• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements/Updates 2013 - Summer sale start date? No one knows, don't ask

Status
Not open for further replies.
Joe Danger PC trailer reveals entire cast of Team Fortress 2 as playable, Minecraft stages included

http://www.vg247.com/2013/06/19/joe...ress-2-as-playable-minecraft-stages-included/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=KbGmbEAx32Y

Throwing my money at the screen right now.

Heh, pretty cool. Except that I don't know who they managed to ruin JD2 when JD1 was really fun, got 100% trophies and all, couldn't play JD2 for more than 2 minutes. So much shit on the screen.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Guys, how the hell did you manage to waste reach 9 pages in less than 15 hours? Summer Seal hasn't started yet!

Also, 5th day straight without internet at home. I'm beginning to feel withdrawal symptoms :/

Guys, how the hell did you manage to waste reach 9 pages in less than 15 hours? Summer Seal hasn't started yet!

Also, 5th day straight without internet at home. I'm beginning to feel withdrawal symptoms :/

cards mang. fucking cards.

oh, and Valve reducing game count epeen.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
You're giving me summer sale banner hype. Also let's be Steam friends once it comes back online so I can see your Runner 2 scores on my leaderboards. The dude that was showing up on them previously must have stopped playing at World 3.
You play Runner 2 too? Feel free to add me: steamcommunity.com/id/rionaam

Mind you, I'm first in almost every level (I'm certain that I'll reach first place too in the ones I haven't yet), so only do that if you want to suffer.

JaseC has an unfair advantage being Australian:

1) He racks up the scoreboard while everyone else is sleeping.

2) Australia has creatures that evolved with the express purpose of killing humans, so he stays in-doors.
I'm sure he also trained some of those monsters to post with his account when he's sleeping.

ShaneB

I've got plenty of badges and maxed out my drops for plenty of games but no booster packs yet :(.

Valve did decide to be a bunch of stealth bastards overnight and give me a badge for my game collection though!

N5ZJN-660X3-VXGGY

Didn't see anyone take it, so tried claiming it myself, but already taken :) Thanks regardless!

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Fuck people that undercut prices by more than a cent or two.
Yeah, that's why I always put my cards 2 cents lower than the lowest price. Won't run that race to the bottom like some other guys do.

Has it ever been 100% confirmed that Steam works indefinitely in offline mode? I remember seeing some "2 week limit" stuff a little while ago.
The rate this is going (fuck you stupid ISP), looks like I'll be without internet for a year or two (exaggerating a little bit). Will post back in 365 days and let you know if it still works.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
My only time listed in Brutal Legend is the time I loaded it up today to idle, but I noticed that game got me at least 5 random messages from people noting my playing it. I had to let them down and give them the real talk of what I was doing.

But anyway if my anecdotal experience is scientific, then start up Brutal Legend if you wanna break the ice with people.
Nice, I like it when people start talking to me after opening a game they really enjoyed. Gotta spread that gaming love <3

So far it happened with Deus Ex and Sonic Whatever Whatever Transformed. Need to find another game that will make people talk to me, looks like Leyenda Brutal is a good one.

I've made the terrible mistake of buying a Faerie Solitaire card pack for 1,19&#8364; when the rest were selling for 1,40-ish, thinking that I'd be able to make a small profit.

Not sure if I should sit on it for a while or sell it for 1,20&#8364; and minimize the losses...

derExperte

Took a gamble yesterday and bought all the cards that heavily undercut my SS Infinity one. Lo and behold, prices are up again, I'm financially back to where I started and still have three of that card worth 1&#8364; each. This is fun, pointless but fun.

we are all now Market Analysists. Thanks Gaben.

So on another topic, how do you guys think this game 'sharing' this will work? I imagine it'll have to be some kind of check-in check-out system with a library notification on which games are 'out'?

What's the incentive on Steams end though? People like Jase (who doesn't play games anyway :D) can just loan out his entire library at any given time.

It's definitely interesting. I almost hope this doesn't lead to 'used game DD' that cause prices to increase.

Maxwood

Oh rock of ages, do not crumble, love is breathing still. Oh lady moon shine down, a little people magic if you will.
Brütal Legend just keeps on dropping. Kinda regret not insta-selling.
Ah well, sold one for 0.65, keeping the rest for trading. Not that there are really card I would like. Maybe some SMB, seeing as it's so close near completion.

Psychonauts needs cards.
Or Civ. :nuclearghandi:

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member

So on another topic, how do you guys think this game 'sharing' this will work? I imagine it'll have to be some kind of check-in check-out system with a library notification on which games are 'out'?

What's the incentive on Steams end though? People like Jase (who doesn't play games anyway :D) can just loan out his entire library at any given time.

It's definitely interesting. I almost hope this doesn't lead to 'used game DD' that cause prices to increase.
If you try and like the game, it's possible that you may end up buying it, so you can play it at your own leisure and not have to depend on someone else's time.

That's the only reason I can think of.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
Just wait until I tell my imaginary wife that I sold our imaginary dog's imaginary liver to put more money on my Steam wallet so I could buy digital cards :(

I imagine she'd be very upset.

The Wolf of Steam Card Trading

Directed by Gaben

Written by E. Wolpaw

Would watch
if it dropped cards while I watched

Oh god. Steam needs to start distributing movies.

If you try and like the game, it's possible that you may end up buying it, so you can play it at your own leisure and not have to depend on someone else's time.

That's the only reason I can think of.

Which may work for longer games, but what about the shorter 'indie' games? Thomas was Alone took me about 3 hours i think...could power through that in a night borrowed from someone else w/o buying my own copy.

Maxwood

Oh rock of ages, do not crumble, love is breathing still. Oh lady moon shine down, a little people magic if you will.
"Error: To be able to lend your friends game, your going to have to give up five steamcards first"

Tempy

don't ask me for codes

There could be a small fee involved. More like renting rather than borrowing.

Tomodachi

Any recent news on Minerva's Den coming to Steam? I'm waiting for that to start my Bioshock marathon which will culminate in my purchase and playthrough of Infinite.

ArjanN

Would watch
if it dropped cards while I watched

Oh god. Steam needs to start distributing movies.

Valve is way ahead of you, they added steam achievements to Indie Game: The Movie.

Any recent news on Minerva's Den coming to Steam? I'm waiting for that to start my Bioshock marathon which will culminate in my purchase and playthrough of Infinite.

No news, but Bioshock 2 is still getting daily updates on the backend.

KingKong

I imagine it will be like free weekend games where it will be in your library for x days and afterwards you can buy it to unlock it to own and it will keep your save games and data

for people who are sharing, one game at a time, maybe you have to own a game for 3 months before sharing, you get some upgradable badge for sharing

I'm selling all my Brutal Legend cards, even if they go for 30 cents. I have faith that the people collecting these things will run out long before the idiots who will keep undercutting prices until they go down to 3 cents (market minimum).

There could be a small fee involved. More like renting rather than borrowing.

I imagine it will be like free weekend games where it will be in your library for x days and afterwards you can buy it to unlock it to own and it will keep your save games and data

for people who are sharing, one game at a time, maybe you have to own a game for 3 months before sharing, you get some upgradable badge for sharing

Both sound plausible. I just have trouble with them trying to implement something where there is no monetary value. The past few large 'updates' have all put money in their pocket.

Grief.exe

Ya I posted something on the database status about 5 pages back.

Both BioShock 2 and Arkham City are testing QA
builds. We might see something very soon.

On my phone, so its kind of a hassle to find the post.

Tomodachi

Excellent news and don't worry, your summary is enough :) Thanks.

kaleii

More like 8 pages back. Man, this thread moves fast!

Ok this is interesting.

Both Bioshock 2 and Batman Arkham Asylum have had Steam Achievements added recently.

We've theorized that something is happening with GFWL based on both games having achievements added, but not activated, and Halo 2 having an 'alternative option' date set for June.

Well looking at the registry entry for Bioshock 2 and Batman Arkham City have shown some interesting parallels.

Batman Arkham City

Quote:
branches/qa_beta/pwdrequired: 1
branches/qa_beta/buildid: 83116
branches/qa_beta/description: QA Beta Branch

branches/dev_beta/pwdrequired: 1
branches/dev_beta/buildid: 48322
branches/dev_beta/description: Development Beta

branches/test_update_1/buildid: 47988 › 46882
Bioshock 2

Quote:
branches/digitalextremes/pwdrequired: 1
branches/2kgamesqa/pwdrequired: 1
branches/Public/buildid: 62169
branches/digitalextremes/buildid: 62169
branches/2kgamesqa/buildid: 62169
branches/2kgamesqa/description:
branches/digitalextremes/description

launch/1/executable: MP\Builds\Binaries\BioShock2Launcher.exe › MP\Builds\Binaries\Bioshock2Launcher.exe
launch/0/executable: SP\Builds\Binaries\BioShock2Launcher.exe › SP\Builds\Binaries\Bioshock2Launcher.exe
So both games, done by different studios and publishers have updated their test builds within the last few hours. Both are pushing QA and their own internal test builds through daily.

Something big is happening very soon.

Interesting to note that the Bioshock 2 updates have been farmed out to Digital Extremes, the same guys behind Warframe. I'm going to shoot them an email and see if they have any information.
Las

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom