• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements/Updates 2013 - Summer sale start date? No one knows, don't ask

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oneironaut

Neo Member
Isn't that only true for Versus? (and maybe campaign mode Expert?)

I only play coop, and I haven't had any issues with the community, so I think it is just versus.

That said, I haven't played in a while, so maybe it has deteriorated while I've been away.

HoosTrax

Just Sonic Generations or SASRT alone would be worth $7.50 in my book -- spent more than 30 hours on each. Sonic 4 is pretty underwhelming, on the other hand.

I think I should get around to finally playing L4D2 -- bought it during some previous sale and never got around to it.

It boggles the mind that some publishers still believe that DRM works although it's been repeatedly shown to be easily surmountable by hackers, and's ultimately just inconveniencing legitimate customers.

It will get cracked, and shared. It's inevitable. And using bittorrent, and other file-sharing methods, is not a hurdle, it's been made sufficiently easy for the average computer user.

Just stop making it worse for your paying customers. Please.

What are you going on about?

ArjanN

I know theres now testers playing KOF 13 on steam, but has there been any other hints of progress to the other KOF games?

Not really, but I assume that's just because they're done. I expect KOF98 and 2002 to be fairly basic ports, and they'll probably throw them up as a pack or as preorder incentives.

Pretty much this. There could be a $5 bundle with lets say 10 games in it. 2 Games i want and both those games retail for $10-15. That's a good and the other 8 games i can either trade or give away.

I bought a indie bundle a couple days back for $5 that came with like 12 games and had 3 games i really wanted that would of cost me $30 on steam, gave the other keys away.
I'd love to buy bundles, but don't have a credit card or Paypal. Only workaround I can think of is getting an Amazon gift card, making an account, then using gift card for Amazon Payments

And I still feel bad, because someone here had got me a bundle. I only wanted Frozen Synapse and Stealth Bastards and planned to give the other games away. But I didn't know that you could only trade/gift items from your inventory and I hadn't learned about key swapping yet. So I redeemed them and now I have a bunch of games I'd love to give away but can't.

Of course now I know better and have been giving away other keys on Reddit and here

Just got that Sonic pack, hot damn. Generations was the only one I owned on the PC. Had some steam wallet funds from selling extra cards too so I only paid 2 dollars. I love you steam <3

masterkajo

Was his Steam name "PalmDesert"? That guy bought my expensive Skulls of the Shogun cards. He buys everything.

Why yes, yes that is him. I would have loved if he bought mine for €12 instead of €3. Maybe if I get a foil again I will contact him directly :p

eyeless

wait so sonic racing transformed is 7.50 by itself but included in a bundle with every other sonic game for 7.50

is this a trick

PKrockin

Get it while it's hot guys, that's the price of Generations alone.

b6ufOeW.png

http://store.steampowered.com/app/71340/

Insane deal on that Sonic pack. This has to be a mistake. I already own everything I would want out of it though...

Looks like there is a free weekend for Sonic Racing too. Might be a good time to jump back in for some multiplayer.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
So is the pricing for Sonic and All Stars and the package not a mistake? I can't buy a steam card today since it's late, but I will buy one. I'm worried they might "fix" it.

Grief.exe

It boggles the mind that some publishers still believe that DRM works although it's been repeatedly shown to be easily surmountable by hackers, and's ultimately just inconveniencing legitimate customers.

It will get cracked, and shared. It's inevitable. And using bittorrent, and other file-sharing methods, is not a hurdle, it's been made sufficiently easy for the average computer user.

Just stop making it worse for your paying customers. Please.

EDIT: Sorry. I was venting about Final Fantasy VII's DRM. I don't even like that game.

Whats the point of putting so much DRM into a title that is so old?

What complete moron thought this was a good idea.

The title is already easy to illegally acquire via the original PC version or emulation.

This only hurts legitimate customers and doesn't even effect pirates in the least.

Dr Dogg

Hey guys, how's Virtua Tennis 4? For 3$ I'm really tempted.

If you're a fan of Achievements you'll be tearing your hair out when they don't stick to your account. Has a save game error and Sega still hasn't fixed this (and at this point in time probably won't). Other than that not bad.

Not too many changes to the formula but better than 3 and way better than 2009. World tour is still a great time leach. Though I still prefer 2 of all VT's and it keeps my Dreamcast relevant from time to time.

Online is okish but depends on your connection and mines crap so I'm not a great one to judge.

Worth $3 though.

Freezard

Apparently it's been going for $40 standard price. So I guess it's not an error, just lowered the price with $10 for some reason + discount.

Kouriozan

So is the pricing for Sonic and All Stars and the package not a mistake? I can't buy a steam card today since it's late, but I will buy one. I'm worried they might "fix" it.

Apparently it's not a mistake, or it would have been fixed already.
I'm getting my money tomorrow too, so I hope it's not a mistake :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom