• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 15: Two Guys Play

joe2187

Banned
Oh jeez you're reminding me of Jim Sterling's review of RE:R2.

Lets take a look at some key quotes from that review

as selling itself piecemeal, Revelations 2 is already flogging a bucket of downloadable content at launch, with its obligatory Raid Mode

What? what's obligatory about Raid mode? You dont even have to ever touch it.

Revelations 2‘s episodic structure and shameless DLC hawking lend an offputtingly cynical presentation to a sequel I’ve been anticipating for quite some time.

Does he just ignore that the digital version is half the price of the physical version? And that the physical version comes with everything?

Raid Mode is the star of the show, and keeping in theme with the cynicism of the product, its microtransaction-ready environment seems to be where Capcom’s put all of its attention.

The microtransactions is a single item, and it's not even a big deal at all since you can earn them every single day and even then they dont really matter since it's only a convenience item.

. Of course, despite all this, it’s hard to get over the fact that Raid Mode wants more of your hard-earned money,

What money? What are is he even talking about? You dont feel pressured to buy anything!

Yeah So I fucked up super hard you guys...
I asked Pat if they had ajusted for daylight saving and Pat put the video an hour early on youtube :(
Sorry Pat. I won't speak to you about time ever again.
That's not why. Pat messed with it last night in Steam chat independent of you telling him :p
Or maybe he sprung it back after it was already moved forward.

This is Pat we're talking about.
^ This is what happened

Emouse

Just watched Max's bio freaks boss rage, pretty gooood

Also watched his video on the new KI character, she looks fucking awesome I can't wait for her later in the month

Lets take a look at some key quotes from that review

What? what's obligatory about Raid mode? You dont even have to ever touch it.

Does he just ignore that the digital version is half the price of the physical version? And that the physical version comes with everything?

The microtransactions is a single item, and it's not even a big deal at all since you can earn them every single day and even then they dont really matter since it's only a convenience item.

What money? What are is he even talking about? You dont feel pressured to buy anything!

These statements almost come off as hypocritical considering Jim's stance on DLC. where he thinks its fine if it doesn't feel like its stuff ripped from the main game and the main game already provides a good amount of content. Considering each episode of Rev2 is 5 dollars and features a campaign and raid mode, you're already getting a really good amount of content, to the point where microtransactions are almost expected to gain some extra funds.

This arms race to see who can provide the most content in the least amount of money is sad considering the people who make the biggest deal of this kind of stuff are the jaded and/or older people that grew up with expensive games only having maybe a couple hours of content max.

Also, complaining about the episodic structure for this game as a serious flaw is beyond idiotic. If you think the episodic structure hurts the experience, then wait a few weeks for the whole game to come out, then play it. This isn't a telltale game, you won't have to wait a year for the whole thing.

I think Youtube auto adjusted for daylight saving , and he put it earlier for no reason.

I feel super bad about this you guys , I don't think I can speak to him ever again.

Meanwhile Pat's sitting there probably going "The video went up an hour early? Oh. Who wants to help me get to G-Rank in Monster Hunter?"

Okingjrr

Yeah So I fucked up super hard you guys...
I asked Pat if they had ajusted for daylight saving and Pat put the video an hour early on youtube :(
Sorry Pat. I won't speak to you about time ever again.

Good job Mike, no really.
JK, at least we got the video early.

YPHfx3u.png

giphy.gif
I don't think I'll ever be this lucky again...

mike0dude

First Takamura fights someone called
Ricky Mouse
, now he's fighting someone called
Ronald Duck
. The outcome is pretty obvious just from looking at the names. Who's next?
Doofy Goof?

Ilvocare

These statements almost come off as hypocritical considering Jim's stance on DLC. where he thinks its fine if it doesn't feel like its stuff ripped from the main game and the main game already provides a good amount of content. Considering each episode of Rev2 is 5 dollars and features a campaign and raid mode, you're already getting a really good amount of content, to the point where microtransactions are almost expected to gain some extra funds.

This arms race to see who can provide the most content in the least amount of money is sad considering the people who make the biggest deal of this kind of stuff are the jaded and/or older people that grew up with expensive games only having maybe a couple hours of content max.

Also, complaining about the episodic structure for this game as a serious flaw is beyond idiotic. If you think the episodic structure hurts the experience, then wait a few weeks for the whole game to come out, then play it. This isn't a telltale game, you won't have to wait a year for the whole thing.

Jim is so baffling. Like, his Jimquisitions are great and he's one of, if not the only reviewer I trust regarding Warriors games, but the moment he reviews anything else he just becomes a standard misled VG critic.

Also I'm done with Smash. I'll probably take on Kanji's V!Arena story now, which involves trying more challenges!

Unless someone's game for Ultimax now, but I doubt it.

Oberon

Banned
Man I remember singing O Fortuna back in HS. Fun song.

Here's something to remember the lyrics

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nIwrgAnx6Q8

I think I shouldn't, because I can't unheard those lyrics

I don't think I'll ever be this lucky again...

I remember the first time I played P2, I spent like 2 hours playing black jack.

Making someone rage quit as techies

a57.gif

tldr plz

I don't play DOTA, but I Iike making Smash players rage quit. Like spiking at a lower %.
I once broke someones shield, just to taunt in front of him instead of defeating him. He just jumped from the stage afterwards lol

Also, I can't believe YGO abridged had a biker mice from mars reference

Skrams

Yeah, the deets Pat dropped were pretty good. Also some good The Order and DmC shittalk happened.
Still waiting for that KoF Let's Watch though.

I don't play DOTA, but I Iike making Smash players rage quit. Like spiking at a lower %.
I once broke someones shield, just to taunt in front of him instead of defeating him. He just jumped from the stage afterwards lol

Making people rage quit is the best but I like it way more as techies.

Ilvocare

Got to 21 challenges with Kanji before I figured that was enough. I can see why Pat loves him as a character. Although slow bruisers in general aren't really my type, Kanji can cover so many options, so it's really not a deterrent.

Off to start his "story" now!

Top Bottom