• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 15: Two Guys Play

Yeah, though then I started to think "what if there are some amazing sidequest buried in this massive pile of horseshit?"
I wish there was some list of recommended sidequests so I could do just those and nothing else.
There actually are some really good ones in there, one of them being a huge chain of side quests with a spectacular ending. Problem is side quests are sometimes really hard to finish without a guide(not knowing where to find certain enemies/items and the quest giver only appearing at certain specific times and places), so I can see it being a problem if you aren't 100% motivated to get them. That said, even me being a Xenoblade nut left the majority of the side quests for new game+.

mrmyhthef

There actually are some really good ones in there, one of them being a huge chain of side quests with a spectacular ending. Problem is side quests are sometimes really hard to finish without a guide(not knowing where to find certain enemies/items and the quest giver only appearing at certain specific times and places), so I can see it being a problem if you aren't 100% motivated to get them. That said, even me being a Xenoblade nut left the majority of the side quests for new game+.

Not to mention every party member has 2 additional skill trees which can only be unlocked by completing certain sidequests.

Damn, There Came An Echo is really cool, and for some reason I didn't expect this good of VA work, or well, any VA work when I just glanced at it.

I was thinking it would just be a nice little indie game, then I saw Yuri Lowenthal and Laura Bailey were VA's for the game.

Plus there's a nice little Gaf emoticon.

Morning.

About LoL

That's usually a pretty tame feeder.

I remember a ranked game I played where the ADC and Support both died about 10 times a piece in about 5 minutes.

ultimax

It's unclear. It's an offhand comment at 1:50 in the podcast.

Dempsey-Roll-hajime-no-ippo-3053775.gif

demidar

Morning.

About LoL

That's usually a pretty tame feeder.

I remember a ranked game I played where the ADC and Support both died about 10 times a piece in about 5 minutes.

One time I was playing as Soraka as solo top and managed to get a double kill.

Obviously we won that match, they were legit shook from that sick play.

One time I was playing as Soraka as solo top and managed to get a double kill.

Obviously we won that match, they were legit shook from that sick play.

I remember getting my first Pentakill with Vlad wayyyy back before I was level 30. Hit all 5 with my ultimate and went through my rotation and then W'd under all of them since they were they were stunned by amumu's ult and zhonya'ed in that pool form and just drained whatever life was left.

Not to mention every party member has 2 additional skill trees which can only be unlocked by completing certain sidequests.
Oh right I forgot about those, also the Colony 6 rebuilding quest is really rewarding but extremely tedious and long(relies on you getting several 2% drops).
Yeah, but at least you aren't making judgements about the game
while comparing it to its inferior sequel
That's actually my problem with it.

Skrams

I've never even played P3

Not the point. I haven't played it either, but for someone like him? The guy constantly pushes P3/P4 and doesn't even finish one of the games he's pushing. It's disappointing and also hilarious.

Pat has criticized waifus without having finished P3.

Pat has participated in a P3/P4 spoilercast without having finished P3.

Pat has said he has liked P4 more than P3 without having finished P3.

Pat has been flabbergasted at Woolie's playtime in P3 without having finished P3.

I can't.

Did he say why? It's not like it's a hard game.

He said the ending was spoiled for him, so I assume he just stopped due to that.

ultimax

Not the point. I haven't played it either, but for someone like him? The guy constantly pushes P3/P4 and doesn't even finish one of the games he's pushing. It's disappointing and also hilarious.

He said the ending was spoiled for him, so I assume he just stopped due to that.

I just wanna know if he got far enough for his Yukari shit talking to be justified or not

It depends how far he got. Like if I was at the game dungeon in p4 and I got spoiled I would have dropped that game like a sack of bricks
...I think thats about when I got spoiled about who culprit was...
I dunno I mean I never beat Xenogears but I still think that game is a bunch of dog turds, is that about the same as pats thing?

I dunno, I got spoilt on the ending when I started P3, it bummed me out but I still wanted to see it unfold for myself. Unless he literally got spoiled the entire ending I don't think that's a good excuse to not finish one of the games you push the hardest.
What would there be to spoil in P3 anyway? It's not like P4 where there's a culprit

I'm not sure whether you want it in spoilers or not but(MAJOR SPOILERS)

Ikutski being evil/crazy is a spoiler(I got spoiled on this too),
The MC "dying" at the end is the main spoiler though(also got spoiled on this)

Other than that I agree, it's not as bad to get spoiled in this game as it is in P4.

What would there be to spoil in P3 anyway? It's not like P4 where there's a culprit
I dunno maybe the fact that PERSONA 3 SPOILERS DO NOT READ!
that you die at the end of the game.
I personally think thats a bigger spoiler than who culprit is, cause you know that the culprit will be revealed at one point.

Skrams

I personally can't wait for either the biggest backdown or us all getting our shit pushed in super hard when Pat wakes up eventually. It's going to be fun either way.

Still, come the fuck on Pat.

Oberon

Banned
I dunno, I got spoilt on the ending when I started P3, it bummed me out but I still wanted to see it unfold for myself. Unless he literally got spoiled the entire ending I don't think that's a good excuse to not finish one of the games you push the hardest.

I'm not sure whether you want it in spoilers or not but(MAJOR SPOILERS)

Ikutski being evil/crazy is a spoiler(I got spoiled on this too),
The MC "dying" at the end is the main spoiler though(also got spoiled on this)

Other than that I agree, it's not as bad to get spoiled in this game as it is in P4.

I dunno maybe the fact that PERSONA 3 SPOILERS DO NOT READ!
that you die at the end of the game.
I personally think thats a bigger spoiler than who culprit is, cause you know that the culprit will be revealed at one point.

SPOILERS
I didn't even know that you die at the end, even after finishing it. It wasn't really clear

croten

I personally can't wait for either the biggest backdown or us all getting our shit pushed in super hard when Pat wakes up eventually. It's going to be fun either way.

I don't really care either way myself. I haven't even finished P4 either.

No, it'll be fine cause he watched the ending on youtube or something. That's totally just as good playing it yourself.

ultimax

My money is on the world biggest backdown, but honestly i couldnt give less of a shit, i just wanna know how far he got

Top Bottom