• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM Announcements/Updates 2013 - Summer sale start date? No one knows, don't ask

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kerub

Banned
Man, selling trading cards is a great way to build up the steam wallet for summer sales. I already have 20 euros + to spend that I didn't pay anything to get.

Maxwood

Oh rock of ages, do not crumble, love is breathing still. Oh lady moon shine down, a little people magic if you will.
Are you guys getting a wild keyboard bug from using Steam chat from within Offspring Fling? It's typing each letter a ton of times:
I'm having the exact same thing. CPU is going crazy as well, no idea why. Steam overlay stay's in the blackbars, dissapears when hitting a red switch. Weird stuff.
Very charming game, though. I'm not a big fan of the puzzles, but they're entertaining. :)

I must say, since the card economy bombed, i'm kinda getting into the collecting and trading stuff.
Very tricky, Valve.

Addnan

Want to trade.

Have Full Parry from Offspring.

Want anything from the game that is not Full Parry, Angry Hornet, Spiky Cuddler or Mysterious Ninja.

Let me know.

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences
How hard can it be to make an emoticon? 90% of this shit is a random picture. Super Meat Boy & Monster Loves You are great examples of actually doing it right.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Cards are a devious trick. I only have a DRM-Free copy of Offspring Fling and I was content with that...

HoosTrax

Cards are a devious trick. I only have a DRM-Free copy of Offspring Fling and I was content with that...
I was kind of snickering to myself when I saw a GAF'er who has been vehemently anti-Steam for "DRM" reasons posting in here yesterday, asking how to get trading cards.

Maxwood

Oh rock of ages, do not crumble, love is breathing still. Oh lady moon shine down, a little people magic if you will.
I'm not getting any drops in Offspring Fling and i'm actually actively playing the game. :p

Jørdan

Those are actual in-game images though, so it's not a good example of "effort".

Where the images come from are irrelevant to my finding them humorous nor do I care about "effort". You may want to have that discussion with the person that was actually making the critique.

Grief.exe

Not really. Just thinking we don't have enough sales on Magicka. For reals.

lol

How is this even possible?

py00OJX.png

xelios

Universal Access can be found under System Preferences
Jørdan;65139976 said:
Where the images come from are irrelevant to my finding them humorous nor do I care about "effort". You may want to have that discussion with the person that was actually making the critique.

I don't care anything about where they come from either, really. The point is they (SMB, MLY) look great and actually express something when you use them. My critique was simply that most don't and are just some random icon. Strike Suit emoticons for instance are quite useless.

HoosTrax

How is this even possible?
Exactly! It's a travesty.

I don't care anything about where they come from either, really. The point is they (SMB, MLY) look great and actually express something when you use them. My critique was simply that most don't and are just some random icon. Strike Suit emoticons for instance are quite useless.
I have to admit, I kind of like the headcrab, even though it doesn't really fit the definition of emoticon.

Maxwood

I'm not getting any drops in Offspring Fling and i'm actually actively playing the game. :p

Nothing for thirty minutes, and now my first foil. The Mighty Dinobaus. Yay!
To sell or not to sell...
...it sure looks cute.

Turfster

So I'm confused now.
I've got like, 13 games with badges, but my badges page only showed 4, so I figured it was like that to limit the clutter... except that now, I suddenly have 5 titles still listed. Is this a bug? Just some weird quirk? Does this mean it's forgotten I was eligible for the others, and I won't get boosters for them? Halp.

73V3N

Banned
So I'm confused now.
I've got like, 13 games with badges, but my badges page only showed 4, so I figured it was like that to limit the clutter... except that now, I suddenly have 5 titles still listed. Is this a bug? Just some weird quirk? Does this mean it's forgotten I was eligible for the others, and I won't get boosters for them? Halp.

Same happened to me.
i have 3 games with badges and only 2 were showing.
but then i ran the other and it showed up in the list again.

Jørdan

I have looked at a few myself and wondered about the choice, not that I think it is necessarily easy for some games to be as useful/attractive/funny as I find MLY to be.

Nothing for thirty minutes, and now my first foil.
Congrats!

So I'm confused now.

Happened to me too and still does, I think although I could be entirely wrong you only see them for games you have installed.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Sales on this Magicka card started out at 33 cents. I guess it is sinking in with people that cards will always be there.

JustinBB7

Cards for everybody!
Steam Trading Cards - Leaving Beta Soon!
We're going to move Trading Cards out of beta next Wednesday June 26th at 11am PDT.

This means that it's going all the features you all have been helpful in testing are going to be made available to everyone on Steam. We'll be adding Trading Cards to several games that day as well (instead of the normal Tuesday & Thursday release).

We'll be continuing to iterate on existing features and add new ones after the release. There are a few things we have talked about previously that we really wanted to get to, that have now been pushed till post release - Trade Offers, and the Card Binder. They will still get done we just don't have an exact timeline on that.

For now until release we're going to focus on fixing up all the existing bugs and issues. Please continue to give feedback and comments, it's all been very helpful. This group will continue to exist post-release as the place to talk about cards and get announcements on any changes.

Making trading cards available to all Steam users is a step towards an event we think everyone can be excited about...

Grief.exe

Cards for everybody!

Steam Trading Cards - Leaving Beta Soon!
We're going to move Trading Cards out of beta next Wednesday June 26th at 11am PDT.

This means that it's going all the features you all have been helpful in testing are going to be made available to everyone on Steam. We'll be adding Trading Cards to several games that day as well (instead of the normal Tuesday & Thursday release).

We'll be continuing to iterate on existing features and add new ones after the release. There are a few things we have talked about previously that we really wanted to get to, that have now been pushed till post release - Trade Offers, and the Card Binder. They will still get done we just don't have an exact timeline on that.

For now until release we're going to focus on fixing up all the existing bugs and issues. Please continue to give feedback and comments, it's all been very helpful. This group will continue to exist post-release as the place to talk about cards and get announcements on any changes.

Making trading cards available to all Steam users is a step towards an event we think everyone can be excited about...

Awesome. Hopefully one of the improvements is allowing you to select your own achievements.

Summer sale on the 27th, woo.

Plausible

Dr Dogg

Cards for everybody!

Ruh roh!

What does this mean? Do we all have to get our drops before the market gets flooded? Are beta cards going to be series 1 and then when it's in full flow series 2 kicks in? Well guess I better get downloading and idling sharpish.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom