• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 15: Two Guys Play

Okay let's talk about games you should finish, but haven't yet or just never will.

I played Papers Please once and then never went back to it even though I enjoyed it, games revolving around time limits make me anxious.

I still have only played like a third of Valkyria Chronicles on PC even though I've had it since release day, it just takes so long to finish even one chapter.

I still need to finish Zelda:WWHD, I only have the final dungeon to go but I want to 100% it, I'm just not motivated since I've already beaten WW twice.

Okay let's talk about games you should finish, but haven't yet or just never will.

I played Papers Please once and then never went back to it even though I enjoyed it, games revolving around time limits make me anxious.

I still have only played like a third of Valkyria Chronicles on PC even though I've had it since release day, it just takes so long to finish even one chapter.

I still need to finish Zelda:WWHD, I only have the final dungeon to go but I want to 100% it, I'm just not motivated since I've already beaten WW twice.
I've never finished deus ex. I still think its amazing but I really need to finish

Okingjrr

You can have an opinion sure, and it's probably close to your opinion you'd have if/when you finish it, but my only point is you don't go around talking about how cool the final boss is.

I mean seriously, he praised a final boss he didn't do for himself yo.
Well I ain't gon defend that.
I don't talk about what I haven't experienced, it's not fair, not even if I know what it is by osmosis.

Right there with you. I can't play Majora's Mask or Dead Rising for SHIT, even though I really like both.

Planetscape Torment is a big one I need to get around to. I played 10 minutes and ensured all the mods I installed worked though.

Awaiting the "Would you trust this fraud with your waifu?" photoshops. #PersonaGate

13650180391932565339.GIF

I never beat close to half the zelda games. I always got halfway through and I got bored and moved on. They're good games, they're just not for me.

Also started atelier rorona. Something about that game just grates and I can't bring myself to play it ever again.

Metroid 3 - Very first Metroid game and I wasn't feeling it
Record of Agarest War - Guess I was burnt out on Platinuming Cross Edge
White Knight Chronicles - Got Bored
Bayonetta - PS3 problems
Tales of Xillia 2 - Got a Wii U

Mercenary Kings. It's just 2D Monster Hunter.

Ilvocare

Wait a minute

if Pat never finish P3

then I'm dangerously close to having played more Persona than him based solely on the P4 spinoff games

This will result in nothing, though.

What's happening everyone, other than Pat activating the Personalit?

SteveTR

Oh, nevermind. I figured out what happened to Mrgoodwill.

It takes a while to get the Member status, right? I might have to look into GAFGold.

Like is there a percentage to Pat's completion of P3? Like it'd be odd if he only did like 30 percent of the game or something that's be weird, but if he did like over 70% and just looked up the rest of the story it's pretty whatever tbh

Skrams

Okay let's talk about games you should finish, but haven't yet or just never will..

Tons. I'll finish them because I never have completely dropped a game as far as I remember. It's always just waiting for me to eventually restart or pick back up.

Off the top of my head and scanning my shelf? The MGS series, Nier's other endings, Dark Souls, Bayonetta 2, Binary Domain, Muramasa, DKC Tropical Freeze, Fallout NV, Dragon's Dogma, Parasite Eve, Darksiders 2, DKC Returns, LoZ: Wind Waker, and a bunch of other junk easily. A lot of stuff I still need to just start too.

DKC Returns might also be the only game I don't want to go back to. I hated the waggling so much and the World 7 boss was the worst. Maybe I just had a bad day, but I really hated it at the time. I beat the boss and stopped at the beginning of World 8.

So yeah, it's "fine" that Pat hasn't beaten Persona 3, but considering his relationship with the way he's spoken about the games? Yeah, it's something.

Bayonetta - PS3 problems

Okay yeah this one for me too, I was almost done with the game too, but the framerate was just unbearable. Decided to just replay it on Wii U.

I think Bayonetta is the only game I've ever double dipped on, technically I didn't though since I only paid for Bayo 2 and Bayo 1 was free.

Metroid 3 - Very first Metroid game and I wasn't feeling it
Record of Agarest War - Guess I was burnt out on Platinuming Cross Edge
White Knight Chronicles - Got Bored
Bayonetta - PS3 problems
Tales of Xillia 2 - Got a Wii U
I forgot about record of argarest. I got 3/4 of the way through and dropped that shit. It was goin on for way too long.

There are a few games I'm working on that I haven't finished yet.

Dark Souls, Bayo 1+2, and P3 are the most recent.

I'll be crushed if I find out Pat never finished Xenogears.

Okingjrr

I bet nobody will actually answer but what exactly happened to Mrgoodwill? Did he get banned?
To be honest, nobody really knows what happened to him, some say he was abducted by the mods, some say he never liked the SBF.
It's RecursiveFault, he just changed his name.

I have so many games to finish, I won't even try to list them.
Dead Space is the longest pause I've ever taken while still being interested in finishing it.

Top Bottom