• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements/Updates 2013 - Summer sale start date? No one knows, don't ask

Status
Not open for further replies.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
Eh, especially if you leave it on a static start menu and idle it, I am sure the costs are negligible.

All I'm saying is that there is a guy in Idaho running a low-power linux box that is making literally pennies more than all you other suckers.

cicero

haha. Went to check prices on Trine 2 cards and who do I see selling a Zoya but Stallion Free. LOWER IT TO $.40!@# That extra $.06 is a hoof in the eye.

EDIT: Too late.

Grief.exe

So far my joining Twitter has gotten me a couple replies, but no actual information.

HOUpqQV.png

https://twitter.com/GdeFondaumiere/status/347406159348641794

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
I don't want to break your heart, but you're probably not going to drag out any new information from people on Twitter.

Grief.exe

notsurewhatiwasexpecting.jpg

It is $3 right now on GOG too. Good sale over there.

I was just seeing if they planned on releasing a Steam version in the future.

I'm planning on picking it up over on GOG, along with Clive Barker's Undying. Just waiting to see if it goes daily.

He did give you the only legitimate response to your query though. GOG is always the ultimate answer.

It is true.

I wish I had picked up the GOG version of Riddick rather than Steam.

When I originally purchased that title, and Bioshock 2 for that matter, I didn't check for DRM before I bought.

Is The Secret World worth the asking price? I understand it follows the Guild Wars 2 model at the moment, but how is the community holding up, is it a game I could realistically essentially solo [much like Guild Wars 2] should I wish?

This has to be the 5th time I complain about Hotline Miami but now it fuckin' hardlocked my PC. I will never get all of those puzzle pieces. Fuck.

nexen

I was just seeing if they planned on releasing a Steam version in the future.

I'm planning on picking it up over on GOG, along with Clive Barker's Undying. Just waiting to see if it goes daily.
You don't think it will go any cheaper than $3, do you? I just bought Undying yesterday.

it bodes well for my humanity that even if hotline miami was one of my favorite games from last year I am still able to be totally disgusted by it

yes. Playing the game isn't SO bad. When the animations are slowed down (instead of franctic murder sim mode)....they are so brutal.

Is The secret world any good?

It's not bad. The Secret World takes place in the modern world with the supernatural bleeding in so it doesn't feel boiler plate like every other sword-and-sorcery MMO. The mechanics (sort of) and the world reflect this interesting dichotomy. For example you'll be using shotguns that shoot slow AoE attacks on mobs of eldritch monsters in a New York subway and soon after you can be blasting through hordes of zombies in a small New England town with blood magic. It's kind of weird and dark. It's totally worth giving it a shot at 15$.

I tried to make my way through the game solo and pugged when I could but ultimately I find MMO's kind of boring when you don't have a group of friends to play with, so I fell off the Secret World.

zkylon

zkylewd
yes. Playing the game isn't SO bad. When the animations are slowed down (instead of franctic murder sim mode)....they are so brutal.

sorta, there's a repulsiveness to the game I feel it's healthy. like, everything's so grotesque that it should not be pleasing to watch, even if it's a joy to play. I really appreciate that contradiction

Kassu

Banned
I liked The Secret World but I just don't have time to play it. Quests and specifically the story behind them were really interesting and made it feel different compared to the other MMOs. However the gameplay is just as boring and bland as you can expect from an MMO, though I probably haven't played it enough to criticize that and I don't really even understand what I should do with the skill tree(s) either.

Maybe I should try to play it again more often, it just feels so hard to start playing any online game since I know how much time they consume and I have other things to do. Maybe MMOs aren't my thing.

nexen

Given the server costs, I wonder how low FunCom will be comfortable going on TSW. I think ~ $15 is the lowest so far.

edit: actually, I guess they have some in game purchases to augment it.

Given the server costs, I wonder how low FunCom will be comfortable going on TSW. I think ~ $15 is the lowest so far.

edit: actually, I guess they have some in game purchases to augment it.

lowest I've seen in $15 (confirmed via enhanced steam). Waiting for a littttle lower to jump. I wish I had more time to play games.

zkylon

zkylewd
I cried when the grocery store near my house took out the MK1 machine when I was a kid.
lol I still remember that first time I saw mk1, in uruguay of all places. tv store was closed for the night, but a tv was still on, game demo on infinite loop, in all it's goriness.

eventually I got over it I guess, since I remember playing the shit out of mk3 ultimate on my genesis

The machete fatality is BRUTAL.

And awesome.
yeah machete is my favorite weapon in the game

I really like the straight up knife, just barging into a room and swinging that shit like a madman, finally throwing and sticking it into some russian mobster's eye.

(but I meant fatalities as in mortal kombat :p)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom