• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Best Friends Thread 15: Two Guys Play

Mathaou

legacy of cane
I'm downloading New Vegas onto my computer right now.

Get ready for a playthrough update the right way, and in the shittiest of resolutions.

You're an optimist aren't you? You actually think the legion could change? There is no way in hell that anyone high up would allow that, even if ceasar tried to change it.
Having actually talked to the higher ups, yes, I do think they'll follow what Caesar does. They're all extremely loyal to him. They'll do what he says. That's one of the things Edward has made sure of. There's no chance they won't follow him. What happens after him, however, is up in the air. He's in his mid fifties at most, so he's not going to die from old age for a while, so as long as you don't kill him, what he wants will happen.

croten

Having actually talked to the higher ups, yes, I do think they'll follow what Caesar does. They're all extremely loyal to him. They'll do what he says. That's one of the things Edward has made sure of. There's no chance they won't follow him. What happens after him, however, is up in the air. He's in his mid fifties at most, so he's not going to die from old age for a while, so as long as you don't kill him, what he wants will happen.

Doesn't really forgive the murdering, slavery, raping.

I find it weird because Ultimax is more neutral game based, while under night is more extreme footsies based. They both end up doing the same thing where you end up going getting fucked as soon as you block. One just has some simpler mechanics to it that makes a lot of stuff safe, but your spending a lot of shit for it.

I have no problem with either one, but both have there own bullshit. There is video recently by arturo of him playing against a really good Gord and that looked like more bullshit then some stuff in Ultimax.

Is it after hours 23?

Mathaou

legacy of cane

Yeah, I agree. Foxhound, you're fighting a losing battle.

Also, I haven't used Steam in forever, and I have a 55MB update and not only am I downloading it at really slow speeds, I am also going backwards sometimes.

How the fuck am I going to download NV and also mods.

Numb

I'm not surprised, woolie seems to be the only one who really reads a lot of manga.
I thought Liam would be one aswell but he seems more anime than manga
I like how the Godzilla section is just Matt all the way

April 30th Those videos are great, but the devs are America based and did a great job stylizing a Japanese ad for it.

That release video is hilarious
I thought the game was coming sooner than that but i never knew making OTs took long

Those are his most trusted men and probably his personal army. Of course they'll follow his lead. But what about the people he left behind? The other leaders, higher up, generals, all of those guys. You think every single one of them would do the same? Not one of them would think 'i really like the way things are now'?

You don't have to forgive him. What he did was shitty. I just believe that when it's all over, the Legion has more potential for a safe society in the post apocalyptic wasteland than the highly incompetent NCR, where one of their main traits is that they can't protect shit, even in their own territory. Just to be clear, i'm nof arguing that the Legion is the best choice, I believe that to be House or independent, I am arguing that they're better than the NCR.

croten

You don't have to forgive him. What he did was shitty. I just believe that when it's all over, the Legion has more potential for a safe society in the post apocalyptic wasteland than the highly incompetent NCR, where one of their main traits is that they can't protect shit, even in their own territory. Just to be clear, i'm nof arguing that the Legion is the best choice, I believe that to be House or independent, I am arguing that they're better than the NCR.

I'm not arguing who can survive in the long run I'm arguing who is pure evil.

Those are his most trusted men and probably his personal army. Of course they'll follow his lead. But what about the people he left behind? The other leaders, higher up, generals, all of those guys. You think every single one of them would do the same? Not one of them would think 'i really like the way things are now'?
Yes, I do. One of the biggest foundations of the Legion is their unanimous worship of Caesar. He's basically their god. Hell, they believe he's the son of Mars. It's their core belief.

They can't be better than the ncr! The ncr doesn't murder and enslave people they don't like! They just sit around with their heads six feet up their own asses, and that's somehow worse than enslavement and murder?

I'm not arguing who can survive in the long run I'm arguing who is pure evil.
They're not pure evil, though. That's nonsense. Most of the factions aren't. Just varying shades of grey. The Legion happens to be a very dark shade of grey. Pure evil implies they do this shit for laughs, like the Fiends. They, are pure evil. Hell, not even all of the Fiends are pure evil. All their leaders are, and everyone outside of the vault, but most of them inside the vault are broken junkies.

Yes, I do. One of the biggest foundations of the Legion is their unanimous worship of Caesar. He's basically their god. Hell, they believe he's the son of Mars. It's their core belief.
Sure, but they're still human. And humans are ambitious, conniving little shits at times. I have no doubts in my mind that someone would take over and keep the status quo to keep their cushy life.

croten

They're not pure evil, though. That's nonsense. Most of the factions aren't. Just varying shades of grey. The Legion happens to be a very dark shade of grey. Pure evil implies they do this shit for laughs, like the Fiends. They, are pure evil. Hell, not even all of the Fiends are pure evil. All their leaders are, and everyone outside of the vault, but most of them inside the vault are broken junkies.

Dude they enslave all women. All of them. If you play as a woman one of the slaves warns you that the soldiers have been talking about raping you. They might not be Satan incarnate but they're pretty fucking close.

Sure, but they're still human. And humans are ambitious, conniving little shits at times. I have no doubts in my mind that someone would take over and keep the status quo to keep their cushy life.
They're still human, but if someone is raised from birth to be loyal to this guy, and it's something that's drilled into them, it isn't that likely to happen. And life would be a lot more comfy after taking Vegas, as they won't have to risk their lives nearly as much. There aren't politicians, all of these guys at the moment are warriors.

Numb

Ganondorf was everyone's dude.
Fuck it, that game should've been called and also been Ganondorf Warriors.
He's that good.

So true.
The point is boss characters are the best in everything and especially musou games.
Link was probably the least fun for me. Zelda was amazing though

TF is probably the best DK game since Jungle Beat DKC2
For real tho jungle beat was actually pretty fucking good for a game that you played with the bongos.
That game was so fun, I never finished it. Probably never going back to it
He gets fucked up in it. Doesn't win once in the entire set.
In EP 7? Yeah I would be too if I could win consistently but was losing all the time

They can't be better than the ncr! The ncr doesn't murder and enslave people they don't like! They just sit around with their heads six feet up their own asses, and that's somehow worse than enslavement and murder?
But they do kill people they don't like. They forcefully anex places that want nothing to do with them, and force ridiculously high taxes on people they know can't afford it, and when they don't pay up, their forced into military service. They are blatantly corrupt, with wealthy brahmin barons paying them off so they can do whatever they want, screwing over people less wealthy than them. Even when they aren't being corrupt, their incompetence stops them from actually doing anything.

croten

They're still human, but if someone is raised from birth to be loyal to this guy, and it's something that's drilled into them, it isn't that likely to happen. And life would be a lot more comfy after taking Vegas, as they won't have to risk their lives nearly as much. There aren't politicians, all of these guys at the moment are warriors.

That's who I wan't controlling my life, people who can't settle things beyond fight's to the death, and dear God lest you be born a woman. The Legion are monsters, they crucify, lead through fear, they enslave their own population if the person happens to have a pair of tits. The only redeemable thing about them is that their roads are safe but you know what? That isn't fucking enough.

semisonic

Banned
So true.
The point is boss characters are the best in everything and especially musou games.
Link was probably the least fun for me. Zelda was amazing though

Link wasn't super fun, but his spin attack alone basically won the game for you, especially with the master sword. It could just clear out keeps in like 4 hits. He wasn't great, but he also wasn't lana or fi tier.
It physically hurt me to play fi.
Just so shitty.
Hell, even midna kinda sucked, which was a huge disappointment.
On the other hand, Darunia was also way cooler than he should've been, and shiek was pretty great. I don't remember about Ruto or Girahim(because you unlock him at the same time as the Goddamn King of Darkness), and avoided Agitha like the plague because she shouldn't have been in the game at all.
That game reeeeaaaally had its ups and downs.

But they do kill people they don't like. They forcefully anex places that want nothing to do with them, and force ridiculously high taxes on people they know can't afford it, and when they don't pay up, their forced into military service. They are blatantly corrupt, with wealthy brahmin barons paying them off so they can do whatever they want, screwing over people less wealthy than them. Even when they aren't being corrupt, their incompetence stops them from actually doing anything.
So high taxes = murder in your eyes? It makes it harder to live well, absolutely. But it is not the same as outright murder.

That's who I wan't controlling my life, people who can't settle things beyond fight's to the death, and dear God lest you be born a woman. The Legion are monsters, they crucify, lead through fear, they enslave their own population if the person happens to have a pair of tits. The only redeemable thing about them is that their roads are safe but you know what? That isn't fucking enough.
Roads being safe is a huge understatement. They have taken some of the most dangerous places in post apocalyptic America and made them into the safest. Safe enough where you don't have to worry about being killed by bandits, or attacked in general. It's not just roads, it's large areas, with all of them being safer than even the Mojave. There's literally no bandits, so people don't have to worry about groups like the Fiends, Jackals, Vipers, or Powder Gangers.

Shackzam

I was watching that live. Art takes 90% of his life and then he gets taken to the corner and rekt.
Those grabs in the last match got him too.

The grab is pretty much everyone's problem with that character. It just offers him so much and makes his mix-ups insane and he has the long ass reach.

croten

Roads being safe is a huge understatement. They have taken some of the most dangerous places in post apocalyptic America and made them into the safest. Safe enough where you don't have to worry about being killed by bandits, or attacked in general. It's not just roads, it's large areas, with all of them being safer than even the Mojave. There's literally no bandits, so people don't have to worry about groups like the Fiends, Jackals, Vipers, or Powder Gangers.

I'm sure it is very safe and comfortable for the men.

semisonic

Banned

So what I should take away from this is that Fox is confirmed for not being the dude you wanna hang out with in the apocalypse.
Because having roads is better than not being raped all the time forever and also not having freedom or being murdered for having basic human decency.
Okay.

Numb

Link wasn't super fun, but his spin attack alone basically won the game for you, especially with the master sword. It could just clear out keeps in like 4 hits. He wasn't great, but he also wasn't lana or fi tier.
It physically hurt me to play fi.
Just so shitty.
Hell, even midna kinda sucked, which was a huge disappointment.
On the other hand, Darunia was also way cooler than he should've been, and shiek was pretty great. I don't remember about Ruto or Girahim(because you unlock him at the same time as the Goddamn King of Darkness), and avoided Agitha like the plague because she shouldn't have been in the game at all.
That game reeeeaaaally had its ups and downs.

To me fi was much more fun that Link.
Those twirling moves made it seem like dancing and slicing.
Impa with the greatsword was crazy too
To be honest every character can be really fun as long as you play them long enough and unlock their stuff

So high taxes = murder in your eyes? It makes it harder to live well, absolutely. But it is not the same as outright murder.
When high taxes that they know you can't afford means they force you to fight and die for them, and if you try to refuse they either imprison or kill you, yes, that is just as bad. Especially when these taxes are focused solely on people who can't afford them. The wealthy aren't affected by it at all due to the NCR's corruptness.

Top Bottom