• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements/Updates 2013 - Summer sale start date? No one knows, don't ask

Status
Not open for further replies.

derExperte

Hey guys, how's Virtua Tennis 4? For 3$ I'm really tempted.

There's no competition on PC so if you want to play some tennis get it. Don't expect anything realistic and the minigames during the career can be very silly but I think it's great fun.

Apparently it's not a mistake, or it would have been fixed already.
I'm getting my money tomorrow too, so I hope it's not a mistake :p

Some price errors took a while to fix, like Civ5 Brave New World in Brazil.

Atruvius

I don't even like Sonic and still had to buy it, the racing game looks so nice. Had to press the purchases for myself button three times before it would let me purchase it.

Is systemrequirementslab.com a scam or something? Someone had directed me to the site because I was asking about Don't Starve specs

Every game I searched - Dont Starve, Amnesia, Vessel - it said I can't run, didn't meet the minimum requirements and needed to buy or download stuff. Yet I know for a fact that I can run Vessel just fine cause I'm three hours in and I can run Amnesia on medium

GAMERG0D

Whats the point of putting so much DRM into a title that is so old?

What complete moron thought this was a good idea.

The title is already easy to illegally acquire via the original PC version or emulation.

This only hurts legitimate customers and doesn't even effect pirates in the least.
The DRM isn't always on.

So what games are on the HB weekly?
We don't know for at least another half hour.

Addnan

Is systemrequirementslab.com a scam or something? Someone had directed me to the site because I was asking about Don't Starve specs

Every game I searched - Dont Starve, Amnesia, Vessel - it said I can't run, didn't meet the minimum requirements and needed to buy or download stuff. Yet I know for a fact that I can run Vessel just fine cause I'm three hours in and I can run Amnesia on medium
It's not a scam, but it's not really accurate either since many developers won't list some hardware eg laptops.

kaleii

Get it while it's hot guys, that's the price of Generations alone.

b6ufOeW.png

http://store.steampowered.com/app/71340/

Amazing price. I don't own any of them (and have no intention of playing them), but bought it anyway.

Now I'm in the same dilemma as everyone else... let it sit in my inventory or redeem it? MAN!
I have 10 games in my inventory and 130 codes in an Excel sheet. Only 133 redeemed games.

I do this alot. Is this worse than JaseC? At least he redeems his games.

I wouldn't say it's a scan, but i think the site is just useless nowadays. Most of the times it's wrong when it says you cant really run the game.
EDIT: Sorta beaten D:

justjim89

I'm tempted on buying the Sonic pack, even though I've never played a Sonic game before. (I know, shameful.) I might just have a hankering for a good deal.

73V3N

Banned
I'm tempted on buying the Sonic pack, even though I've never played a Sonic game before. (I know, shameful.) I might just have a hankering for a good deal.

Sonic Racing Transformed is really good and it's 7.49 alone, think about the pack as getting Transformed and a lot of extra stuff for free.

Timedog

good credit (by proxy)
If I buy a game "for myself" in steam, can you still give out codes like people sometimes do in this thread? Or do you have to buy it as a gift?

Also, if you buy as a gift, can you still use the game yourself if you change your mind?

Tnetennba

I don't even like Sonic and I already own Generations and Transformed on other platforms. Why did I buy that bundle? I feel regret and we're not even into the sale yet. Oh boy.

I'd buy the pack for my inventory but annoyingly I can't trade or gift items yet because I've only been active on Steam for like 6 days. And you need Steam Guard enabled for 15 days before being able to trade or gift

Exuro

If I buy a game "for myself" in steam, can you still give out codes like people sometimes do in this thread? Or do you have to buy it as a gift?

Also, if you buy as a gift, can you still use the game yourself if you change your mind?
You don't get codes from buying through steam. What you would do is buy as a gift and have it sent to your inventory. Then you can decide to use it yourself or give it to someone else. Packs like this aren't separated though so you'd have to either keep everything or give everything.

Blizzard

Banned
They added a new character apparently. Seems like it's Company of Heroes 2 guy, as S0L hinted at it on the Steam forums.

Ah, thanks. Will give him a try when I get a chance later on today. I do hope this means it is possible for us to get more characters via updates.

danielcw

The title is already easy to illegally acquire via the original PC version or emulation.

This only hurts legitimate customers and doesn't even effect pirates in the least.

I guess even pirates like an enhanced version.
I heard the old version is difficult to use fully on modern systems.

And if you look at pirate sites, the new PC version is there, and is being downloaded by people right now, so there are people who bother.

(I actually own the old PC version, but lost my first disc, and back then there was no good patch for the German version to use a Riva TNT (if I remeber correctly).
I would really like this new version but I am low on money right now, and no, I am not going to pirate it)

It's just a shame Sonic 06 never got a PC port, the collection shall never be complete ;-;
Lol

Unleashed either but that has the awesome mod release, free of werehog fighting.

Dawg

Could any US gaffer buy me the sonic pack? I did a bank transfer to paypal but it hasn't arrived yet.

Edit: goddamnit, it's fixed after all :(

I don't even like Sonic and I already own Generations and Transformed on other platforms. Why did I buy that bundle? I feel regret and we're not even into the sale yet. Oh boy.

Let yourself go... allow the winds of the sale to carry you... fly upon it like wings, sailing above everything. Allow yourself to exit your body, and watch from above as you wait for the daily deals, and buy things that will never be played because it is -75% off. Things like Lucius, and RUSE and Rocksmith. Breathe in the deep, fulfilling sale, exhale your cares away. And lo, your Steam library shall grow to the heights of Olympus, and you may then sit upon your throne of high game count and cry as Ozymandias... "Look upon my Games Collector tally, ye mighty, and despair!"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom