• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 15: Two Guys Play

I just started it last night, it's a it slow to get going but so far it's pretty fun. The parallel missions are cool.

I've got too much to play right now to pick up my own copy, but I'm considering picking it up over the summer. Learning specials from characters is a fun, albeit grindy, system. Having Hercule take on a Saiyan as a pupil is too great to pass up

Kids...

Never drink 4 cups of coffee within 30 mins.

My eyes feel like they're going to bulge out my head ugh.
My friend has a mild coffee addiction, we have free coffee at uni, one thing led to another and we ended up drinking like 6 cups of coffee in an hour and losing my mind while she was just fine.

demidar

It's not super high quality or anything but it's decent, get's the job done. Just don't do what we did and study right next to the coffee machine, free stuff is dangerous.

If there was a free soda machine my teeth would have already been rotten.

Yeah, gotta be wary of free stuff.

At least it's not free energy drinks.

Nordicus

By miss the boat do you mean they didn't understand it? Or that they didn't play it?
Honestly, given how far they got, the latter question applies. It's like quitting Monster Hunter 2 hours in. Until you've experienced Tier 4 or higher (out of 7) parallel quests in full co-op, you haven't really seen what the game's really like.

They were walking around in the game hub, while I'm fighting Goku in space with my sexy superhero Majin and punching him endlessly in the dick and/or ass for his kamehameha spam.

This is probably the most "awesome" outfit I've had on him... don't laugh!
on7WYzT.jpg
mr792MK.jpg
owIJjZR.jpg

I just started it last night, it's a bit slow to get going but so far it's pretty fun. The parallel missions are cool.
Yeah, they're basically dungeons, but for DBZ. In the later ones you can get your shit kicked in even in fair 3v2 matches. Androids 17 and 18 have crazy teamwork, I've found.

I've got too much to play right now to pick up my own copy, but I'm considering picking it up over the summer. Learning specials from characters is a fun, albeit grindy, system. Having Hercule take on a Saiyan as a pupil is too great to pass up
The skill acquisition in general is pretty grindy. If it's not the slow and steady mentors, it's the RNG drops. If not that, it's the RNG drops within secret RNG events.

Kids...

Never drink 4 cups of coffee within 30 mins.

My eyes feel like they're going to bulge out my head ugh.
I can barely handle 2 cups in an hour. Makes me mad jittery

I have no idea when I'll sleep. I slept for 18 hours yesterday, my Madoka figure is getting delivered today via UPS, so I have to answer the door and there's still some shit to do.

sjay1994

I hate coffee waaaay more and having horrible insomnia I need them sometimes just to be able to function.

But yeah, they're not great and make you feel kinda like shit.

I am also not a fan of coffee. The only energy drink I can down is full throttle.

Monster tastes like ass.

sjay1994

Man... That song is so rad. So much more rad than Transformers.

In a cold, far away world
A battle is raging between evil and good
From the stars, they came here to Earth
Caught in their struggle through the whole universe
Robotic warriors give it their all
Fight in disguise, 'til the victor stands tall

TRANSFORMERS!
DEFENDERS OF TRUTH!
ROBOTS WHO FIGHT IN DISGUISE!
TRANSFORMERS!
WHEN THE BATTLE IS THROUGH!
ONLY THE STRONG WILL SURVIVE!

till all are one.

Stan Bush is a wizard.

The Best Friends missed the boat on Xenoverse. Season pass aside, it's a great game for fans.

It's a shame how fast not even the Zaibatsu, but people as a whole dismiss games like this. It's meant for fans. It's not meant to be a serious fighter.

Sure it has some pretty glaring issues and it's certainly not going to win any gold stars, but it's one of the more FUN games I've played in quite a while.

sjay1994

Aw yeah, today is more Mad World and Revelaitons 2....

and podcast later....

But I need to sleep at 10pm.

Until then I will endure

sjay1994

It's a shame how fast not even the Zaibatsu, but people as a whole dismiss games like this. It's meant for fans. It's not meant to be a serious fighter.

Sure it has some pretty glaring issues and it's certainly not going to win any gold stars, but it's one of the more FUN games I've played in quite a while.

All my friends bought xenoverse.

They described it to me as Dragonball Destiny, but much better than Destiny.

And I am the chode who bought evolve.

Eh, was never a fan of DB anyways, the only thing I like about DB is the TFS abridged series.

sjay1994

I just realized I'm not interested in any of the currently airing LPs. I went from watching most of the ones going to now none of them.

The rev one is actually really good.

I am a fan of Madworld, so I am pretty much just watching them play for their reactions to stuff.

Emouse

I just realized I'm not interested in any of the currently airing LPs. I went from watching most of the ones going to now none of them.

Yeah same, I wanna watch the revelations 2 LP but I'm waiting to play it myself and don't want anything spoiled, I'm not particularly feeling Madworld either

I think fans deserve a lot more than a half-assed fighter with MMO elements.

The Budokai games are a lot more fun to play.

The rev one is actually really good.

I am a fan of Madworld, so I am pretty much just watching them play for their reactions to stuff.

I'm sure it's good, but I haven't played it yet and I'm waiting for the whole game to be out to do so.

From what I've seen it's very repetitive combat over and over, when combined with Matt/Woolie being my least favorite pairing and I just don't really want to watch it.

sjay1994

I'm sure it's good, but I haven't played it yet and I'm waiting for the whole game to be out to do so.

From what I've seen it's very repetitive combat over and over, when combined with Matt/Woolie being my least favorite pairing and I just don't really want to watch it.

Thats fair.

Woolie pairings are my favorite, and as I said I am just watching the LP for their reactions... and the hypest final boss.

Top Bottom