• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements/Updates 2013 - Summer sale start date? No one knows, don't ask

Status
Not open for further replies.

Salsa

Crysis 2 is kinda bad huh

im enjoying it in the places where it most resembles Crysis 1 but those are so few and between. There's a shit ton of unnecessary exposition

also im kinda surprised at how it aged. The character models look awful

shooting feels good

-tetsuo-

Unlimited Capacity

im enjoying it in the places where it most resembles Crysis 1 but those are so few and between. There's a shit ton of unnecessary exposition

shooting feels good

You got dat MaldoHD mod, right?

Salsa

You got dat MaldoHD mod, right?

yeah, can only do so much, talking mostly about basic geometry and animation and such. There's a whole scene where that dude finds out
prophet died
and he just reacts to it for like 10 seconds with the stiffiest animation ive seen in a while and you're like 2 feet away from him. He looked like a hilarious mannequin.

It's specially weird cause the dudes at the beggining looked okay. I guess the whole thing feels kinda impersistent

evidently the game still has a bunch of bells and whistles since my framerate can still tank ocasionally on a 680

Since I'm 15 years late to the party and didn't see an immediate answer on the Steam or wikipedia pages...how integral is multiplayer to Baldur's Gate? Can everything be played singleplayer or do you miss out on much by skipping multiplayer?
If anything you miss out more playing it multiplayer, as other players take up party space that would otherwise be one of your AI companions so you miss out on that banter and interaction. Of the Infinity Engine titles Icewind Dale has you making up a generic party though so that one's ripe for multiplayer.

Tenrius

Thanks. I just wanted to make sure Baldur's Gate had a normal full singleplayer campaign and whatnot. I feel like I missed out on a classic or something. :p

Multiplayer in BG can be kinda fun as well. Basically, other people can join your single player game on a drop-in/drop-out basis and take control of any number of characters (there's a maximum party of six and you normally control all of them). Not essential in any way, but good if you have a roommate who's up for like 50-100 hours of this.

If anything you miss out more playing it multiplayer, as other players take up party space that would otherwise be one of your AI companions so you miss out on that banter and interaction. Of the Infinity Engine titles Icewind Dale has you making up a generic party though so that one's ripe for multiplayer.

You can still have AI companions in your multiplayer party as far as I remember.

Got a key for Death to Spies Moment of Truth. I thought my laptop might be able to run it, but looking over my specs, I'd rather not take the chance and waste a key. Plus I got like four or five other games to play'.

Anyone interested?

Thanks. I just wanted to make sure Baldur's Gate had a normal full singleplayer campaign and whatnot. I feel like I missed out on a classic or something. :p

Yeah it is basically 100% single player along with Planescape torment and the likes. you'll be missing out on party interactions if you try to play with others (which is almost the best part of the game).

Once you get into the NWN games things get a bit more blurry as they are more set up for multiplayer. In those games you can apparently still have a lot of fun role playing with friends and it is probably the recommended way to play. Even then, they still have really lengthy single player quests, they just happen to be pretty poor.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.

shooting feels good

The AI is god-awful: it shouldn't be possible to clear entire areas by mashing the melee button, but it is. Also, "nanosuit" is to its narrative as "nanomachines" is to that of MGS4.

Edit: And the levels are as linear as they are cramped. Crytek had hoped to get around this by creating encounters that encourage you to use the environment, but the space is so limited, it doesn't really work.

Tenrius

Got a key for Death to Spies Moment of Truth. I thought my laptop might be able to run it, but looking over my specs, I'd rather not take the chance and waste a key. Plus I got like four or five other games to play'.

Anyone interested?

I'd appreciate it.

EDIT: Or did you decide not to give it away?

Salsa

The AI is god-awful: it shouldn't be possible to clear entire areas by mashing the melee button, but it is. Also, "nanosuit" is to its narrative as "nanomachines" is to MGS4.

well I think you gifted it to me back then so now I know your level of appreciation equals that of games with terrible AI

NaM

Does not have twelve inches...
Okay I have a mental problem:
http://i.imgur.com/MBinnK2.jpg[img]

All of these are unplayed point and click adventures I have on Steam. I also probably have 20 or 30 unplayed PnCs off Steam. (A few of them I played a long time ago like The Dig). Any recommendations?[/QUOTE]

The Dig is awesome, you should play that again for sure if it's been 10 years or so since the last time.

[quote="Blizzard, post: 68050046"]Indiana Jones and the Fate of Atlantis is one of my favorite adventure games ever, though perhaps I view it with nostalgia glasses. I remember it being funny and a bit interesting.[/QUOTE]

It is really good too but I like The Dig more :)

Grief.exe

Its funny that you think that.

Valve's entire business model has been fostered around creating competition through Steamworks while funneling people toward the Valve ecosystem.

Its irrelevant that you didn't spend any money on the Steam store. You still activated games within the client and became more tied to the store.
Millions of people did the same thing, and a high percent of them will spend at least some money during the Steam sale or at some point over the next decade.

Their server infrastructure is already in place, bandwidth costs at this point are minimal.

Getting people sucked into their client is the exact plan, and you walked right into it.

tumblr_mbwr97AsJE1r8l821o1_400.gif

we are already dead

We need a Gaben laughing to the bank gif

Freezard

I can recommend NWN2 multiplayer, it's really fun playing through the campaign with others. The only problem is finding the right people cause it's a long game and if you're a guy who likes to explore everything and take it easy, not many have the patience for that.

zkylon

zkylewd
is it me or does it take longer to get cards now?

been playing (idling) gratuitous space battles for 4 hours now and still got 2 more cards to drop...

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
greatsuccessgrsqo.jpg

It took a little while thanks to the way automatic activation works, but we got there in the end! Thanks again, Xelios Kontos.

Thieve

Neo Member
is it me or does it take longer to get cards now?

been playing (idling) gratuitous space battles for 4 hours now and still got 2 more cards to drop...

I had the same problem, Steam bugged out and didn't count GSB as playing (look at your friends list, it should show you as playing or not playing). Just had to restart the game.

justjim89

Any sort of substantial info or gameplay on The Raven? It seems like a really interesting world and story. Beautiful art style and you can tell it's from the makers of Book of Unwritten Tales. Just deciding whether or not I should bite the bullet while I can afford it.

yeah, can only do so much, talking mostly about basic geometry and animation and such. There's a whole scene where that dude finds out
prophet died
and he just reacts to it for like 10 seconds with the stiffiest animation ive seen in a while and you're like 2 feet away from him. He looked like a hilarious mannequin.

It's specially weird cause the dudes at the beggining looked okay. I guess the whole thing feels kinda impersistent

evidently the game still has a bunch of bells and whistles since my framerate can still tank ocasionally on a 680
Yeah, Crysis 2 is widely inconsistent. I liked it though.

Caerith

Are there upgrades in Mark of the Ninja that allow you deal with guards in a non-lethal manner so you can clear an area and also get the no kill bonus at the end of the level?
Not really. You get upgrades later on that make it easier to remain undetected, though.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Just bought the Walking Dead DLC and Bully. Why did I buy the latter, when I had already finished the disc version a while ago? No idea.

Is there a way to save custom resolutions for the Nvidia control panel? Redoing them with every driver is frustrating, mentioned this a few days ago but just got around to reentering all of them.

DTKT

Sweet, thanks. It seems that buying a mystery card outright is a better idea though. It's cheaper than crafting a badge.

zkylon

zkylewd
need that 1 (one) dollar discount on sr4 and won't stop at nothing

I had the same problem. My solution was to restart GSB just after I got a new card.
I had the same problem, Steam bugged out and didn't count GSB as playing (look at your friends list, it should show you as playing or not playing). Just had to restart the game.
I'm getting the exact same problem in other games and it looks like other people are getting it as well.

http://steamcommunity.com/groups/tradingcards/discussions/1/864972399741824975/

It started yesterday night for me. So best bet is wait it out till valve fixes it and play the games you wanna play.
trying restarting it now, we'll see

only one card left

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom