• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 15: Two Guys Play

ultimax

Jesus Christ, I thought the PS3 Onechanbara game was ridiculous, but this is just... wow:

1392524070998.gif

So, on a non P3 related note, how on earth do you beat a Besarios (rock dragon) on MH4? All my attacks keel clinging off it's hide.
Using Gr8 Sword btw

They know as much English as we do Japanese :p

Not saying it's not goofy, I was just defending Memories of You as a way to convey the ending.
So, on a non P3 related note, how on earth do you beat a Besarios (rock dragon) on MH4? All my attacks keel clinging off it's hide.
Using Gr8 Sword btw
Greatsword? I just mash A till I get a knockdown. Gotta go for dem feets.

I was under the impression Bayonetta was a niche title, at least in the West.
Bayonetta's a cult game that got a decent amount of public awareness when Nintendo put Bayo 2 commercials on TV. Onechanbara's got nothing aside from press releases and the one episode of Creepy Anime Bullshit.

Okingjrr

I don't get why PersonaGate is making everyone explode like a Chinese motorcycle. I really don't care if he finished it or not, he's still played a good bit of it, I think.

tsundoku

I just woke up and the first thing I see is that Pat didnt beat P3. What the fuck.
Was it missing a piece of overpowered equipment or exp booster that let you cheese your way through half of the game?
Maybe he would enjoy his RPGs better on an emulator where he has a convenient list of infinite gold and hp codes to activate

It is, this is even more so. Ask someone about bayonetta and they'll probably know the name but ask them about Onechanbara and they'll think you're a fucking weeb.

Bayonetta's a cult game that got a decent amount of public awareness when Nintendo put Bayo 2 commercials on TV. Onechanbara's got nothing aside from press releases and the one episode of Creepy Anime Bullshit.

I want to know who's buying these games.

This is from the developer that made Battle Arena Toshinden for PS1.

They also made this:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dream_Club

I don't get why PersonaGate is making everyone explode like a Chinese motorcycle. I really don't care if he finished it or not, he's still played a good bit of it, I think.

LOL

It fine really. I'd bet he played through most of the game anyway, and if he did watch what he didn't play, that'd be fine too.

Skrams

What's the timestamp for when he says he didn't finish P3?
You've already done it probably, but 1:50:00 exactly.

Using Gr8 Sword btw
Did this today too. He's incredibly weak so just keep slashing at his feet until he falls over. Then hit his belly and either you'll have killed him or his chest opens up for easier killing. Also jump attacks might be useful if you can get them off.
Ah, he won't come in here.
It'll happen one way or another. Reddit, Twitter, here, or next podcast probably.
Was it missing a piece of overpowered equipment or exp booster that let you cheese your way through half of the game?
Maybe he would enjoy his RPGs better on an emulator where he has a convenient list of infinite gold and hp codes to activate
I'm dying.

It's in the link to the post, but man, the motherfucker was in a P3/P4 spoilercast even. It's equally insane and equally hilarious at this point.

tsundoku

I doubt its because of spoilers because Pat seemed perfectly content to start dropping Persona 3 spoilers for the rest of the population with it in their backlog. During his video called "Persona 4 Racing..." Without a warning on the video or verbally before he started doing it.

Rizzi

You don't because why would you pay 3 when you have NV?

I like the DC wasteland more. Also, super mutants.
New Vegas has better writing sure. But I hate the Mojave wasteland.

So I just beat the second episode of Revelations 2. Was okay.
That fucking Pedro boss fight was bullshit though.

YOOOOOOOOOOOO!

I'm dying at work.

I doubt its because of spoilers because Pat seemed perfectly content to start dropping Persona 3 spoilers for the rest of the population with it in their backlog. During his video called "Persona 4 Racing..." Without a warning on the video or verbally before he started doing it.
So I got spoiled on p3 and I didn't even know it? It's a good thing I don't know what it is.

It's a good point, and I agree.
But I don't have to finish Shovel Knight to praise it as one of the best platformers of 2014.
BTW, still haven't finished it :p
You can have an opinion sure, and it's probably close to your opinion you'd have if/when you finish it, but my only point is you don't go around talking about how cool the final boss is.

I mean seriously, he praised a final boss he didn't do for himself yo.

Is this about the mario rpg playthrough or something?

Anung

Un Rama
You can have an opinion sure, and it's probably close to your opinion you'd have if/when you finish it, but my only point is you don't go around talking about how cool the final boss is.

I mean seriously, he praised a final boss he didn't do for himself yo.

Kinda makes his The Order watching a movie criticisms a bit of a laugh as well. Persona 3 is a filmic experience 4/10/

Skrams

uncaring.gif
This is all in the middle of him talking about how he cheated at the finale of Baldur's Gate because he just didn't care anymore. It's simply hilarious considering the way Pat has acted about Persona 3 and 4 in the past.

I guess Pat just hates Persona 3. Persona 4 is the one true god.

MrGoodWil was a humourless bastard and he'd flip out if someone made those jokes.
Damn, couldn't even take a joke? Maybe it's for the best he's gone.
He really was an asshole. I'm glad he was abducted by aliens.
Though, with all these opinions I wish I'd had the chance to meet him.

Is this about the mario rpg playthrough or something?
Pretty sure he means the ongoing Baldur's Gate cheating saga.

Top Bottom