• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | July 2014-3 – Let Off Some STEAM Bennett

Status
Not open for further replies.

Casimir

Unconfirmed Member
Never got a chance to play any of the Hitman games, should I be ashamed?

You should probably start with Hitman: Blood Money if you are looking for the 'authentic' experience that most people reference when talking about the series. The prior two titles are a bit rough around the edges, but if you are willing to put up with dated graphics and gameplay and awkward UI's the are still quite enjoyable.

all are really good minus absolution that is crap

Like comments that deride a game as 'trash', this isn't really a helpful or truthful assessment of Hitman: Absolution. The developers made great strides in making the UI and gameplay more intuitive compared to the previous titles, with some exceptions like magic pockets and holding down buttons to activate actions instead of a simple tap. The level design suffers compared to the previous games, but there are moments when the systems and theory behind Absolution coalesces and it absolutely shines.

Sub Zero

his body's cold as ice, but he's got a heart of gold
Whoa, Sub. Whoa.

Knew I should have called for a Dead Rising 3 giveaway :p

ok...

ModBot said:
Instructions for Sub Zero:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Sub Zero, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

t1cxE6r.gif
Dead Rising 3 -- MB-79D89B2DC6243F60 - Taken by FiveElementNinja. 118 entrants total.

t1406070638z1.png

Tripolygon

Banned
More to come
ModBot said:
Instructions for danhese007:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (danhese007, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Daikatana -- MB-40EE41777FC27F27 - Taken by HalfwayOrb. 2 entrants total.
Anachronox -- MB-BEE8AC4CC59B545C - Taken by fernandes. 3 entrants total.

t1406060674z1.png

ModBot 2 said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a garbage dump. No other rules apply, you may claim as many as you want (there are no limits or throttles), and keys you win won't be counted as wins for your record. Do not SELL these keys for a profit.

ulgzbKC.png
Super Panda Adventures (Desura) -- MB-D5912324FD54B1E0 - Taken by cardinalmind

Another Desura key no one wants.

Volimar

Super sleep deprived so I hope I did this right. Anyway, some spares from the previous humble bundle.

ModBot 2 said:
I am giving away 5 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Volimar, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

X-COM: UFO Defense -- MB-D97216953744D730 - Taken by WisK
X-COM: Enforcer -- MB-581FA7BF000F0555
X-COM: Terror from the Deep -- MB-24E8CFEEF7A54A02 - Taken by Natty1
X-COM: Apocalypse -- MB-54AD8806746B3012 - Taken by jres80
X-COM: Interceptor -- MB-9DE6EEDF3D1E923E - Taken by rainking187

oupi

ModBot 3 said:

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- You must have given away a game through ModBot to become eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Mirror's Edge -- MB-FC113C0D9A4D4930 - Taken by Rudakus. 4 entrants total.

t1406070641z1.png

Anustart

TellTale pls. Unlocking an achievement called "Heavy Burden" after resolving a precarious situation caused by a
mentally challenged girl
is not what I'd call appropiate.

Where is it ever even hinted at that she's mentally challenged? She just seems overly protected. No need to be the first to start a witch hunt for something that isn't even there.

Tripolygon

Banned
Repost More to come
ModBot said:
Instructions for danhese007:

I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (danhese007, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Hitman 2: Silent Assassin -- MB-42E6076573E77B59 - Taken by CrunchyFrog. 3 entrants total.
Hitman: Codename 47 -- MB-09300EBBD1B1A14C

t1406060316z1.png

rtcn63

I just bombed a phone interview a half-hour ago (been ages, said I was a "hardcore person" in reference to nothing, because nothing could just ever justify that line outside of sexual deviants), so these giveaways give me a reason not to willfully black out for the next week.

Sharkiller

Like comments that deride a game as 'trash', this isn't really a helpful or truthful assessment of Hitman: Absolution. The developers made great strides in making the UI and gameplay more intuitive compared to the previous titles, with some exceptions like magic pockets and holding down buttons to activate actions instead of a simple tap. The level design suffers compared to the previous games, but there are moments when the systems and theory behind Absolution coalesces and it absolutely shines.
I didn't like any level from absolution. All are really cheap and corridors. It was very boring to play. "Go pass this zone, reach this door. Checkpoint."
Levels in previous games was a lot more open world and dynamic. Even the devs said that in the next Hitman game they are going to go back to the game roots.

Jørdan

Oh wow. Generous giveaway.

Now would be a great time to do a Galactic Civilizations III | Watch_Dogs | Wasteland 2 | Age of Wonders III giveaway.. intervention.

/fixed

like what?
not sure if serious!
Well many games on GOG - a few of which are on Steam - have bonus content outwith the game such as soundtracks, making of, art books and so on. Was just suggesting that for those debating the GOG or Steam release that there may be extras included on GOG.

NotSelf

More gold dudes and dudettes.

ModBot said:
Instructions for NotSelf:

I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (NotSelf, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:

Thief Gold -- MB-D32E2DBDD69E0D0B
Hitman 2: Silent Assassin -- MB-CBB5BD0DD0B60476 - Taken by BorntoPlay. 3 entrants total.
Hitman: Codename 47 -- MB-947C8C3694653DEB - Taken by Alduin. 2 entrants total.

t1406060917z1.png

Sub Zero

his body's cold as ice, but he's got a heart of gold
Too cool of you man.

Dont stop until you give away Shovel Knight

ok...

ModBot said:
Instructions for Sub Zero:

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Sub Zero, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:

Shovel Knight -- MB-1E77EC9B7229636B - Taken by NotSelf. 104 entrants total.

t1406071057z1.png

Holy shit, Sub. Thats what I get for making a smart assed comment, even half seriously.

Karma dictates that I don't win, but regardless thanks for being so generous.

Didn't you win something decently big in the last week or so? I seem to remember you winning something of note. ;)

So yeah, karma should not let you win, if that's the case... but the Universe has done stranger things.

This is not funny anymore Sub Zero.

Don't worry. I'm pretty sure my comment is a "hard stop".
If he fills that one, I'll probably die from an aneurysm.

What is it with you and pretending I don't exist. :(

Also, you must be screwing up the PAYITFORWARD rule somehow... I saw it on a giveaway earlier (for Halfway).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom