• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements/Updates 2013 - Summer sale start date? No one knows, don't ask

Status
Not open for further replies.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
I bought TWD: 400 Days instead of FFVII. Didn't notice that the SE DRM requires you to be always online, right before I hit the final checkout page too.

Thanks GMG, for giving me 7 pages of checkout processes so I can review my decisions.

I know it lol

I can't do anything with the current system without some hitch. They really need to overhaul and simplify things.

^^ Already noted in the OT but it is a shame. They don't deserve money. Your money would be better spent on any of the PS versions including the PSN.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Does anyone have The Amazing Spider-Man?

I do! Salsa talked me into buying it upon release, while I was drunk. He probably said something like, "It will increase your game count!" and I would have responded with, "Excellent point!"

You don't buy Origin games, you get them for free when EA screws up.

LvqyV.png

Never forget.

Haha that actually happened to me with Simcity :/

masterkajo

I do! Salsa talked me into buying it upon release, when I was drunk. He probably said something like, "It will increase your game count!" and I would have responded with, "Excellent point!"

Ha, drunken game purchases. I wonder how much of steam's annual revenue is made off drunken game purchases. I know some of my friends have done it several times. They seem to be highly suggestive and buy nearly everything I tell them to. Unfortunately, they somehow are still aware if I want them to gift it to me. I should work on my technique, I guess.

JBourne

maybe tomorrow it rains
I do! Salsa talked me into buying it upon release, when I was drunk. He probably said something like, "It will increase your game count!" and I would have responded with, "Excellent point!"

Do you have the DLC? I bought it on Amazon and it came with individual codes for each piece of DLC as well as a code for the DLC bundle.

Tak3n

Banned
Does anyone have The Amazing Spider-Man?

I do, it is ok, to be honest I got it for my 5 year old to swing around the city, he does not do any missions as it is a 16, but he enjoys just jumping and swinging around...

I guess that has not helped you much

Edit

I see you are asking about DLC, I dont have that

Sheeshor

Banned
Steam should really be more clear about shitty DRM in Games. They shouldn't allow something like the FF7 DRM at all if you ask me, but when they do they should really highlight it in the shop. I would hate to accidentally buy something like this.

Milamber

Steam should really be more clear about shitty DRM in Games. They shouldn't allow something like the FF7 DRM at all if you ask me, but when they do they should really highlight it in the shop. I would hate to accidentally buy something like this.

They just let EA put back DarkSpore, so.... yeah.

JBourne

maybe tomorrow it rains
I do, it is ok, to be honest I got it for my 5 year old to swing around the city, he does not do any missions as it is a 16, but he enjoys just jumping and swinging around...

I guess that has not helped you much

Edit

I see you are asking about DLC, I dont have that

I've played it on 360 already. I'm a Spidey fanboy, but only recently built a PC that could handle it. Had to jump on the first sale I saw, even though it wasn't a good one.

If JaseC doesn't want it I'll pass the code to you. I'm kinda surprised anyone bothered responding, really. I just hate seeing a Steam key go unredeemed.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Do you have the DLC? I bought it on Amazon and it came with individual codes for each piece of DLC as well as a code for the DLC bundle.

Yeah, I purchased it from the Steam Store a while back. Thanks for the offer, though!

Fucking great no Mortal Kombat in my country..

If you ever resolve the issues you have with the game working to your satisfaction then I would be happy to gift it to you for reimbursement of a game or two from my Steam wishlist.

It's pretty pricey in the UK Steam Store though :/ so you might be better off doing this with a GAFer who can get it cheaper in their region.

The offer stands though; just let me know if you are interested at any point.

I see even Neo-gaf is not safe from the spelling police, or in this case the puncuation police

Nicely done! :)

bigace33

I'm not understanding the whole DRM problem with Final Fantasy 7. It says you can play the game on any computer with cloud saves. Am I misunderstanding them or something?

HoosTrax

I'm not understanding the whole DRM problem with Final Fantasy 7. It says you can play the game on any computer with cloud saves. Am I misunderstanding them or something?
That worked sooo well with GFWL saves. So well that I had to start over with 0% progress when GFWL/XBL went down.

That said, I have no idea if FVII v2.0 has both local and cloud saves (like Steam cloud), or if it's fully online cloud saves only.

I do! Salsa talked me into buying it upon release, while I was drunk. He probably said something like, "It will increase your game count!" and I would have responded with, "Excellent point!"

You shouldn't drink bro, what happens if your'e drunk at party and the lovely bone's girl tries to jump your bones and can't cause your messed up

On topic, I'm nearly done with Halo 2 on Heroic and FUCK YOU you god damn elites, just fucking die with I throw 10 plasma grenades in your face, don't whip out your dick and rip me apart with it.

Is game count important for some reason that I haven't learned yet?

M.D

Are there any deals on Dishonored: The Knife of Dunwall? I remember seeing a deal for £3.99 at some point, but can't find it now

A higher number is always better than a lower number.
Oh, so just aesthetic.

But more games do seen impractical unless you're saving them in your inventory for trade opportunities

I mean, I have 15 games right now. Out of those, I'm only going to play 6 of them. And if I could have just keep those 6 and give the rest away, I would.

Chrom

That said, I have no idea if FVII v2.0 has both local and cloud saves (like Steam cloud), or if it's fully online cloud saves only.

"To back up your save files, remember to turn on Cloud Saving in the Network Settings panel on the FINAL FANTASY VII launcher. Uninstalling the game will delete any save files stored locally on your PC."

Doesn't that mean you don't have to settle with cloud saves if you don't want to?

Oh, so just aesthetic.

But more games do seen impractical unless you're saving them in your inventory for trade opportunities

I mean, I have 15 games right now. Out of those, I'm only going to play 6 of them. And if I could have just keep those 6 and give the rest away, I would.
You must be new here

inky

Oh, so just aesthetic.

We all start like that. Then the game count creeps on you with the sales and bundles and before you know it, you own hundreds of games, most of which you might not even have any intention of playing... or you keep telling yourself you will. I admit that just padding it is a little excessive, but a lot of people like to hunt down every game they can.

We all start like that. Then the game count creeps on you with the sales and bundles and before you know it, you own hundreds of games, most of which you might not even have any intention of playing... or you keep telling yourself you will. I admit that just padding it is a little excessive, but a lot of people like to hunt down every game they can.
Well the thing is I can't get bundles or sales whenever I want. I don't have a credit card or Paypal and rely on Wallet cards. So I have to be very selective with what games I get. If it wasn't for the generousity of other GAFfers, I wouldn't have any games right now

Every purchase is a hours-long debate involving meticulous research and weighing cost against potential replay value

Alien Bob

taken advantage of my ass
Speaking of 1.. 2.. 3.. Kick It, how is the game now? I picked it up when it was first released, and I found it terrible. Have they improved it much?

Completely different game now. New engine, new everything. The only thing that's still similar is that it's still music based, but they've been adding a whole lot of stuff the past few months. Whether you'll actually enjoy it now is up to you, but it's definitely a lot closer to being finished.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Ha, drunken game purchases. I wonder how much of steam's annual revenue is made off drunken game purchases. I know some of my friends have done it several times. They seem to be highly suggestive and buy nearly everything I tell them to. Unfortunately, they somehow are still aware if I want them to gift it to me. I should work on my technique, I guess.
I bought Bully last night. Though in my defense, I was just a tiny bit tipsy, nothing more. And I had already beat the game before, so I knew I loved it. And it was really cheap, though those $2.50 could have gone to a game I haven't played yet when the Summer Sale comes. Still, great game, and I wanted it on Steam anyway.

What I'd love to happen is wake up one afternoon, check my Steam library and see that I bought Aliens: Colonial Marines at full price, or some shit like that. And by "love" I mean "I'll want to kill myself and you'll all laugh at me and make me cry".

:)

I made that I'm still rocking it as my avatar.
Haven't "bought" any Origin games since.
It's a great pic! To be honest, since Imgur is blocked at work, I blindly copied the url that was in the OP of the voucher thread and pasted it here, so it seems that luckily I got it right.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
That worked sooo well with GFWL saves. So well that I had to start over with 0% progress when GFWL/XBL went down.

What happened to your perverted avatar? By the way, that was totally a strange something wearing a different strange something costume.

You shouldn't drink bro, what happens if your'e drunk at party and the lovely bone's girl tries to jump your bones and can't cause your messed up
"Get out lady, you're only a level 7 on Steam. I only date level 15's or up."

Completely different game now. New engine, new everything. The only thing that's still similar is that it's still music based, but they've been adding a whole lot of stuff the past few months. Whether you'll actually enjoy it now is up to you, but it's definitely a lot closer to being finished.

Not that I'm aware of. It's basically just a lighter version of AaaaaA!

Alright, thanks, both of you.

So BLEED is $4.49 on Steam but only $3 on 360. Does the Steam version have any new content? Because if it's the same, I'd rather save my precious Steam $$ and use my few remaining MS points

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Don't worry, that'll pass. :p
There's a point in the life of every Steam user where they stop wondering whether "Will this game have enough replay value to justify its purchase at the current discounted price?" and they start thinking "Is the game on sale? Yes! Will I ever play it? Hell no. Bought!"

That's when you become a true Steam Master. Until then you're a simple Padawan.

There's a point in the life of every Steam user where they stop wondering whether "Will this game have enough replay value to justify its purchase at the current discounted price?" and they start thinking "Is the game on sale? Yes! Will I ever play it? Hell no. Bought!"

That's when you become a true Steam master. Until then you're a simple Padawan.
Why would anyone buy a game they're not going to play? Even if it's on sale, it's a waste of money that could be saved for a better game or some unexpected preorder/Greenlit/indie game.

If anything, I'd buy games I wouldn't play only to have in my inventory

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom