• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Skullgirls |OT| New age of Heroines

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
It starts. Yo Q did you see the Mike Z character he said is meant to play like Q earlier?

Just thought you should know that they got a dude in the wings they hope to make someday thats based on your main man.

So you gonna be playing Parasoul or Peacock any?

What about Ms. Fortune's "Berzerker Barrage" lol

Using Ms.Fortune right now, I'll pick him up when he comes out and yeah parasoul is my next as she is sorta like oro

kiunchbb

www.dictionary.com
Someone should make a PSN chat channel for us, adding people and msg them using PSN is a really really bad idea.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Someone should make a PSN chat channel for us, adding people and msg them using PSN is a really really bad idea.

Every time I make a psn chat people message me for an invite instead of giving me a friend invite themselves so I can even invite them in the first place. ANNOYING

Dachande

Hmm, I thought it already worked the way you described? You should be able to back out of selections by hitting Select.

And is this online or local?

It was online. He definitely wasn't able to hit Back/Select, I was voicechatting with him at the time. I was on the team number selection, he had solo Parasoul auto-selected for him (I think) because he hit Play Again, and wanted to back out all the way to the team number selection, but it wouldn't budge. Perhaps it's a bug?

We'll try it again tomorrow when we play again, getting a bit late now. If it's a bug then it isn't a major one, at least.

Judderman

drawer by drawer
ok ppl start getting online and adding the rest of the guys. lets do this!

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AvYZjQl5IZ1KdFhwd2pmZlZOUzV0bHhTZ1Q4WFA1S1E#gid=0 check the table.

I won't be able to do my matches, Tobe. Sorry about that, but I had to relinquish control of my TV.
KuGsj.gif

bernardobri

Steve, the dog with no powers that we let hang out with us all for some reason
I guess we know where's the after party for the Skullgirls launch...

Kandrick

GAF's Ed McMahon
Just tried the 360 version, and the load times are ridiculous.

Guess i'll save my allards until it's fixed, if it's ever happening. Also did you run the game through babelfish or google translate for the localization ? Because it's really bad, and whoever worked on that did a terrible job.

The game looks interesting but I can't see myself really putting the hours in to learn in-depth stuff, I don't really feel like shifting my focus from KOF, especially as this being so different it could bite me in the ass in the long run. I kinda like Parasoul though, so I'll try to figure out some basic setups.

Does this game have a character with rekkas/follow-ups?

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
WHY THE FUCK IS THERE LAG ON THE CHARACTER SELECT SCREEN. Im like huh nothing I press works. THEN BAM I HAVE MY CHARACTERS ALL PICKED OUT OF NO WHERE. -.- rage

The game looks interesting but I can't see myself really putting the hours in to learn in-depth stuff, I don't really feel like shifting my focus from KOF, especially as this being so different it could bite me in the ass in the long run. I kinda like Parasoul though, so I'll try to figure out some basic setups.

Ms. Fortune is the rekka character of the current cast.

alstein

Ms.Fortune

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
I like the references to other games, like peacocks falling oil drum leaving behind a roast chicken, or the announcer saying "it's super effective!" if you win, lol.

Why do people always have to rage and swear in fighting games :/

guy get's grabbed for ko.

"fuck youuuuu!"

I think the fighting game genre just tends to attract really angry and aggressive people.

Despite some problems you guys and I have found, I'm still enjoying this even though I haven't played much.

But dat final boss ): You're killing me, Marie!

Tokubetsu

I think the fighting game genre just tends to attract really angry and aggressive people.

It's not just that though. Losing in a fighting game is different than say, Halo. It's more personal. If you lose a match, it's a personal failure. You fucked up or just weren't good enough. YOU weren't good enough. It's a lot harder to swallow those L's, especially if you're the kinda gamer/person who doesn't stop and think about what you maybe doing wrong.

Sorry to hear that - we're definitely looking at adjusting the difficult of the single player content in an update.

Also, Umbrella was inspired by the Morton's salt girl.

Haha, honestly that statement was made more out of my own saltiness rather than any objective criticism - I really couldn't tell you whether I think the final boss is balanced or not.
To me, though, I was getting incredibly frustrated since it seems, like so many other fighting game bosses (I'm looking at you, SNK and Arcana Heart 3), to just fly in the face of everything implicitly learned throughout the game. Playing as Filia and again as Cerebella, I never really felt like my deaths were my fault except when I didn't move out of the way of her "I'm changing forms" explosion. In particular, the skeletons that grab you out of the ground are stick-throw worthy annoyances
. Otherwise I didn't really have a problem with the single-player AI - I can breeze through the story and arcade relatively fine.

Online though, I'm getting whooped. If there are any Skullgirls community lists for GAF could someone point me in the right direction? Or just add my PSN, PchuuPchuu.

g.r.e.

Just tried the 360 version, and the load times are ridiculous.

Guess i'll save my allards until it's fixed, if it's ever happening. Also did you run the game through babelfish or google translate for the localization ? Because it's really bad, and whoever worked on that did a terrible job.
I thought so too. The Italian translation is simply a joke(typos, bad conjunctives...) but fuck that, the game rocks.

shaowebb

I only have one thing to say about the final boss...KEEP IT! Hell make her worse. This is day 1 man and in a game with only 8 characters we need to keep a challenge. What are we gonna do in single player on month 6 without a challenge at the end? If I can take her as slop as i am without Peacock then she can't be that terrible. I'm on normal for now, but I'm about to turn it up to hard now that I got the gist of her.

Make it rain Reverge! Keep that boss a legend.

Raging Spaniard

If they are Dutch, upright and breathing they are more racist than your favorite player
Every time I make a psn chat people message me for an invite instead of giving me a friend invite themselves so I can even invite them in the first place. ANNOYING

Thats because your friends list is FULL

I cant do much about that

Raging Spaniard

If they are Dutch, upright and breathing they are more racist than your favorite player
I think the final boss is fine, I died about 5 or 6 times with Filia, then I figured her out and when I got to her with Cerebella I beat her on the first try.

She forces you to block, pay attention and pick your spots, thats a good boss fight, very unlike the SNK bosses.

Sigmaah

Game feels really good, gonna buy it tomorrow, and I know we're getting 2 dlc chars, but are we getting other chars besides those 2?

shaowebb

I think the final boss is fine, I died about 5 or 6 times with Filia, then I figured her out and when I got to her with Cerebella I beat her on the first try.

She forces you to block, pay attention and pick your spots, thats a good boss fight, very unlike the SNK bosses.

Exactly. Its a boss that makes certain you were paying attention. She's not friggin' Magaki or anything. She's not flood filling the screen with indistructible large missiles or anything and a lot of the stuff she does is punishable. She makes certain you learned how to read things and she ramps up the challenge by being a character whose moves have a narrower window of opportunity to punish. Give it a few days and folks won't even bat an eye at the character. Even more interesting will be that they don't even realize WHY they got better at dealing with stuff in normal matches after trying to get good at the end boss fight.

Pour it on Reverge! Make us sweat. In fact month six sneak in armor on her junk :D
Skullgirl was written as the BoogeyMan and shalt stay that way otherwise it devalues her in the story for being a letdown.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
So how will this game handle DLC characters anyways? What's their solution, or have they not commented on that yet? Splintering the online base? Locking out characters that aren't compatible with the opponent? Mandatory update pack/DLC for all players?

Played the demo a bit, wanna play it some more before I finish writing my impressions.

Top Bottom