• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 15: Two Guys Play

Zenfalcia

sry
image.php

Okingjrr

ask the teacher if he can make you guys watch Hackers. that's "Hackers : Les Pirates du cyberespace" in french.

I'm known to be the "terrible jokes" guy in my class, he probably won't even get it. I'll try tho.
Aw man, I'm dying over the names of the teachers for this class: D'arcy --> D'Arby from JoJo, Hamon --> the guy's name is straight up HAMON!

Zenfalcia

I'm known to be the "terrible jokes" guy in my class, he probably won't even get it. I'll try tho.
Aw man, I'm dying over the names of the teachers for this class: D'arcy --> D'Arby from JoJo, Hamon --> the guy's name is straight up HAMON!
what's wrong with being the "terrible jokes" guy?

Amazing.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
I think Metroid wouldn't fit a character action genre, the main appeal of the series is it's atmosphere and character action games are usually about over the top combat. Doesn't really fit with that very well.

1) Powerful, athletic, and acrobatic character? Check.
2) Multiple mobility options, many vertical? Check.
3) Both long range and short range weapons? Check.
4) Multiple weapon modifiers/swaps for loadout switching? Check.
5) A variety of both humanoid and large scale ground and air based enemies/bosses? Check.
6) A "devil trigger" or mode swap in the form of different suits/ZSS? Check.

People also forget that DMC1 has oodles of atmosphere. In fact, that's probably the sole reason why anyone prefers it over DMC3 or DMC4.

5) A variety of both humanoid and large scale ground and air based enemies/bosses? Check.

People also forget that DMC1 has oodles of atmosphere. In fact, that's probably the sole reason why anyone prefers it over DMC3 or DMC4.

She doesn't have a melee option that would make character action viable.

Zenfalcia

croten

I just don't think a Metroid character action game would be a good Metroid game, spin off or not.
Zelda on the other hand...

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
I just don't think a Metroid character action game would be a good Metroid game, spin off or not.

Just like Metroid Prime Hunters was a great Metroid game, amirite? Or the pinball game?

Not every game in a franchise needs to follow the mantra of the mainline series as long as the mainline series is intact.

Anyway, it's just a fun idea. It'll never happen. Probably.

croten

Just like Metroid Prime Hunters was a great Metroid game, amirite? Or the pinball game?

Not every game in a franchise needs to follow the mantra of the mainline series as long as the mainline series is intact.

Anyway, it's just a fun idea. It'll never happen. Probably.

I actually hated Metroid prime hunters

Oberon

Banned
]I'm known to be the "terrible jokes" guy in my class[/B], he probably won't even get it. I'll try tho.

Well, I hat you from now on. It's nothing personal.
During the choir camp, 3 girls were talking and making bad jokes for almost the entire night.
I told them to shut up, but they didn't. The next day I was trying too sleep, and one of the girl didn't want to turn off the light. So stood up and turned it off myself. And in the darkness she shined the light of her phone at and said "You're scaring me, I am sorry..."
I can look pretty mean when I am not wearing my glasses (I have to close my eyes slighty to see anything so I look like I am angry) and it didn't help that I was trying to sleep
Those first years, no respect for their Senpai!

mike0dude

You know how to make a samus character action? Just make her zero suit and make her moves Bayo. But instead of wicked weaves you give her ex equip where her power armor appears around her when she fights.
Then make the angels space pirates.

Edit or just make Vanquish again.

360pages

Yeah, you're correct aside from one small detail.
Prime's PAL scan doesn't actually indicate that it has mechanical weapons, it's just that some of its attacks in-game seem to be of a mechanical nature. Unfortunately, that couldn't really change the boss just for the PAL version.
NO IT'S NOT.

Yeah, it's just one of those things. It's really a small thing in the overall plot. Not a big deal. It probably would have been easier just to say that the Pirates came into contact with Prime before the Chozo's did. Even if that would have made a weird timeline strain.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
How so? What are her melee options whilst swapping suits?

Would it be the kicks from Smash and the cannon as a club deal?

Because in almost every Metroid she gets a new suit. Could she not have a new suit tailored to melee design? While swappings suits? ZSS is one of the most agile and melee based characters in all of Smash and you're asking what she can do while changing suits? Kicks, whips, punches, grapples, tackles, dives, feints...

You say "kicks from Smash" but Dante in DMC1 just had "slashes with a sword" in the beginning. It's not about what you're using, but how it's used.

I actually hated Metroid prime hunters

It's probably a bad game. My point is that not all games within a franchise need to feel the same. That said, it's a good thing for them to do so. I just don't think that "character action" and "atmospheric" are mutually exclusive concepts.

beinfilms

You guys, it's super nice outside! There's only one thing to do when something like this happens!
Stay inside just as much as I always do.

Because in almost every Metroid she gets a new suit. Could she not have a new suit tailored to melee design? While swappings suits? ZSS is one of the most agile and melee based characters in all of Smash and you're asking what she can do while changing suits? Kicks, whips, punches, grapples, tackles...

You say "kicks from Smash" but Dante in DMC1 just had "slashes with a sword". It's not about what you're using, but how it's used.

I understand now. You've given this much thought.

Top Bottom