• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 15: Two Guys Play

Do it, tho. Don't you like hurting other people?

grey-fox-o.gif

sjay1994

Am I the only one that can hear racial differences in tone? Does that make me racist?

I dunno, do you sing racist exclusionary chants with your university frat about not accepting african americans in your frat, then get super butthurt when someone uploads the video to youtube and you get expelled?

No?

Then you aren't racist.

sjay1994

I mean, I am in a stupid god damn course right now.

I wasted 2 years of uni in biological science......

and man, I feel like I made some really dumb choices in my educational life.

Nah, I mean real life.

I am 20, and I have no idea what the fuck I am doing anymore. Where am I headed? What am I going to do?

I need a job.

You're young. Don't stress out about it. Live your life and figure out what you want and who you are before you force yourself down a path you don't want.

A friend of mine just realized what he wants to do with his life 3 years into his major in a different field and has to retake 2 years of classes to graduate.

It's unreasonable to expect people to know who they are and what they want at such a young age. Go at your own pace bro.

I mean, I am in a stupid god damn course right now.

I wasted 2 years of uni in biological science......

and man, I feel like I made some really dumb choices in my educational life.

So has everyone else at one point in their lives.

Just make it to graduation. Afterwards the world kind of opens up.

Nah, I mean real life.
I am 20, and I have no idea what the fuck I am doing anymore. Where am I headed? What am I going to do?
I need a job.

We all face that question repeatedly throughout life. You've literally got years to tackle that question, don't pull your hair out over it now

sjay1994

I am also becoming incredibly paranoid that my dad might pass away soon. He is in his late 50's, and he says he is having some pains. Everytime my phone rings I fear I am getting a call about him dying. Its not a healthy mindset, but its been plauging my head for months now.

My mother is in the early stages of alzhiemers and she is only 54. She can barely take care of herself.

My dad is misserable. He is working from 8-10 everyday, and I want to do something to help, but I can't because I am in school. I need to apply for a job, but no one seems to be hiring.

I feel like their is way to much pressure on me to find something now. I would love to take my own pace... but I don't think I can.

Man, I need to chill out.

I am also becoming incredibly paranoid that my dad might pass away soon. He is in his late 50's, and he says he is having some pains. Everytime my phone rings I fear I am getting a call about him dying. Its not a healthy mindset, but its been plauging my head for months now.

My mother is in the early stages of alzhiemers and she is only 54. She can barely take care of herself.

My dad is misserable. He is working from 8-10 everyday, and I want to do something to help, but I can't because I am in school. I need to apply for a job, but no one seems to be hiring.

I feel like their is way to much pressure on me to find something now. I would love to take my own pace... but I don't think I can.

Go to sleep. You're gonna drive yourself up the wall.

That's a lot of shit on your mind man.

So, here's what happened to me. I had to help take care of my nephews and couldn't go to class. My familial responsibility got me fucked. You care for your family, but focus on your studies first! Your future should be your first priority. I know that sounds heartless and I'm not saying fuck your parents or anything, but sometimes you have to be a little heartless to get through life.

But yeah, for now it's probably better if you just go to sleep and fuck your schedule.

sjay1994

That's a lot of shit on your mind man.

So, here's what happened to me. I had to help take care of my nephews and couldn't go to class. My familial responsibility got me fucked. You care for your family, but focus on your studies first! Your future should be your first priority. I know that sounds heartless and I'm not saying fuck your parents or anything, but sometimes you have to be a little heartless to get through life.

But yeah, for now it's probably better if you just go to sleep and fuck your schedule.

The thing is, I honestly try to go to sleep. But most of the time I am just awake tosing around in my bed.

sjay1994

Also I have this bullshit midterm.

Its online, and open book and I can do it whenever this week.

Problem is the questions are fucking bullshit and you can't find them in the assigned notes.

I got a 60 in the first miderm, and I need a 70 average in general.

I think I will book an appointment with a campus doctor. This sleep thing is really fucking with me.

Don't jump straight to sleeping pills. That shit can be a problem later if you keep using them, since there's a very high risk of dependency.

Ask about other alternatives. Sleep hygiene is a huge fucking hassle, but it can work for a lot of people if you stick it out. Chewing some Valerian root is another option.

Top Bottom