• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements/Updates 2013 - Summer sale start date? No one knows, don't ask

Status
Not open for further replies.

Grief.exe

There actually isn't always online DRM with FFVII.

Its a one-time login when you first run the game. Then it can be played offline.

HoosTrax

What I wouldn't give for some Sonic emoticons...

I feel like the mid-tier publishers are more open to participating in stuff like Workshop and STC.

M*A*S*H

New (free) character in Sonic All Stars Transformed. Some Russian tank guy from Company of Heroes.

Wut? It's great that sumo is giving us free content, but where's the stuff we actually want? Also a tf2 and shogun track would be much appreciated. FM too, just to see how the hell that would work.

Alien Bob

taken advantage of my ass
Holy shit I bought it juuust before it got fixed. Don't really know if I could actually afford it, but fuck it, dat deal, right?

35 minutes is a long time for a pricing error like this to last... dat holiday.

Y'all can't dilly-dally when that stuff happens. Just go man.

inky

I got a 75% off coupon for Droid Assault that expires today. I was maybe gonna use it, but I think it's better if someone who wants it can have it. Just quote.

PKrockin

If you guys haven't played Sonic or only played one or two games and are interested, you should go for this deal. The Sonic series spans the full range of awesome to shit but the Genesis games plus Generations are definitely worth it. The racing games are supposed to be good too.

edit: aw, looks like it's fixed. $30 now.

Dr Dogg

There actually isn't always online DRM with FFVII.

Its a one-time login when you first run the game. Then it can be played offline.

Ah right. Wasn't there a mention about cloud saves? Doesn't appear it's using Steam Cloud for that. Didn't the SE store released version have a very backward implementation?

Mako_Drug

Steam Australia lists Sonic the Hedgehog - Episode I as -107% off to a total of $-0.51

Steam will pay me to take Sonic off there hands? lol.

justjim89

Whew. Thank God. My purchase went in at $7.50 just before it jumped back up. almost blew all my sale money on a franchise I don't particularly care about. Scared me for a sec.

It worked just fine. I also always did this for the Sleepy Dawg DLC. Only seems to work on some Items :/

What payment method do you use? Do you enter a fake address? If you could walk me through that step by step it would be really nice, because it doesn't work for me.

M*A*S*H

People like Company of Heroes, you know. It's probably a promotional move.

I'm not seeing a massive convergence in the ww2 rts and sega kart racer demographics. Free content is always welcome, but from a business perspective if nothing else, it's weird we get this before anything that would actually make money.

I feel bad for having exploited a pricing mistake :( It was just too good to pass on.

There are no cost of goods, and I'm sure the incremental kick they got from people who never would have bought the deal otherwise will work out just fine for everyone. But, damn, +1000 to Integrity for you good sir.

I must've got in at the last second. On the Aus site Sonic Transformed was listed at $9.99 and the Sonic Pack was $7.49 so i thought it had to be a mistake.

Bucca

Fools are always so certain of themselves, but wiser men so full of doubts.
Do you guys think it's worth it to grab L4D2 right now for $5? Or do you think it's better to chance it and see if it goes lower during the summer sale?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom