• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements/Updates 2013 - Summer sale start date? No one knows, don't ask

Status
Not open for further replies.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Selling them is super easy. Click them in your inventory, click sell, and a window appears showing historical prices. I just price mine a few cents below current prices and they're gone within minutes. Not major returns, but hey, free money.

...how have I not noticed this before? I feel stupid.

Selling them is super easy. Click them in your inventory, click sell, and a window appears showing historical prices. I just price mine a few cents below current prices and they're gone within minutes. Not major returns, but hey, free money.
Wow,you're right - that is easy.

Still, I'd probably get more satisfaction giving them to someone who loves playing with the market than I would actually selling them myself :)

Its out - 12 dollars

header_292x136.jpg

http://store.steampowered.com/app/39140/

I almost shat my pants when seeing this and I knew that it was coming

tumblr_ma75srb6CQ1qhn549.jpg

JaseC

I was selling hats a few months ago and that chart wasn't available then...

It's definitely there now:

chart3ns2x.jpg

I feel like I would have noticed a (relatively) large chart, haha. I'm usually downloading something and it doesn't take much to max out my connection, so maybe it simply hadn't loaded by the time I was ready to click the sell button.

Just wondering, have you exceeded the 200 transaction limit thing yet? Curious what info they will request from Australians.

The transaction limit is in regard to sales specifically; there's no limit on what you can purchase. I've only sold a few cards here and there, so I haven't caught Valve's automated eye just yet. Somebody in this thread -- I think it was Salsa -- mentioned that you just have to fill out an online form to prove your international residency and wait for Valve to verify the details. After that, you're golden.

DOA

If Valve was losing money by providing Steam keys for Amazon and GMG to use, why would they continue to provide Steam keys for Amazon and GMG to use?

because they're not EA, and they think about the gamers first (in which will get them more money :) )

Echoplx

The transaction limit is in regard to sales specifically; there's no limit on what you can purchase. I've only sold a few cards here and there, so I haven't caught Valve's automated eye just yet. Somebody in this thread -- I think it was Salsa -- mentioned that you just have to fill out an online form to prove your international residency and wait for Valve to verify the details. After that, you're golden.

Right, sounds easy enough. I've been selling all my cards. Gonna grab Dust with the money :p

Thank you for the info

Tak3n

Banned
I am not sure what your price is for FF stateside but there is a trusted seller who sells the key for $10 if you wanted to save a few

http://steamcommunity.com/id/iHEO

once you complete a sale with him you get an invite to his sales group... currently 233 members

anyway I can vouch for him, having bought 3 keys from him in the past

Caerith

Correct me if I'm wrong, but:

Midweek Madness sales run from 10am Tuesday to 4pm Thursday except if the sale is starting that week. If the sale is starting that week, the Midweek Madness sales run from 10am Tuesday to 10am Thursday, and the sale begins at 10am Thursday. If the current Midweek Madness is scheduled to end at 4pm Thursday, the sale isn't starting this week.

The current Midweek Madness sales end at 4pm.
The sale isn't starting this week.

Grief.exe

Just because they added bundles doesn't mean the sale is starting the very next day.

Hard stop people. This is true. They have been updating bundles in the registry for a while.

The Summer Sale likely starts on the 11th, respect the thread title and the mod wishes, no more Summer Sale date talk.

We are done.

wetflame

Pizza Dog
I know this is trading card related, but has anyone got a coupon since the mystery cards started being given out for crafting? Seems like they're not dropping now, at least as far as I can tell. Could be a sign that the sale is coming sooner rather than later as obviously the discounts don't work with games on sale.

Grief.exe

This Registry entry always makes me wonder

http://steamdb.info/app/204700/#section_history

These guys have to be screwing with me.

I know this is trading card related, but has anyone got a coupon since the mystery cards started being given out for crafting? Seems like they're not dropping now, at least as far as I can tell. Could be a sign that the sale is coming sooner rather than later as obviously the discounts don't work with games on sale.

Probably made redundant if their expiration would overlap with a major sale.

Just speculating, I don't actually know.

cicero

Why should I refute your point? I don't disagree with it, and it's not relevant to the discussion.

Relax, bro. I love Gabe, too. I'm not besmirching his honor. Put down the torch.

Your comment was that a third party retailer had "stole", your word, revenue from Valve during a sale. I gave clear evidence showing that apparently wasn't a concern to Gabe, as of that interview that is, and that there was no evidence that his views or the direction of Valve had changed in that regard due to that direction being no longer economically viable. Clearly a motive beyond pure profits is the basis for their actions, and/or that MORE profits come by maintaining a more open system to begin with.

Let me break it down. And I mean that honestly, because I really feel like this is a very simple concept, but apparently I'm not explaining it well.

Customer A uses Steam.
Customer B does not use Steam.

Scenario A: Valve leads off quarterly sales by being the first to market with their sales.
Customer A buys the game on Steam, Customer B does not see the sale on Steam, buys the game on Amazon, GMG, or another, and becomes a Steam user.
User Gained: 1
Sales Made: 1

Scenario B: Valve is the last to market with a quarterly sale.
Customer A buys the game he wants when he sees it on a steep sale on another site. Customer Be does the same, and becomes a Steam user.
User Gained: 1
Sales Made: 0

Does that make things clearer? Or are we going to again ignore this very simple concept and launch into another hyperbole driven rebuttal about how I supposedly think the sky is falling, Gaben is dying, and Steam is no longer economically viable.
If they were so concerned with competing with other retailers, then why do they give away free keys to the developers/publishers to sell on those sites or directly? Why are they not taxing them? So apparently Valve should see the loss of these sales during special promotions as adversely impacting them to a degree that should change the basic direction of how Steam approaches other digital sales and retailers? I don't even believe you understood or knew about what Gabe commented on before I posted it, else you might have acknowledged the rational response one might assume Valve would have towards the promotions of other retailers, which would be to not really care at all. You have no evidence to assume it would or should be otherwise.

There have been no torches here... Hello, exaggerated hyperbole, we meet again.

That $3.99 STALKER deal is probably going to be what I wind up throwing at my friends list.

Possibly Atom Zombie Smasher, just because of the surf music.

[EDIT] The conversation is over. No one cares.

Rather than you shit up the thread with a discussion that got old pages ago, why don't you just PM me your exhaustive points on Lord Gaben and I'll reply back when I feel like it.

If you took a look at Final Fantasy VII and thought "played it, give me an arcadey Euro racer instead", the Steamworks-enabled Insane 2's on sale at GamersGate today for $5 - http://www.gamersgate.com/DD-INSANE2/insane-2

Sadly, the 5% off elder-geek.com code doesn't seem to work any more, and the supposed replacement code ("DERP") just "adds" a "discount" of 0%.

JaseC

If you took a look at Final Fantasy VII and thought "played it, give me an arcadey Euro racer instead", the Steamworks-enabled Insane 2's on sale at GamersGate today for $5 - http://www.gamersgate.com/DD-INSANE2/insane-2

Sadly, the 5% off elder-geek.com code doesn't seem to work any more, and the supposed replacement code ("DERP") just "adds" a "discount" of 0%.

Cheers, I snapped this up. Also worth noting is that the cheapest the game has been on Steam itself is $12.

metalshade

Is it actually fun?
Sidenote, I absolutely love the old game POWERSLIDE, the greatest handling vehicles in any game EVER!
Its on gog for cheap right now.

Has anyone else been having a hell of a time getting GMG codes to activate on Steam? I've bought Book of Unwritten Tales and the Walking Dead DLC from GMG's sale and I can't get either of the codes to activate. The progress bar struggles along and eventually gives up, saying "Steam server is unavailable".

EDIT - Derp, just restarted Steam and it works now :p

Is it actually fun?
Sidenote, I absolutely love the old game POWERSLIDE, the greatest handling vehicles in any game EVER!
Its on gog for cheap right now.

Can't give any personal impressions since I haven't played it yet - the first 1nsane game had its moments, though for all I know the two may be related as closely as the same publisher's Cannon Fodder 3 is to the earlier games in that series.

The RPS impressions article on the game sounds kinda positive, but also reads like the writer didn't spend a whole lot of time on it either.

Has anyone else been having a hell of a time getting GMG codes to activate on Steam? I've bought Book of Unwritten Tales and the Walking Dead DLC from GMG's sale and I can't get either of the codes to activate. The progress bar struggles along and eventually gives up, saying "Steam server is unavailable".

Sounds like a Steam issue to me. I've had bad keys before and Steam lets me know each time.

EDIT - Derp, just restarted Steam and it works now :p

Well, there you go.

cicero

You'll feel pretty silly when Green Man Gaming announce they are now in a position to start developing Half Life 3.
Seeing as it would be Green Man Gaming quality, why not just do the converse of exponential decay and call it "Doubling Time" and have the human race invade an alien planet after they accidentally create dimensional seams from their world to ours. I dream of an alien world based entirely on gravity-defying conveyor belts.

metalshade

Can't give any personal impressions since I haven't played it yet - the first 1nsane game had its moments, though for all I know the two may be related as closely as the same publisher's Cannon Fodder 3 is to the earlier games in that series.

The RPS impressions article on the game sounds kinda positive, but also reads like the writer didn't spend a whole lot of time on it either.

Thanks for posting it man, I just bought it.
After looking it up on youtube, I suddenly recalled driving an awesome baha beetle on the moon in the original 1nsane, and immediately bought the sequel lol.
Ah memories.
Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom