• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements/Updates 2013 - Summer sale start date? No one knows, don't ask

Status
Not open for further replies.

Timedog

good credit (by proxy)
I don't want to derail with steam sales questions, but just to make sure, whatever day it does start, it's gonna start at 10am Pacific, right? I think someone posted that earlier.

justjim89

I know they've had sales go through holidays, but have they ever started a sale on one? I don't know anything about running a site, but I'd imagine you'd need people there to manage the massive influx of traffic. The store always crashes during the first day of a sale.

I want it to be today, but all logic says otherwise.

dot

oh lawd

First Mortal Kombat got released yesterday. Now i wake up to find FFVII in the steam store. And now Naruto is finally confirmed for pc. And the summer seal hasn't even started yet.

Exciting news! :3

cicero

Finally sold a foil card for GSB worth about €3. Could have been about €12 if it weren't for an idiot who undercut from €12 to €3 in one swoop (Then everyone seemed to undercut this guy and the price went down without a purchase from €12 to €3). The guy who bought my foil seems to be a japanese business man (at least according to his profile) who bought all the GSB foils at once not matter the price. He payed up to €14 for some. If the one guy wouldn't have shown up and undercut by €9 I could have made about €12 with a digital card, damn you, undercutter!
Was his Steam name "PalmDesert"? That guy bought my expensive Skulls of the Shogun cards. He buys everything.

Nabs

registry stuff:

L4D2 free weekend?
Sonic and All-Stars Racing Transformed free weekend?
Killing Floor - Free Week?

I have 3 coupons:

66% off for Serious Sam 3.
50% off for Magicka.
25% off for Zeno Clash 2.

and also 2 Killing Floor guest pass (Idk if those expire)

quote/PM me if you want any of those.

I'll take the magicka coupon and a killing floor pass, please

Does FF7 support higher resolutions even though it's 4:3? Does it also support the 360 controller?

Yes, but the backgrounds are stretched. There's an option to keep the 4:3 ratio.

360 controller is supported. My brother is using it and I'm using a Logitech F510 which is basically a 360 controller in the shape of a PS3 controller.

I got my wallet ready, Dunder.

Dunder got da deal!

You can get crazy deals on Steam keys in the B/S/T thread. The other day, I paid Dunder $16 for a $40 game that comes out in August.
Thanks for pointing out that thread. I was subscribed to the Steam Trading thread but this thread seems more active. Of course I have only two crappy keys so the odds of anyone wanted to trade with me are slim to none

def sim

That Naruto game is official? Great, I'm going to end up buying a game based on a show I don't care to watch. Just because it's pretty.

smr00

Banned
That Naruto game is official? Great, I'm going to end up buying a game based on a show I don't care to watch. Just because it's pretty.
I like Shippuden but not a huge fan of the games because i suck at them but i will buy it just to support more fighting games on PC. I know a lot of people that want more fighting games on PC.

But i should get some enjoyment out of the SP stuff.

~Kinggi~

Banned
Yes, but the backgrounds are stretched. There's an option to keep the 4:3 ratio.

360 controller is supported. My brother is using it and I'm using a Logitech F510 which is basically a 360 controller in the shape of a PS3 controller.

Wow i might actually have to get this now.

JBourne

maybe tomorrow it rains
Thanks for pointing out that thread. I was subscribed to the Steam Trading thread but this thread seems more active. Of course I have only two crappy keys so the odds of anyone wanted to trade with me are slim to none

I check the thread on a daily basis. Bought lots of codes since building a PC. I even bought the graphics card I'm currently using from someone there.

payday 2 or SR IV?

Dragon Commander. Still got beta access, too.

Nabs

75% off (Free Weekend):

spotlight_image_english.png

spotlight_image_english.png

Killing Floor is 80% off and will probably have that Free Week.

Kipp

but I am taking tiny steps forward
Anyone who hasn't played Sonic and All Stars Racing Transformed DEFINITELY needs to give it a shot. So much fun.

def sim

I like Shippuden but not a huge fan of the games because i suck at them but i will buy it just to support more fighting games on PC. I know a lot of people that want more fighting games on PC.

But i should get some enjoyment out of the SP stuff.

I think I'm going to hijack your reason.

I have not played any of these Naruto games, though I've read once that they are similar to Virtual On. If that's remotely true, the game can't be too bad.

cicero

Oh, so just aesthetic.

But more games do seen impractical unless you're saving them in your inventory for trade opportunities

I mean, I have 15 games right now. Out of those, I'm only going to play 6 of them. And if I could have just keep those 6 and give the rest away, I would.
This is how HolyBaikal started...I just know it.

This user has not yet set up their Steam Community profile.
If you know them encourage him/her to set up their profile and join in on the gaming!
I went to check out your Steam profile and found naught but this. :(

Why would anyone buy a game they're not going to play? Even if it's on sale, it's a waste of money that could be saved for a better game or some unexpected preorder/Greenlit/indie game.

If anything, I'd buy games I wouldn't play only to have in my inventory
Start buying indie bundles. You will have tons of games that you will most likely never play alongside beloved titles at massive discounts. That some will never be played doesn't make the bundle deals any less great. That is where the vast majority of my unplayed games have come from.

I really feel like buying you Bad Rats for some reason. If only to broaden your Steam horizons.

Dr Dogg

Well the Steam hasn't imploded and we got another daily, Anno 2070 @ 33% off. My wallet can live for another day.

This is how HolyBaikal started...I just know it.

Well it was really only one game that tipped them over the edge of madness.

Zia

At least we get a new Humble weekly
featuring two of three games that've already been in Humble bundles.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom