to reselect their character either), and there was a situation where my friend really wanted to even though he'd chosen "Play Again" by mistake.
Keeping their previous selection is fine, but having the option to back out to choose again anyway in that situation, just in case, would be really, really appreciated.

damn cerebella hits hard... just came up with a meterless 7k damage combo.

j.hk, c.lp, c.mp. hp xx tumbling run -> mk (wall bounce), c.hp (launch), j.mp, j.hk (hard knockdown), c.lk (otg), c.mk (relaunch), j.lp xx slaps, lp, lp, mp, hp, cerecopter.

Ravidrath

Ravidrath, could you stick one change on the patch list, please? If one player chooses "Play Again" and another player chooses "Change Character", the player who chose "Play Again" can't back out to reset their team size (and may not be able to reselect their character either), and there was a situation where my friend really wanted to even though he'd chosen "Play Again" by mistake.
Keeping their previous selection is fine, but having the option to back out to choose again anyway in that situation, just in case, would be really, really appreciated.

Hmm, I thought it already worked the way you described? You should be able to back out of selections by hitting Select.

And is this online or local?

shaowebb

QisTopTier is my psn

It starts. Yo Q did you see the Mike Z character he said is meant to play like Q earlier?
"Big Band is going to play like Q, but not crappy." -Mike Z

I'm going to main this motherfucker so hard:

SG_bigbandconcept.jpg

Just thought you should know that they got a dude in the wings they hope to make someday thats based on your main man.

So you gonna be playing Parasoul or Peacock any?

I like the references to other games, like peacocks falling oil drum leaving behind a roast chicken, or the announcer saying "it's super effective!" if you win, lol.

What about Ms. Fortune's "Berzerker Barrage" lol

Xevren

I like the references to other games, like peacocks falling oil drum leaving behind a roast chicken, or the announcer saying "it's super effective!" if you win, lol.

Why do people always have to rage and swear in fighting games :/

guy get's grabbed for ko.

"fuck youuuuu!"

You new to fighters?

Top Bottom